And that is a damn shame for a company offering a security-focused smartphone. After all, there is a contact us form there which requires your email address..

The only positive side: I guess it isn't as bad as original BlackBerry asking for your IMEI if you want to file for support...
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    08-22-17 02:33 AM
    Sadly most security breaches come from hacked servers and not mobile devices. But BlackBerry isn't in that type of security business, and clearly TCL isn't concerned that much about user security.
    08-22-17 09:27 AM
    nobody in Blackberry software team knows how to use https
    08-22-17 09:28 AM
    The website puts a bad face on BlackBerry Mobile in general, and just needs to be started again from scratch. A pity, because their social media operations are fairly decent.
    08-22-17 01:00 PM
    I'm trying really hard to understand why a presentation page for a phone should be on SSL.
    Can you purchase directly from the site? Are you not redirected to another website where you can purchase the phone?
    What possible relevant information could a hacker have from a HTML page that redirects purchase traffic to various sites depending on your location?
    There are numerous elements on SSL if you view the page source.........
    I don't see anything wrong here, if you would have purchased from the website directly, that would have been a huge problem, but you are not so no problems here.
    08-22-17 01:51 PM
    and 95% of people wouldn't even notice
    08-22-17 01:59 PM
    I think the point of the original poster was that https is becoming the standard for web sites and that Blackberry Mobile should have it in place by default considering their reputation. Any kind of submission form, even if just for email addresses, should be encrypted.
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    08-22-17 01:59 PM
    I'm trying really hard to understand why a presentation page for a phone should be on SSL.
    Can you purchase directly from the site? Are you not redirected to another website where you can purchase the phone?
    What possible relevant information could a hacker have from a HTML page that redirects purchase traffic to various sites depending on your location?
    There are numerous elements on SSL if you view the page source.........
    I don't see anything wrong here, if you would have purchased from the website directly, that would have been a huge problem, but you are not so no problems here.
    That's why I mentioned their contact form, which by default is not on HTTPS. Yes, they only ask your email address, but I try to keep the exposure of my email address under my control.

But really, there is also the argument of HTTPS becoming the standard for websites, especially professional ones. Although I will admit that is open to debate.
    08-22-17 02:24 PM