I've used all the note line up starting from note1 now the biggest question what lies here is should I Pick the Mercury or wait for Note 8.

I sold my note 5 to pick note 7 and as you all know note 7 dint even arrive to India Markets due to some reasons haha!! So I picked BlackBerry Passport and thought to use till note 8 comes.

Now I am addicted to PKB and it's gestures in past few months.

I can't decide what to do. Please help me and no hypothetical comments.

BlackBerry Passport SE
    02-02-17 05:39 PM
    How can I decide for you which form factor you prefer? Do you want a pkb, or not?
    02-02-17 05:47 PM
    Please help me and no hypothetical comments.
    With a disclaimer like that, you should probably just make up your own mind based on your needs.
    PALoeza and asublimeday like this.
    02-02-17 05:49 PM
    Mercury is aimed for mid range phone with snapdragon 625 and Note 8 will be flagship phone. Also, Note 8 probably will be available late fall 2017. You're probably referring to Samsung Galaxy 8? I don't know if you tried Blackberry Priv (Another Blackdroid with PKB) but if you compared to passport, you'll be disappointed.
    02-02-17 05:51 PM
    Exact same boat here. Typing this from my Note 5 and am trying to decide between the Note 8 or Mercury. Right now, the Mercury is winning since I really like the physical keyboards. I type a lot of emails and text messages....and am very anal about spelling errors and punctuation, so a PKB would really be nice. I've had a Classic, PP SE, and other BB10 devices but I hated running 3rd party apps. I had the Priv right after launch and ended up giving up on it way too soon.

On the other hand, I also have a few Samsung watches and they absolutely rock with Samsung phones. They can also connect to other Android phones, but you don't get all the features like when hooked up to my Note 5.

I basically run my business from my mobile phones, so the Note line has served me well since the Note 2. The S-pen, Samsung calendar, S-note, etc... are all must haves for me at this point.

I have my 3T and Note 5 for sale and will probably use whatever comes in trade or one of my older backup devices for now until the Mercury comes out.....then I'll rack my brain all over again once the Note 8 launches.....man I have issues....
    Last edited by Lefty724; 02-02-17 at 07:13 PM.
    02-02-17 06:01 PM
    I like physical keyboards. I would choose the Mercury.
    02-02-17 06:09 PM
    As an all-around phone, you just can't go wrong with a samsung note 8 or whatever it will be called. You just can't. But for more specialized business use, especially the pkb, the mercury may be better.

I say.... Wait until fall. Keep using the passport. By then, there will be plenty of people here who can tell you the pros and cons of the mercury, and you can decide then which phone you want.

Or, get the samsung and buy a bluetooth keyboard. And a large backpack.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    02-02-17 06:33 PM
    I guess pointing out the spelling error in Lefty724's post ("analysis" should read "anal") would be cruel, right?
    02-02-17 06:49 PM
    I guess pointing out the spelling error in Lefty724's post ("analysis" should read "anal") would be cruel, right?
    Oh man, I knew someone would catch something.

Fixed....damn Samsung auto correct!

Now I really want a PKB lol!
    02-02-17 07:14 PM
    Will the 8 blow up faster than the 7 or at the same speed?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-02-17 07:34 PM
    I've used all the note line up starting from note1 now the biggest question what lies here is should I Pick the Mercury or wait for Note 8.

I sold my note 5 to pick note 7 and as you all know note 7 dint even arrive to India Markets due to some reasons haha!! So I picked BlackBerry Passport and thought to use till note 8 comes.

BlackBerry Passport SE
    Get an iPhone man, iPhones are the best, they are so cool.
    02-02-17 07:40 PM
    They're completely different phones. One has a 4.5-4.7" screen and a keyboard, one is all-touch with a nearly 6 inch screen. About as opposite as it gets within the current Android universe.
    02-03-17 12:20 AM
    For me, this is an easy decision to make because the Mercury is quite different from the Note.. PKB vs virtual KB.. large screen size vs mid sized screen.. BB's Android apps/UI vs Touch Wiz.. etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 05:17 PM
    Do you want to take a cruise to the Caribbean or a train across the US? bout the same comparison really.
    02-03-17 05:23 PM
    Take the train to the cruise.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    02-03-17 06:51 PM
    With a disclaimer like that, you should probably just make up your own mind based on your needs.
    Here is what I've decided, Using a BlackBerry device is 1. Fancy
    2. I can stay for long term
    3. I simply love the BlackBerry Guestures,especially the PKB word substitution just swipe and it appears.
    4. BlackBerry Brand name itself
    5. Stereo speakers
    6. Solid Build Quality

I May pick a Mercury simply with not others choices left.
    I click a lot of pictures and find the read use of Spen, Snote and Screen off quick note
    So I may have to sacrifice these few options to get the above 6.

BlackBerry Passport SE
    02-04-17 04:33 PM
    How can I decide for you which form factor you prefer? Do you want a pkb, or not?
    I am just waiting for the D day to arrive MWC where I could see the spec sheet and finalise my decision.

BlackBerry Passport SE
    02-04-17 04:34 PM
    I am just waiting for the D day to arrive MWC where I could see the spec sheet and finalise my decision.

BlackBerry Passport SE
    Hmm. If you'd be basing your decision on specs, you know you can make that decision now. I mean, Mercury vs Note 8 in terms of specs? Come on.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 05:09 PM

BlackBerry Passport SE
    Nobody cares.. so make up your own mind.

Good luck.
    02-05-17 08:14 PM
    I was close to going i7 till I saw the Mercury with a hands on review and I'm definitely going to hold off now. My Z30 has been acting a bit odd lately , hope it can hang on a bit longer
    02-05-17 10:30 PM