Wow... just wow - great news!!

Watch out, Samsung: Best Galaxy S8 alternatives | Fox News

Also, identifies release date as "April" with price of $549
    BigBadWulf and anon(3641385) like this.
    03-29-17 08:19 AM
    Not a lot of content. BlackBerry is not owned by TCL, nor does the 4,5" screen make the phone any smaller than a slab. Plus they missed out on the most important differentiator: it is the only phone on that list that will get long-term security patches.

Nice to see the mainstream media recognition, but it's the same narrative about BlackBerry we've heard for five years now.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-29-17 08:24 AM
    : it is the only phone on that list that will get long-term security patches.

Nice to see the mainstream media recognition, .
    This was kinda my point - when was the last time we saw anything even remotely close to this type of positive coverage?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-29-17 08:33 AM
    Ok that article is horrible but still nice to see some coverage for Blackberry!
    03-29-17 08:36 AM
    Ok, I am not a journalist just love seeing BB back in the news and not for all the negativity.

Have you guys watched the video portion, the device itself looks amazing and even more important he discusses how it will be sold (unlocked) and only hints at GSM.....
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-29-17 08:39 AM
    Samsung also plans to have monthly security patch but not sure if they can because they got too many models lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 11:16 AM
    The guy in the video mentioned "early" April. Hopefully that was accurate.
    03-29-17 11:18 AM
    I thought apps could be launched with a short press too.
    03-29-17 11:23 AM
    That's decent news I guess given that the s8 will probably be one of if not the most innovative phone of the year. I thi j the s8/s8+ and the key one will take the innovation awards this year.
    03-29-17 11:27 AM
    Samsung also plans to have monthly security patch but not sure if they can because they got too many models lol.

Posted via CB10
    Should Samsung really plan to have monthly security update, it would be just for Galaxy S - line. So there would be just 6 or 7 devices (S6 lines still included).
    03-29-17 12:37 PM
    Should Samsung really plan to have monthly security update, it would be just for Galaxy S - line. So there would be just 6 or 7 devices (S6 lines still included).
    I guess good competition is good for consumers. Monthly security update should be a standard!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 12:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'll believe it when I see it. I mean, Samsung has been playing the Android game for almost a decade now with very very little to show for it in terms of reliable updates.

For instance, Galaxy Nexus was a disaster and the only Nexus phone in history to not receive a new Android version just months after Google stopped selling it in the Play Store. I bought it new directly from Google in Nov 2012 and it was dropped from support in June 2013.

Samsung couldn't even get Nexus right. Their track record since then for updating has been consistently terrible, except for maybe the Note 4.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    03-29-17 02:10 PM
    Not a lot of content. BlackBerry is not owned by TCL, nor does the 4,5" screen make the phone any smaller than a slab. Plus they missed out on the most important differentiator: it is the only phone on that list that will get long-term security patches.

Nice to see the mainstream media recognition, but it's the same narrative about BlackBerry we've heard for five years now.
    The average consumer reading that article probably doesn't care about monthly security patches. We do, of course, because we are all some of the few that pay closer attention to our gadgets. It's a bonus for sure, but I don't think it needed to be highlighted in the article. The recognition itself is great, and obviously the keyboard is the main selling feature of the KEYone. Glad to see it getting some attention!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-29-17 02:29 PM
    I'll believe it when I see it. I mean, Samsung has been playing the Android game for almost a decade now with very very little to show for it in terms of reliable updates.

For instance, Galaxy Nexus was a disaster and the only Nexus phone in history to not receive a new Android version just months after Google stopped selling it in the Play Store. I bought it new directly from Google in Nov 2012 and it was dropped from support in June 2013.

Samsung couldn't even get Nexus right. Their track record since then for updating has been consistently terrible, except for maybe the Note 4.
    Samsung got a lot better than before. They are actually giving you OS updates now lol. Samsung galaxy s6 received lollipop, marshmallow, and nougat so far so I highly doubt it will receive android O. If samsung wants to compete with blackberry, they need to step up their game.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 02:42 PM
    That's decent news I guess given that the s8 will probably be one of if not the most innovative phone of the year. I thi j the s8/s8+ and the key one will take the innovation awards this year.
    Of all the leaks I've seen of the s8 what innovation that hasn't already been done. Keeping the headphone jack? Maybe the iris scanning?

