Long time BB user, first time poster. I have a fairly new Classic I recently purchased on Amazon, which I use as my daily driver. Also carry around an iPhone 7 for everything else. My biggest fear with the KeyOne is the size. I do not want a bigger phone and this looks the size of an iPhone7 Plus, which is way too big for me. So, my question to those who already have it, or came from a Classic; how is the adjustment with form factor? Is is worth it? I'm really ok with carrying two phones, although it would be nice to have one phone for all my needs. Just crazy fearful of having a bigger phone. Classic and 7 are perfect size (actually the Q was, but that's a story for a different post )Help!!
    05-27-17 08:12 AM
    05-27-17 08:48 AM
    Here's a comparison of the 9900, the Classic and Keyone. Please see and judge for yourself:

Classic to KEYone?-dscf7280.jpg
    dollface likes this.
    05-27-17 08:50 AM
    I've come from a classic, and yes it is bigger but not causing me any problems so far, a friend of mine has a iPhone 6plus and its smaller than that
    05-27-17 08:59 AM
    Coming from classic...two week later with mi K1 i can confim that the k1 its bigger...same wider, so not difficult to manage, but really longer...so i'll find an'important size different. I think you have to test byyourself ...
    05-27-17 09:40 AM
    I used the 9900 for 5 years, then the DTEK60 for 5 months, then back to the 9900 for a month and then bought a KEYone.

Having already happily adjusted to Android using the DTEK60 my biggest concern going to the Keyone was the keyboard, but I needn't worried, it's as usable as the 9900 was, no trouble what so ever. I can type essays quick and accurately. It's a joy to use.

I never used BB10 as I didn't think it would have any longevity with 3rd party app support (as OS7 certainly didn't and you could see the death of BBOS coming a mile off as everything was being geared towards Android and iOS even in 2011), so going from the dated but very functional OS7 to Android was a good transition. Whilst I don't find Android as robust an OS as BB7, it's features and 3rd party support more than make up for it.
    dollface likes this.
    05-27-17 09:54 AM
    I'm coming from the Classic and the bigger screen size is an adjustment. Its nice to have but browsing is a little troublesome because u have to reach so far to click everything as it unfortunately doesn't have a pointer. Which is the single biggest difficult maker. On the Classic browsing the web was a breeze because the screen was smaller and u had the trackpad /pointer. With that being said I still think the KEYone is a catch and I look forward to wut they do different with the KEYtwo, wink wink ������
    05-27-17 12:50 PM
    I come from Classic to K1.
    Keyboard instantly ok, I'd say better than Classic.
    I found that using the K1 one-handed is like on Classic:
    forr browsing you should keep and balance the phone on the back with 4 fingers, giving the thumb the possibility to reach all the corners.
    Also typing one-handed is like on the Classic, the width is the same.
    The K1 is taller than Classic, this was a concern for me too before I had it here, since then (for me at least) its not a problem at all.

Only missing feature of the Classic is the trackpad, but not for browsing, for editing text.
    I hope in the future there will be an update which will give keyboard the pointer functionality: if I remember well on a Priv version there is this feature.
    05-27-17 01:06 PM
    Can anyone with both Classic and KEYone comment on if the KEYone is better/worse/same in these areas:
    - speaker volume on calls
    - cell signal/reception

Thanks. Many are saying keyboard is just as good as Classic. Other forums have commented that the keyone is a bit of a downgrade from the Priv and passport in regards to speaker and cell reception - wondering how it compares to the classic as I have never used the Priv or passport.

 C L A S S I C
    Eno Karapici likes this.
    05-27-17 02:29 PM
    Keyone is a very nice device. Coming from Classic is not so easy due to the size the first day. It is more slippery then Classic.
    The Hub is more slow and a bit not responsive.

But there are plenty of apps that were missing in Classic. A classic owner (me included) tries to convince himself that there is no need for them. It's 2017 there plenty of things around.After 2 days you will find that the keyoboard is ok.

The Classic has finished it's circle. Change it and you will love it the next week.
    05-27-17 03:13 PM