With all these tech sites (and ppl) hinting, dropping photos, carriers and online store inventory screencaps - seemingly being leaked every day. I feel this huge BB announcement that's supposed to come, won't be so huge. As we have so much leaked stuff this week already lol. I refused to admit it...but it truly does seem BB and now TCL, just have no marketing sense. They really know how to kill the hype train though. Either way...The KeyOne is near!! And in that, we can all be happy.
    04-26-17 01:20 PM
    I think they will generate some excitement tomorrow to help boost the lack-luster marketing they have done thus-far. Im looking for lots of reviews and release info tomorrow.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-26-17 01:28 PM
    I think they will generate some excitement tomorrow to help boost the lack-luster marketing they have done thus-far. Im looking for lots of reviews and release info tomorrow.
    They might offer free beer to all those in the what beer will you be drinking thread, ;-)
    Bennett Ragan likes this.
    04-26-17 02:44 PM
    They might offer free beer to all those in the what beer will you be drinking thread, ;-)
    Oh man I hope and since I finish my finals tomorrow I will be celebrating regardless
    04-26-17 02:48 PM
    I think it's unrealistic to compare the launch of a niche phone like the KEYone that has a relatively small consumer market with behemoths like the iPhone and Samsung flagship devices, which have markets that are orders of magnitude larger.

Marketing communications, such as advertising, can stimulate interest and existing demand. But it can't create demand that doesn't already exist.

Please consider the possibility that the TCL folks know very well what they are doing and will scale their efforts to match the anticipated market performance of the KEYone.

It took years for BlackBerry to surrender it's market leadership in devices. TCL will need a string of small to medium successes to regain relevance for the BlackBerry brand. They are not new to the mobile space, so we might want to assume that they understand that.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 04-26-17 at 03:18 PM.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    04-26-17 03:05 PM
    I think it's unrealistic to compare the launch of a niche phone like the KEYone that has a relatively small consumer market with behemoths like the iPhone and Samsung flagship devices, which have markets that are orders of magnitude larger.

Marketing communications, such as advertising, can stimulate interest and existing demand. But it can't create demand that doesn't already exist.

Please consider the possibility that the TCL folks know very well what they are doing and will scale their efforts to match the anticipated market performance of the KEYone.

It took years for BlackBerry to surrender it's market leadership in devices. TCL will need a string of small to medium successes to regain relevance for the BlackBerry brand. They are not new to the mobile space, Sonim sure they realize that.

While I agree with you whole heartedly on the fact the BB, TCL and the KeyOne for that matter, are nowhere near the eschelon to demand a high profile advertising budget. Social media, for the most part...Is pretty much free.

No reason why they keep dropping the ball with prolonged periods of silence. There's a reason we all crack jokes about release timelines and never giving straight answers.

No, I don't think they need full spreads in magazines, a bill board or 30 sec spot to air alongside highly televised events or shows. But the fact this "big announcement", has pretty much been revealed bit by bit many places on social media and the web, except from the actual creator or manufacturer themselves...is interesting to me. Which speaks volumes as to the reason BB finds itself at the bottom of the food chain. They are still two steps behind in a lot of respects with some things.

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally excited the release seems to be near and always will be a huge BB fan. But they need to evolve a bit with how they do business. They've already learned, if you don't evolve you can disappear from ppls minds. So, I hope soon they can connect on the level most ppl see from other manufacturers at some point. No reason they can't utilize the means of social media to keep ppl informed and excited.
    04-26-17 03:26 PM
    While I agree with you whole heartedly on the fact the BB, TCL and the KeyOne for that matter, are nowhere near the eschelon to demand a high profile advertising budget. Social media, for the most part...Is pretty much free.

No reason why they keep dropping the ball with prolonged periods of silence. There's a reason we all crack jokes about release timelines and never giving straight answers.

No, I don't think they need full spreads in magazines, a bill board or 30 sec spot to air alongside highly televised events or shows. But the fact this "big announcement", has pretty much been revealed bit by bit many places on social media and the web, except from the actual creator or manufacturer themselves...is interesting to me. Which speaks volumes as to the reason BB finds itself at the bottom of the food chain. They are still two steps behind in a lot of respects with some things.

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally excited the release seems to be near and always will be a huge BB fan. But they need to evolve a bit with how they do business. They've already learned, if you don't evolve you can disappear from ppls minds. So, I hope soon they can connect on the level most ppl see from other manufacturers at some point. No reason they can't utilize the means of social media to keep ppl informed and excited.
    Maybe that's the case. On the other hand, I could argue that it's a mistake to keep priming the pump and confusing the market by talking up a phone that may still be several weeks away from a global release, especially if the exact date of that release may not be known, either due to required stock levels, as has been stated, or because the timing is dependent on other partners, such as carriers or retailers.

What I can guarantee you is that TCL has more invested in a successful KEYone release than any of us.

04-26-17 03:46 PM
    Maybe that's the case. On the other hand, I could argue that it's a mistake to keep priming the pump and confusing the market by talking up a phone that may still be several weeks away from a global release, especially if the exact date of that release may not be known, either due to required stock levels, as has been stated, or because the timing is dependent on other partners, such as carriers or retailers.

What I can guarantee you is that TCL has more invested in a successful KEYone release than any of us.

No im with you brother. Clearly they have a bigger stake for success than any one of our needs or wants. I just figured it would be a little more cohesive or targeted this time round. We shall see though (:
    04-26-17 05:19 PM
    I'm amazed the phone is actually on sale tomorrow and not a peep from either about it. You've had to coax it out of Selfridges ffs
    Bennett Ragan likes this.
    04-26-17 05:29 PM

It took years for BlackBerry to surrender it's market leadership in devices. TCL will need a string of small to medium successes to regain relevance for the BlackBerry brand. They are not new to the mobile space, so we might want to assume that they understand that.

The rare voice of Reason!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 05:46 PM