I'm not sure how much bigger the s8 / s8+ will be but there's a lot to like about its rivals like the G6.
    The LG G6 has also made their bezels smaller, made the screen taller (unqiue aspect ratio) and more usable one handed (as one could get with a 5.7inch display)

Both are water resistant, have decent camera setup. I like the wide angle of the LG and just like the S8 retains the headphone jack.

Ultimately, I think the KEYone is even more unique. It's not a high end device like the two mentioned but it's formfactor, potential battery life and security should be top notch.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 03:05 PM
    Of all the leaks I've seen of the s8 what innovation that hasn't already been done. Keeping the headphone jack? Maybe the iris scanning?

I'm not sure how much bigger the s8 / s8+ will be but there's a lot to like about its rivals like the G6.
    The LG G6 has also made their bezels smaller, made the screen taller (unqiue aspect ratio) and more usable one handed (as one could get with a 5.7inch display)

Both are water resistant, have decent camera setup. I like the wide angle of the LG and just like the S8 retains the headphone jack.

Ultimately, I think the KEYone is even more unique. It's not a high end device like the two mentioned but it's formfactor, potential battery life and security should be top notch.

Posted via CB10
    The g6 is nice and would be my 3rd choice after those 2 devices. The s8/s8+ do look a lot sleeker then the g6 though an have almost no bezel at all, I believe it's 83% screen Compared to 71% on the g6.

Other things would be: Desktop experience, iris scanner, face recognition, Bixby and bixby vision. Currently have the most powerful chipset/hardware on the market.

Given some of these arent new to the world they're implementation in these devices is quite top notch.

I agree the keyone is unique and will also be one of the most innovative phones this year.
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 03-29-17 at 04:22 PM.
    03-29-17 03:34 PM
    Lmao at the s8 being innovative

As for size, it'll be thinner in width than the s7 but taller - sorta weird if you ask me. I think same height as the v20

The G6 is great though - 5.7 in that form factor? Real naice

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    03-29-17 03:36 PM
    The average consumer reading that article probably doesn't care about monthly security patches. We do, of course, because we are all some of the few that pay closer attention to our gadgets. It's a bonus for sure, but I don't think it needed to be highlighted in the article. The recognition itself is great, and obviously the keyboard is the main selling feature of the KEYone. Glad to see it getting some attention!
    This really shows just how out of touch the Priv was. An expensive slider with a loco name when the public was waiting for a true PKB Android BlackBerry.
    03-29-17 03:37 PM
    The g6 is nice and would be my 3rd choice after those to devices. The s8/s8+ do look a lot sleeker then the g6 though an have almost no bezel at all, I believe it's 83% screen Compared to 71% on the g6.

Other things would be: Desktop experience, iris scanner, face recognition, Bixby and bixby vision. Given some of these are new to the world they're implementation in these devices is quite top notch.

I agree the keyone is unique and will also be one of the most innovative phones this year.
    Samsung S8 looks very good IMO. I will get both keyone and S8 ugh

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-29-17 03:40 PM
    Ok as much of a BB fan I am. I admitted to myself that BB has turned it in few years back. I do not think this Keyone is an alternative. BestBuy already offering a $100 credit, and Target $200. That will bring the price to 550-650 retail during the promo runs..I am now very skeptical now on the K1 pricing. Chances are many will not admin here, but including myself will put money in for a carrier lease S8. Can't deny its a sleek phone.

And still no release date? They would have had my money before the S8 announcement for sure. Disclosure before trolling starts...Im speaking about a work line for which I have a choice of a device. Its upgrade time for me annually on March/April which the keyone would have been a cool pick up.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-29-17 04:00 PM
    Well if you can buy S8, go for it. You can still support blackberry by subscription to bb suite. That would work great with S8.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-29-17 04:07 PM
    This was kinda my point - when was the last time we saw anything even remotely close to this type of positive coverage?
    Hmmmmmmmmm....... Don't remember when we saw +ve coverage
    03-29-17 06:20 PM
    The link to tom's guide "review" or "hands-on" on the KEYone is pretty good as well on the phone

For the BlackBerry KEYone, the Keyboard's the Star
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-29-17 07:37 PM
    Just pre ordered the s8+

Waiting for keyone now
    krazyatom likes this.
    03-29-17 08:03 PM
    Just pre ordered the s8+

Waiting for keyone now
    I will get both as well. Keyone will be my weekend driver!
    03-29-17 10:05 PM
53 123