I would like to know if we can uninstall all the "core" amps on the K1 .....(google maps, google play, gmail.

Is the DTEK google dependent?

Do we continue to have a BB ID, or we have to use a google account?

I love BB, i love BB10, but i can live with Android, but not with google.

Thanks in advance
    ariandax likes this.
    03-27-17 09:43 AM
    Have a look at this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...count-1102627/

Short answer: Possible but with some drawbacks.
    03-27-17 09:46 AM
    I would like to know if we can uninstall all the "core" amps on the K1 .....(google maps, google play, gmail.

Thanks in advance
    Create new google account and do not use it. Simples.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 09:57 AM
    I don't use it, but if i use the apps (ggole maps for ex), google will use me...
    FF22 likes this.
    03-27-17 10:14 AM
    I disabled almost every Google App. But I kept Google Play Services for Chromecast and Google Play for the apps.

I'm using the firewall in AdGuard to block these apps from accessing the internet. When I want to update or download an app I open Google Play and a Notification offers me to allow internet access for now. Updating, one minute later Google Play is blocked again.

Perfect solution. 😉
    03-27-17 10:14 AM
    But, that's not efficient. If you open the door, google can extract your data...
    03-27-17 10:26 AM
    If you dont want google then dont buy a Android phone. Sure you can hack around and the phone with be "useable" but not by much. Without root capabilities you are asking for more work than its worth.
    03-27-17 10:34 AM
    an essential drawback is the BB secure update...
    03-27-17 10:34 AM
    I've got no choice...BB10 is dying(dead)...just trying to stay in private mode with some features

and learn...
    03-27-17 10:37 AM
    I've got no choice...BB10 is dying(dead)...just trying to stay in private mode with some features

and learn...
    If you wanna stay private use a burner phone or utilize the security through obscurity that BB10 offers.

If you need the smart in the phone that BlackBerry offers jump over to KEYone and tweak access until you're satisfied. You can. Always keep up with what Google knows about your account by visiting google.com/myactivity
    03-27-17 10:41 AM
    If you dont want google then dont buy a Android phone. Sure you can hack around and the phone with be "useable" but not by much. Without root capabilities you are asking for more work than its worth.
    This.

Toy don't have to use Android. If Google is that much of anathema to you, I suggest using another platform.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-27-17 10:43 AM
    Which one? IOS is the same... If BB People wanted Android they had changed a long time ago....(just thinking),

Now is almost an obligation....of course you can leave with classic or passport until ....the end

I've a a nokia 8850.....for "burning".....

Sorry about these questions, i'm just trying to understand how it works.

Does anybody know if there will be a BB id?
    03-27-17 10:58 AM
    What do you mean BBid? There is a BBID for bbm and such yes. You can use the same login you use right now.
    03-27-17 11:07 AM
    sorry about my english...

I mean, if DTEK is a BB product do i need to login in as BB user, or just use the phone, and the dtek is activated?

Do you know if i can delete the google apps? nobody answer that question
    03-27-17 11:16 AM
    Why buy it if you are that afraid of Google?
    03-27-17 11:42 AM
    it's a very good question, that i've already tried to answer to myself.

New toy, nem pkb blackberry... 2 years of passport.......BB10 is dead, whatsapp end....curiosity...
    03-27-17 11:55 AM
    .... Do you know if i can delete the google apps? nobody answer that question
    Google Android depends on a Google account for app and OS updates, but you don't need to use Google's apps.

If you want to use Google Android without using any Google services, you might just as well stick with BB10.
    03-27-17 11:56 AM
    I can sideload apk apps, and they will run better on k1, don't they?
    03-27-17 12:56 PM
    sure you can sideload on the K1 but why add such a headache? You enjoy hunting down random APK files that might be hacked and spending a couple hours a week doing this?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-27-17 01:00 PM
    I think that the android apps will run much faster and smoother in the k1, than in the Passport. And i would love to have access to those apps without loosing privacy...But i'm loosing my faith...
    03-27-17 01:11 PM
    Bottom line (as already noted): if you want to avoid Google, Android is not your best choice.
    03-27-17 01:19 PM
    As Howarmat mentioned, a rooted device would be better able to accomplish what you want to accomplish, but you want the keyboard, so....

Read the XDA tutorials on the subject. You can disable the Google apps and play store, and (at least the last time I used an Android device) you can skip the step where you sign into an account.

You can use trustworthy alternative app stores, like F-Droid and Amazon, but you'll face limited app selection and alternative tracking and privacy issues with Amazon. You also won't be able to use any app that requires Play Services. You can download the apps from the Play Store on another device, back up the APKs, transfer them, and sideload, but you know that already.

In the end, that looks a lot like the situation on BB10 to me, so for the time being, I wouldn't bother. The Passport has a lot of upside when compared to an equally crippled Android device. Taking the Android without Google route might become more attractive later, when developers stop supporting Android 4.3 and the BB10 hardware becomes so outdated it's painful.
    03-27-17 01:39 PM

Thanks in advance
    Apple / iPhone uses the data of how you use the apps just as much.
    Saying that, neither can share, sell or use your personal information without consent from yourself. That would be against the law in most any country.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-27-17 01:58 PM
    Apple / iPhone uses the data of how you use the apps just as much.
    Saying that, neither can share, sell or use your personal information without consent from yourself. That would be against the law in most any country.
    While we're at it, BlackBerry and Microsoft collect data too, but hey...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-27-17 02:36 PM
    Who's Google, !!!!
    03-27-17 03:01 PM
54 123