Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know:

1. How come the new accessories don't have the magnet to put the phone to sleep anymore? Was that for bb10 only?

2. When transferring data over from my passport, blackberry content transfer would only import maximum of 3500 txt (sms) messages.
    I have like 10,000 how do I get the rest across? ( need them for my business)
    Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks for reading.
    P.s If you have not got the keyOne yet...go get it! Superior phone and quality is like the good old legacy days!
    05-18-17 01:53 PM
    1) I don't know for the KEYone, but I know that the original templates for the DTEKx0 didn't have it, so neither did they. Maybe TCL doesn't believe in magnets. At least the Priv had it.
    2) It's not guaranteed to work (especially with 10,000 messages), but export them to CSV on your Passport and re-import on the KEYone. If it fails you still have the texts as human-readable CSV files (i.e. Excel) instead of some obfuscated backup file.
    05-18-17 03:02 PM
    For text messages I had that same issue when switching over from the Passport to the Priv. What I did was the following, I downloaded an sms backup app. First I verified that I was able to download the same app from the play store, once I verified I could do that, I backed up all my messages and then was able to get them back using that app. I don't remember what the process was but I think it stores the backup file to your email or something and then your able to put it into your new device.
    05-18-17 09:40 PM
    For text messages I had that same issue when switching over from the Passport to the Priv. What I did was the following, I downloaded an sms backup app. First I verified that I was able to download the same app from the play store, once I verified I could do that, I backed up all my messages and then was able to get them back using that app. I don't remember what the process was but I think it stores the backup file to your email or something and then your able to put it into your new device.
    Awesome!
    Can you remember what app you used as that would save so much time! Thanks for the help!
    05-19-17 01:11 PM
    1) I don't know for the KEYone, but I know that the original templates for the DTEKx0 didn't have it, so neither did they. Maybe TCL doesn't believe in magnets. At least the Priv had it.
    2) It's not guaranteed to work (especially with 10,000 messages), but export them to CSV on your Passport and re-import on the KEYone. If it fails you still have the texts as human-readable CSV files (i.e. Excel) instead of some obfuscated backup file.
    Thanks will give that a go.
    Hmm that sucks! The PRIV does and this doesn't
    05-19-17 01:12 PM
    Awesome!
    Can you remember what app you used as that would save so much time! Thanks for the help!
    Yes, it's called just that: SMS back up and restore.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-19-17 06:14 PM
    I second this app.
    05-19-17 10:15 PM
    It may not have magnets but it's able to recognize cases somehow such as the upcoming Leather Pocket and Flip cases, when used the KEYone changes the display to show in the case viewing window.
    05-19-17 10:25 PM
    It may not have magnets but it's able to recognize cases somehow such as the upcoming Leather Pocket and Flip cases, when used the KEYone changes the display to show in the case viewing window.
    Yes I saw this too. That's why I was wondering. But thank you to everyone for the answers
    If I load the back up on my keyone, will it delete the newest messages? Had it for over 2 weeks now
    05-20-17 04:30 PM
    Could be NFC pad into the case.
    05-20-17 04:32 PM
    I can't find sms back up and restore on my passport blackberry store?
    05-20-17 04:49 PM
    Probably going to need to get it from playstore. Might be available on amazon as well. I have super backup and restore that saves a backup to the sd card. Another option would be to use your carriers cloud backup service
    05-20-17 05:58 PM
    Hmmmm. I lost all my texts when I went from Z30 to Dtek50 :-(
    05-20-17 08:37 PM
    Probably going to need to get it from playstore. Might be available on amazon as well. I have super backup and restore that saves a backup to the sd card. Another option would be to use your carriers cloud backup service
    I found the app in play store for the passport, downloaded it too. However when I press back up it just quickly says 0 messages backed up. Not sure why it says this?
    05-22-17 05:34 AM
    I downloaded it first from the BlackBerry store and then downloaded the app on the play store. I didn't want to download it from Amazon because I wasn't sure if it would backup my SMS correctly. I do have to say that I believe I paid for the app at the BlackBerry store. I got it free on the play store.
    05-22-17 09:54 AM
    Thanks. It works on my Dtek50!!
    05-22-17 10:55 AM
    I downloaded it first from the BlackBerry store and then downloaded the app on the play store. I didn't want to download it from Amazon because I wasn't sure if it would backup my SMS correctly. I do have to say that I believe I paid for the app at the BlackBerry store. I got it free on the play store.
    Hmm there are quite paid for apps but I can't find the right one, does it have to be by the same developer or can it be any?
    Thanks
    05-22-17 12:52 PM
    Hmm there are quite paid for apps but I can't find the right one, does it have to be by the same developer or can it be any?
    Thanks
    The one I downloaded was from the developer Carbonite. That was only because that's the one I was also able to find on the play store. There are a couple of SMS backup and restore apps, but search for that developer and you should find it both on the BlackBerry store and on the play store. The only thing is that on the BlackBerry store you have to pay either. 99 or 1.99. I can't remember how much I paid but it did work for me.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-22-17 01:28 PM