My thoughts exactly. Postponing these anticipated devices just adds fuel to the folks tempted to jump ship (myself included). Chen and BlackBerry need to have the devices out by the end of the year AND need to market it to a larger demographic if they plan on making them non high-end and affordable. This means commercials, large launch events, ANYTHING that will get the name out there. I currently use the Classic. Big fan, but I don't tend to use phones longer than two or three years at a time. I have my eyes out for the Rome. Let's hope BlackBerry can deliver.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    06-26-16 12:01 PM
    First thing they need to do is not make stupid budgeting decisions.

i.e. Don't pay Schneider to use their name on a chintzy ring around the camera lens, and then make the lens protector out of plastic.

Do it right, then market. That's how it works. People are too savvy nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 07:05 PM
    Yes the secrecy socks but I am using a passport and loving it but want also useful apps that I can download with no problems and honestly had all the phones out there android, Apple, Windows, Palm os, and nothing g is like blackberry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-07-16 03:43 PM
    Getting mighty sick of the secrecy. 'May release'... *****
    However, BB10 is one of the best mobile OSs I've ever used.

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2876
    Couldn't agree more, Mr Chen should appreciate such customer feedbacks/comments. But because he doesn't BlackBerry is where it now is. The secrecy doesn't make any sense, unless you are apple but even their "secrecy" follows a certain pattern everyone knows so they get away with that. Everyone knows that the next iPhone is coming in September. The only question is what The specs are and what it looks like. Apple gets away with it because of its reputation.

A 0.1% market share company should be aware that it can't copy that. BlackBerry only used to be a name. Now it's a synonym of uncertainty.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-08-16 10:28 AM
    My man Chen

07-12-16 06:37 PM

i.e. Don't pay Schneider to use their name on a chintzy ring around the camera lens, and then make the lens protector out of plastic.
    While I realize this wasn't you point, do you think they paid for the S-K branding?

Personally, I would've guessed that they got a discount because of the S-K branding, but I don't know. (?)

07-13-16 07:51 AM
    I just hope blackberry keeps releasing those new android phones because I enjoy priv tremendously. This is first time that I can say I own nearly perfect phone. When I had z10 it was crappy battery and apps, z30 so.so screen,poor camera and apps but priv is something special. I love it.
    07-13-16 01:15 PM
    While I realize this wasn't you point, do you think they paid for the S-K branding?

Personally, I would've guessed that they got a discount because of the S-K branding, but I don't know. (?)

There's no way they didn't pay for the branding. Though it may have been a part of the deal to use SK's optics. Honestly, who really knows. But I don't think that the Priv's optics are any better than anyone else's unbranded ones.

The SK branding lent legitimacy to the Priv, not the other way around.
    07-13-16 01:33 PM
    Couldn't agree more, Mr Chen should appreciate such customer feedbacks/comments. But because he doesn't BlackBerry is where it now is. The secrecy doesn't make any sense, unless you are apple but even their "secrecy" follows a certain pattern everyone knows so they get away with that. Everyone knows that the next iPhone is coming in September. The only question is what The specs are and what it looks like. Apple gets away with it because of its reputation.

A 0.1% market share company should be aware that it can't copy that. BlackBerry only used to be a name. Now it's a synonym of uncertainty.
    Chen is listening to customer feedback and getting comments... only he defines customers as Enterprise, not Consumer.

The "secrecy" isn't about keeping things a secret so much as not announcing things prematurely so that customers start complaining about announcing things and taking forever to deliver.

As for everyone "knowing" Apple's iPhone schedule... It used to be June, then it wasn't, then usually September...

1st gen: June 29, 2007
    3G: July 11, 2008
    3GS: June 19, 2009
    4: June 24, 2010
    4S: October 14, 2011
    5: September 21, 2012
    5C, 5S: September 20, 2013
    6 / 6 Plus: September 19, 2014
    6S / 6S Plus: September 25, 2015
    SE: March 31, 2016
    08-01-16 08:37 PM
    Man speaks with forked tongue!!