Was reluctant to switch to Android but didn't have much choice. My beautiful Passport is about to die.

Most interesting thing....i was between 125 to 129th customer to pre-order. Kinda disappointing. Was with one of the big carriers.
    05-18-17 03:49 PM
    Where did you order?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 03:50 PM
    My wife would bought me one for my birthday, but it seems I have to buy it myself But still in some doubt . But I'm sure I will get one
    05-18-17 03:53 PM
    Got a confirmation today from my carrier that I'm about 125 of 292 in cue. Not looking promising for pre-sales.
    05-20-17 10:40 AM
    Got a confirmation today from my carrier that I'm about 125 of 292 in cue. Not looking promising for pre-sales.
    I think your number may be by store.
    05-20-17 11:01 AM
    Probably this
    Empyrean likes this.
    05-20-17 11:02 AM
    Yep -- it's unlikely that I was number 7 in all Canada when ordering at 8am Pacific on the 18th... probably by store/region.
    05-20-17 11:04 AM
    I am waiting til the 31st, dont want a locked phone to robbers. Have enough billing issues with them already

Black Passport and Blue Classic
    05-20-17 11:07 AM
    Was reluctant to switch to Android but didn't have much choice. My beautiful Passport is about to die.

Most interesting thing....i was between 125 to 129th customer to pre-order. Kinda disappointing. Was with one of the big carriers.
    Good decision, I have the Passport SE but the the Keyone is a better overall package.
    05-20-17 11:18 AM
    Well a few months ago I picked up a DTEK50 for $300 at staples as I needed a cheaper replacement - I have really come to like the phone for its size and I like the stereo speakers - seems like a rare species. It def could be faster but serves its purpose.

When Rogers launched the pr-orders I reserved a Keyone then cancelled...was really back and forth on it - mainly for the size difference.

Well...I ended up ordering one direct from Rogers online. I checked with the online chat yesterday and they said it will ship inn 3-5 days. I checked back today out of interest - today the agent said not till May 31 upon launch - so perhaps it is 3-5 days after launch vs being inline for in-store pickup. That is just more time for me to change my mind. lol

I plan on using both phones depending on what I am doing - dtek50 for out and about and the keyone for work and work travel so I am not on the wall charging all the time.

Peace!
    PDAJAH likes this.
    05-20-17 11:43 AM
    Take it from me, I switched from Passport to KEYone two weeks ago. You won't regret it. It is orders of magnitude faster,has more features, better camera, full keyboard (with symbols), sharper screen, all good things. I kind of miss the square screen of the passport but that's about it.
    05-20-17 01:01 PM
    Good decision. You will love android once you are used to it. The customization with Android is virtually endless.
    05-20-17 01:33 PM
    I'll eventually end up with one if Verizon doesn't bone us again. I like my priv fine but I know it won't last forever
    05-20-17 02:42 PM
    Nope. Unlocked or bust. Carriers like to shove updates up their *** and sit on them for months at a time to "test" them.
    05-20-17 06:39 PM
    I was dealing with the enterprise division at Rogers as this is a work phone. I don't deal with individual stores. Maybe because it's enterprise there will be less excitement? When I got confirmation they didn't make a distinction.

I use my wife's Priv regularly. I find it frustrating. I'm hoping Nova and other apps will be able to get it closer to BB10.

I'm not a heavy app user so app count is not important. I use BBM, Gas Buddy, a couple translation apps and RRS feeds. Speed is also not an issue for me.

I'm seeing this as a downgrade in OS but get a better camera and support for the few apps I use. At least it's a beautiful looking phone.
    05-20-17 10:40 PM
    Nope. Unlocked or bust. Carriers like to shove updates up their *** and sit on them for months at a time to "test" them.
    Ya. I told this to Rogers that they are bad. I didn't get a disagreement.
    05-20-17 10:41 PM
    I am waiting til the 31st, dont want a locked phone to robbers. Have enough billing issues with them already

Black Passport and Blue Classic
    Fortunately for me it's a work phone so contracts don't frighten me. I have a low minute count but 6g of data for $58 a month inclusive.
    05-20-17 10:43 PM
    Good decision, I have the Passport SE but the the Keyone is a better overall package.
    In many ways I agree, but I love the square screen and really am not an Android fan. The few people I know who jumped to BB still miss the OS. It really is nice.
    05-20-17 10:44 PM
    Well a few months ago I picked up a DTEK50 for $300 at staples as I needed a cheaper replacement - I have really come to like the phone for its size and I like the stereo speakers - seems like a rare species. It def could be faster but serves its purpose.

When Rogers launched the pr-orders I reserved a Keyone then cancelled...was really back and forth on it - mainly for the size difference.

Well...I ended up ordering one direct from Rogers online. I checked with the online chat yesterday and they said it will ship inn 3-5 days. I checked back today out of interest - today the agent said not till May 31 upon launch - so perhaps it is 3-5 days after launch vs being inline for in-store pickup. That is just more time for me to change my mind. lol

I plan on using both phones depending on what I am doing - dtek50 for out and about and the keyone for work and work travel so I am not on the wall charging all the time.

Peace!
    Although it's coming out the 31st I was told it will actually arrive a few days later.
    05-20-17 10:46 PM