When I attempt to delete an item, I get an intercept prompt. It suggests that I need to change Permission for the card and shows 3 help screens but what I see does not correspond to their images. I don't seem to have any way to grant the necessary permission.

I also tried from Main Settings, App, FileManager, Permission but nothing there, either.

Ideas? And, yes, I already have Solid but I also like Asus. No such issues on my Priv.
    08-20-17 10:24 AM
    No one has any suggestions?

I want to be able to delete files on my external sd-card.
    08-21-17 03:24 PM
    when the pop up happens again, just tap "select" after you select your SD Card, when you're in the main SD Card folder. you might need to clear the cache and reinstall if the pop up doesn't pop up any more
    FF22 likes this.
    08-21-17 04:49 PM
    When I attempt to delete an item, I get an intercept prompt. It suggests that I need to change Permission for the card and shows 3 help screens but what I see does not correspond to their images. I don't seem to have any way to grant the necessary permission.

I also tried from Main Settings, App, FileManager, Permission but nothing there, either.

Ideas? And, yes, I already have Solid but I also like Asus. No such issues on my Priv.
    Same thing is happening when I use the Keyboard File app. I get the same message.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-21-17 05:32 PM
    Heres a snapshot from the Keyboard File app
    Attached Thumbnails Asus File Manager: Can't provide Permission for exrernal SD card to delete files-290665254.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    08-21-17 05:43 PM
    I think that I finally got it to work. I had to Swipe from Left to right and gain access to the sd-card although I'm pretty sure that I tried it at least half a dozen times the other day.

But I appreciate the replies as it forced me to try two or three more times in the last hour. I was just able to delete a junk picture I took for test purposes.

But knowing the arcane aspects of Android and sd-cards, it probably won't work tomorrow. I just wish Google would settle on a means to just allow those who want to work with an sd-card access!!!!
    08-21-17 07:10 PM
    when you go to the memory listing screen on the left hit the SD card, the press "select" on the bottom! that now will give you access thru Asus FM to access, delete, move files in the SD card!
    08-24-17 04:44 AM
    Try this and its work
    Open settings>apps>file manager
    Go to storage section and clear data and cache
    Go back and then click permission and grant the access
    Restart your phone without opening the file manager
    That should work fine now
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-24-18 02:43 AM