Passport was somewhat the exception. While it's specs aren't current, we have to keep in mind that the device is now two years old. When it was released, it was pretty close to flagship specs (perhaps the camera software was the biggest letdown, although it could still take some pretty great photos, just not super-fast autofocus which is really what most people want).
    However, as someone with the Passport and the Classic, in actual use, the Classic battery seems to last just as long as the Passport, if not longer. The screen and the processor on the Passport balances out the fact that it has a massive battery. I drive the Classic because I can carry it around easier and the battery seems to last longer for actual screen on time (brightness setting minimal on both). My preference is efficient. I would rather a less blindingly bright and vivid screen in favor of longer battery life. The same way I would always prefer by device to be a bit more bulky instead of sacrificing battery size for razor thin. Not everyone thinks this way but I do believe that BlackBerry knows who their PKB audience is and they have consistently been offering the best they can for us. They can't really control what the market wants.
    The fact is, the masses want the best phone they can have for $0. Samsung and Apple can do this by selling off their older models to make way for their new flagships. The masses don't actually do their research for what device truly matches their needs. Their thinking goes as far as "I want the latest iPhone or Samsung" or else "I'll see what's the best deal I can get." BlackBerry is a niche product and they've restructured with this awareness. I, personally, would be very surprised if BlackBerry is ever out of the handset business completely. Even if they only made one device ever 2 years, there would still be a market for it. However small it is. The downside is that they will probably always be a bit "over-priced" by common perception.
    Couldn't agree more,

Blackberry actually is a refined product not dumping on the consumer things they do not need and things they will not use,

So if you do the pkb please note it's for the specific consumer and not for everyone.

So if the guys have reservations about it don't buy it, simple.

Blackberry have made the dtek 50 and 60 and the priv now to keep you happy,

If there's nothing there please find what you looking for in samsung as blackberry is for the business professional.
    11-03-16 02:03 PM
    There will likely never be enough market share to justify adding physical keyboard shortcut support to Android apps.

The only developers who would ever consider doing that would be physical keyboard fans themselves.
    Sure, whatever the case is, I did say "who knows" right? Either way my point stands, whether it's no app developers, 1, or 100, my point still stands. Anything, if anything at all is added is a bonus. There's no downside.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-03-16 02:19 PM
    BlackBerry shouldn't be bothering with the Mercury device. It won't sell and will just make the Android flop experiment even worse.
    BlackBerry is finished making phones, but they are still hoping to license their software, keyboard and name to someone who is interested. With this approach there would be profit from the licensing agreement and no risk on the hardware for BlackBerry.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-03-16 04:09 PM
    Blackberry said there would be 3 phones released. We have two of them, and the Mercury will soon follow. Still see all of my RCMP neighbours with their PKB Classics for work, and iphones for personal use. Lots of business types still want the PKB.
    11-05-16 05:17 PM
    BlackBerry shouldn't be bothering with the Mercury device. It won't sell and will just make the Android flop experiment even worse.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    Not sure how you can call it a flop when DTEK60 has been out but a couple of weeks and Mercury (future DTEK70?) not out until possibly Q1 2017. But there are plenty, like me, who are looking to upgrade their Classic/Q10 to this next, and maybe last, physical keyboard device.

Posted with my  Classic
    kitmo likes this.
    11-05-16 08:36 PM
    This phone can't come out soon enough. I'm holding back from the DTEK60 and Priv for this

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 09:11 PM
    This phone can't come out soon enough. I'm holding back from the DTEK60 and Priv for this

Posted via CB10
    you are definitely not the only one.....
    11-08-16 01:06 AM
    Well I have the priv but I will buy a solid built pkb on release date.
    11-08-16 01:17 AM
    Every time they announce something they change everything. One day is out the next day we will never see it. The specs are not and the best for a phone. Plus if they price it as it is said they will price than it is not worth it (I mean almost 600 because it has pkb come on dude). Also every week it seems impossible to be release soon enough to cover the empty space that will appear once whatsup stops the support. I mean I could deal with it for a month if it was gonna be released in January but now I feel like it's gonna be released end of February close to March and I can't. I won't wait forever for a mediocre pkb phone from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    kinda feel the same disheartened!!!!For me the keyboard device is the tried and true but im serioiusly considering the Google Pixel xl if the specs are placed higher than the typical run of the mill specs weve seen in all of the bb devices so far.
    11-11-16 11:52 AM
    Yep, they are just all over the place. They should pick one narrative and stick with it... Then again, they did that with the Playbook and BB10 releasing on it... Nevermind...

Agreed!!! Ive now switched from the PRIV to a GOOGLE PIXEL 128mb. If and when the Mercury comes out I May switch back but hopes not too high.
    11-18-16 02:08 PM
    Agreed!!! Ive now switched from the PRIV to a GOOGLE PIXEL 128mb. If and when the Mercury comes out I May switch back but hopes not too high.
    Should have went with another Android that at least has a sd card slot, but that's just my opinion...

11-18-16 03:22 PM
86 ... 234