I know the new BlackBerry KEYone has the USB type C (which essentially means there is no wrong way to plug it in, right?) and charges a lot faster than the previous USB type on BlackBerry 10 phones. But something I noticed with my PlayBook, z10 and passport is that the charging ports were never really "tight". All three devices, even when brand new with new cables, were very loose and the plug could swivel a fair bit when plugged in. This has taken its toll on my current phone, the passport, and now I have to place the charger about 75% into the port to make it charge, otherwise it will not register that it's plugged in. Can anyone confirm that a type C is more reliable? Talking about the phone itself, not the cable, I know cables ware out all the time. Also, has anyone else had the same problem as me with previous BlackBerry devices?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 04:31 PM
    I find that it's usually the cable for me as the pins are more worn down.

And yes USB type c can be plugged in both ways
    02-26-17 04:38 PM
    I've never had a problem with micro USB and I'm sure they've figured out how to build USB-C phone connectors that work. What people do with them is sometimes a problem though.
    02-26-17 05:05 PM