Hey all! I'm strongly considering purchasing a K1 toward the end of the year to be my next android phone. However, I've visited and/or called all of the stores near me, and have had knowledgeable employees inform me that they will not be getting the K1 in store, but it will be an online exclusive (for that store at least) . While I know I can live with the smaller screen and thicker phone (previously used an iPhone 5S for ~3 years and currently use an LG V10 with a MASSIVE extended battery), I'm not sure how I'd like a physical keyboard. So, in the event that I'm unable to try out the K1 in stores (hopefully this is not the case!), I'm considering buying another BB phone of old to try out the PKB experience.

TL;DR what BB phone can I get for $100 or less which will give me the closest PKB experience to that of the K1?

(plan on selling the phone after I get a taste of the PKB experience. Do a lot of texting so any BB with support for an AT&T SIM is good enough for my testing purposes)

Thanks a bunch in advance!
    06-24-17 11:57 PM
    Hey all! I'm strongly considering purchasing a K1 toward the end of the year to be my next android phone. However, I've visited and/or called all of the stores near me, and have had knowledgeable employees inform me that they will not be getting the K1 in store, but it will be an online exclusive (for that store at least) . While I know I can live with the smaller screen and thicker phone (previously used an iPhone 5S for ~3 years and currently use an LG V10 with a MASSIVE extended battery), I'm not sure how I'd like a physical keyboard. So, in the event that I'm unable to try out the K1 in stores (hopefully this is not the case!), I'm considering buying another BB phone of old to try out the PKB experience.

TL;DR what BB phone can I get for $100 or less which will give me the closest PKB experience to that of the K1?

(plan on selling the phone after I get a taste of the PKB experience. Do a lot of texting so any BB with support for an AT&T SIM is good enough for my testing purposes)

Thanks a bunch in advance!
    The classic is probably closest.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-25-17 12:17 AM
    The classic is the closest in terms of size and feel. Order the KeyONE online if you can. It's worth it. Once you start using the physical keyboard again, even after using virtual keyboards for a while, you'll wonder how you went without it. I use to think the Classic has the best keyboard around. Now that I'm familiar with my KeyONE, I prefer the KeyONE's keyboard over the Classic(although the Classic is a close 2nd place) in my eyes. Some people love their Passport for it's T-Rex style keyboard. I absolutely love the Passport as well. All in all, try to get a KeyONE.
    06-25-17 07:25 AM
    It's a mix. I think it's a hybrid between the Classic and 9900. But it has the capacitive touch and features that the Passport has, which actually makes a big difference in terms of typing experience.
    06-25-17 07:51 AM