Have to be honest I don't think I like it as much as I thought I did, the shiny gloss keyboard doesn't look as good as matte to me anyway.
    05-20-17 05:24 AM
    Can't please everybody. I personally feel looks great but it's all a personal opinion. Beyond the "gloss there is so mucho more....
    05-20-17 05:27 AM
    Have to be honest I don't think I like it as much as I thought I did, the shiny gloss keyboard doesn't look as good as matte to me anyway.
    At first I also disliked the glossy keyboard finish, however I actually started to like it. It helps with any swiping and flicking gestures as the finish offers less friction compared to a matte surface.

But as already said, TCL/ BlackBerry can't please anybody and everybody has to make their own decision.
    mbirth likes this.
    05-20-17 05:56 AM
    Totally agree they can't please everyone I just wanted to like it more than I did on first real life encounter with it, that said I've only had priv since October so I have plenty of time to get used to a shiny keyboard before I am due to buy one.
    05-20-17 06:22 AM
    I was sceptical of the keyboard, too, because I loved the keyboard of the Classic. However, after a few hours, the flat keys turned out to actually be easier to glide over when writing blind..
    05-20-17 08:46 AM
    I also prefer matte over glossy, but quickly got used to it. It's also nice knowing that I won't have to worry about the letters chipping off the buttons since they're imprinted underneath the glossy material.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    05-20-17 08:51 AM
    I also prefer matte color thing over glossy. It looks warm. Every button I press everyday (notebook's keyboard) are matte build.
    05-20-17 09:52 AM
    Yeah, coming from the Priv, I actually disliked the typing experience on the KEYone... but I had the same sentiment when switching TO the Priv from the Classic, so there's definitely an adjustment period.

Heck, even with laptops/standalone keyboards, it's a adjustment when switching, but ultimately it all works out.
    05-20-17 11:08 AM
    Yeah, coming from the Priv, I actually disliked the typing experience on the KEYone... but I had the same sentiment when switching TO the Priv from the Classic, so there's definitely an adjustment period.

Heck, even with laptops/standalone keyboards, it's a adjustment when switching, but ultimately it all works out.
    I couldn't get used to the PRIV because of the slider. Permanent keyboard itself has benefits.
    05-20-17 11:13 AM
    Depending on the material, you could probably take some fine grit sand paper to it and problem solved...
    05-20-17 07:36 PM
    I couldn't get used to the PRIV because of the slider. Permanent keyboard itself has benefits.
    Priv is the only pkb I've experienced and it is pretty slick in my mind
    Empyrean likes this.
    05-20-17 10:32 PM
    I found the gloss much more appealing in person than in the pictures. I like how it works with scrolling on the keyboard better than a matte finish. That's attention to detail in my opinion.
    05-21-17 01:12 AM
    Depending on the material, you could probably take some fine grit sand paper to it and problem solved...
    I hope you are joking. Using sandpaper on new device is ridiculous. Wiping it down with acetone is the right thing to do.

(I am joking. Please everyone, do not allow acetone to get near your devices. It will melt the plastic.)
    05-21-17 01:33 AM