So, now, i have an old, but active, email account address of [email protected]. I no longer have an Apple device but my email account lives on. Likewise, i have a couple Windows comuters and their corresponding outlook email address to me of [email protected].

As i start planning for converting to the world of a Blackberry KEYone, my new question becomes: how do i sign up for a Blackberry.com (or .net) email account.
    Last edited by Ecm; 05-16-17 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Please do not post personal info {email addresses edited]
    05-16-17 06:48 AM
    I had to make a Gmail for my first android phone like 8 years ago now. I don't remember having the option to use an email of my choice. And if I can switch now that would be ideal as I would like to transfer all my google purchases to a more professional sounding email (my outlook)
    FYI...

You can upgrade your Outlook.com email to the Premium version, and obtain a personalized/custom domain that may be more professional. It becomes a new alias to the existing account. I've done this myself, for one of my accounts.

https://premium.outlook.com/?sl=1#/Offer
    It was available a couple of years ago when BlackBerry was flourishing, but they shut it down amidst their reorganization. Sorry!

Posted via CB10 with my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205.
    05-16-17 06:55 AM
    As already stated, they shut down their mailsystem shortly after BB10 got released. It hasn't been available since, however you can of course use your Outlook.com adress without problems, I don't know if your @Mac.com adress works with IMAP but if it does, you can also use that - maybe it even supports IMAP push services. Every now and then there was slight interest around here for BlackBerry to create a secure mail and cloud plattform, even with subscription service, but obviously BBRY has no interest in such a project.
    05-16-17 07:08 AM
    Why do you need one? Just use Gmail.
    05-16-17 07:14 AM
    Yes, you need to get a Gmail email address.
    05-16-17 07:17 AM
    Yes, you need to get a Gmail email address.
    Outlooks is my go to choice. I have never been a Gmail fan. I only use it because google forces me to. Otherwise Gmail, and Outlook are the top choices. Getting a BlackBerry one would have been neat.
    05-16-17 07:44 AM
    I only use it because google forces me to.
    I don't think Google forces you to use Gmail.
    Last I checked, you could make a Google account using any email address.
    iamci likes this.
    05-16-17 08:06 AM
    I don't think Google forces you to use Gmail.
    Last I checked, you could make a Google account using any email address.
    I had to make a Gmail for my first android phone like 8 years ago now. I don't remember having the option to use an email of my choice. And if I can switch now that would be ideal as I would like to transfer all my google purchases to a more professional sounding email (my outlook)
    05-16-17 08:09 AM
    Just more professional if you have blackberry email better for business.
    05-16-17 08:10 AM
    May I ask how? What's not professional about Gmail? After all this is a personal email address anyways I'm assuming.
    05-16-17 08:19 AM
    FYI...

You can upgrade your Outlook.com email to the Premium version, and obtain a personalized/custom domain that may be more professional. It becomes a new alias to the existing account. I've done this myself, for one of my accounts.

https://premium.outlook.com/?sl=1#/Offer
    05-16-17 09:38 AM
    It's as professional as an ISP email.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    05-16-17 09:42 AM
    If you're using Office Outlook on your PC, you can use Outlook.com to sync contacts and calendar between your PC and your phone.
    05-16-17 09:49 AM
    Yes, Android phones did force you to have a Gmail account years ago. Setting up my son's Galaxy S2 forced it as part of the initial setup. No way around it. Tried using a regular Google account we had with an ISP email attached and it simply refused to accept it.

That has since changed. You still have to sign in with a Google account, but it no longer matters how that account is set up.

Joel
    05-16-17 10:06 AM
    What about those nifty @CrackBerry.com email addresses? I used to have one. Not sure if they are still offered though.
    05-16-17 02:14 PM
    And have Google incessantly data mining my info and selling it? No thanks.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-16-17 02:28 PM
    And have Google incessantly data mining my info and selling it? No thanks.
    You're using a smartphone... Everyone is. Your info is already out there one way or another.
    05-16-17 02:30 PM
    You're using a smartphone... Everyone is. Your info is already out there one way or another.
    Yes of course, but I'm not going to simply hand it over to Google on a silver platter. At least make it difficult.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-16-17 02:34 PM
    That Crackberry domain would be a nice alternative. It just seems like the BB rep for security could be augmented even further by offering a subscription to a super-secure email service integrated with Hub.
    Last edited by michaeljohara; 05-16-17 at 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling, add Hub
    05-16-17 02:37 PM
    Ecm, Do you think Outlook would allow @bb.com or @blackberry.id or variations?
    05-16-17 02:43 PM
    I've had BlackBerry since 2001 and I have an old email address from T-Mobile [name]@tmo.blackbery.net. It actually still forwards to an active address, but I always hated having to spell that all out for someone who wanted my email.
    05-16-17 02:43 PM
    You can get one for sure. Go to their career page. Get a job with them and you will get a @blackberry.com email address just like that.
    Mirko935 and Carl Estes like this.
    05-16-17 02:47 PM
    What about those nifty @CrackBerry.com email addresses? I used to have one. Not sure if they are still offered though.
    Those were discontinued. Sorry.
    05-16-17 02:48 PM
    Ecm, Do you think Outlook would allow @bb.com or @blackberry.id or variations?
    If the domain is available, probably. And that's a big "if". Most of those were grabbed up back in the day.
    05-16-17 02:50 PM
    What do we know about pros & cons of this:
    https://www.lifewire.com/blackberry-...service-577565
    Also, are there any ISPs that offer a BES service? Is that even feasible?
    05-16-17 02:55 PM
37 12