I haven't used a keyboard in this fashion before and was curious to see if it works like the Classic track pad. My understanding is that the cursor can be moved around using the keyboard and pages can be scrolled through. With the Classic, when an icon was highlighted, you pressed the track pad and the app opened. Is there a function similar to pressing the Classic's track pad to open an app, choosing something, or highlighting (copy/paste)? The less I need to touch the screen, the better (for me).
    03-04-17 11:33 AM
    No the keyboard is for scrolling only. It does not step through highlight icons like the BBOS track pad.
    03-04-17 11:37 AM
    highlighting (copy/paste)?
    On the Priv, it is possible to move the cursor when typing, select text in a textfield (anywhere you can edit text, not in static text like when reading a website , copy/cut and paste, all using the keyboard.
    03-04-17 12:09 PM
    No the keyboard is for scrolling only. It does not step through highlight icons like the BBOS track pad.
    It's actually used for text selection as well.
    03-04-17 12:11 PM
    Some Priv's have an experimental option to enable a mouse pointer that can be moved around anywhere. It could be used to click on an icon using just the keyboard (although it would likely be better to use keyboard shortcuts instead).
    I'm not sure whether this mode will be available on the KEYone.
    03-04-17 12:13 PM
    When typing, double tap on the keyboard and it brings up the cursor that you can move around the text.
    03-04-17 12:13 PM
    When typing, double tap on the keyboard and it brings up the cursor that you can move around the text.
    In older versions of the BlackBerry Keyboard, just hold Shift and start swiping. Not sure why they took it out.
    03-04-17 12:17 PM
    Yeah it doesn't work like the Classic but it's fantastic all the same. I do hope that they'll be able to build in an option cursor mode for selecting items on the screen. Would make it so we basically never have to touch the screen!
    03-04-17 12:22 PM
    I haven't used a keyboard in this fashion before and was curious to see if it works like the Classic track pad. My understanding is that the cursor can be moved around using the keyboard and pages can be scrolled through. With the Classic, when an icon was highlighted, you pressed the track pad and the app opened. Is there a function similar to pressing the Classic's track pad to open an app, choosing something, or highlighting (copy/paste)? The less I need to touch the screen, the better (for me).
    Slagman5 has several threads and responses on these kind of issues - trackpad vs capacitive keyboards. And the fact that he had hands on the KEYone, am sure those are some of the same answers he was looking for.....with answers ofcourse.
    03-04-17 12:37 PM
    Some Priv's have an experimental option to enable a mouse pointer that can be moved around anywhere. It could be used to click on an icon using just the keyboard (although it would likely be better to use keyboard shortcuts instead).
    I'm not sure whether this mode will be available on the KEYone.
    Hello where is setting to enable or how is activated. In settings under language and input have a mouse pointer speed setting. But have never seen a function to enable a mouse pointer that I can click icons?
    03-04-17 01:08 PM
    Hello where is setting to enable or how is activated. In settings under language and input have a mouse pointer speed setting. But have never seen a function to enable a mouse pointer that I can click icons?
    It's an experimental option. It's not enabled on most Privs. If you have it, you need to enable it under developer options.
    03-04-17 01:11 PM
    Does not exist on majority of them. It was one particular build on the Verizon one, which was removed later.
    03-04-17 01:22 PM