Chinese built device with software provided by BlackBerry of Canada. Sold.
    Just like Priv/Dteks sold ??

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 02:02 AM
    Just like Priv/Dteks sold ??

Posted via CB10
    If you were paying attention, you would realise that we were talking about whether sales would be impeded due to the fact that physical construction of the device occurs in China.
    03-07-17 07:26 AM
    This may be trick to sale unsold DTEK60.

Posted via CB10
    Alan Wei likes this.
    03-07-17 01:49 PM
    If you were paying attention, you would realise that we were talking about whether sales would be impeded due to the fact that physical construction of the device occurs in China.
    He doesn't like paying attention, he likes to spew out how good bb10 is and undermining blackberry all day
    03-07-17 01:50 PM
    Before anyone starts complaining about RAM again, iPhone 7 only has 2GB of RAM. no external storage. no quick charge. and mediocre battery life.

Oh. iphone 7 only has ONE button, and no headphone jack.

I realize TCL is no Apple. but specs aren't everything. Software optimization works wonders.
    Apple has iOS, which is pretty good optimized for iPhone flagship specs. K1 will be shipped with Android, so it will be compared against Samsung, HTC, OnePlus, Xiaomi and so on.

Posted through my  Z30
    03-08-17 12:22 AM
    I doubt this April 10th availability - unlockedmobiles has changed its version from "coming April 10th" to "coming soon". Any other hints?
    03-08-17 01:13 AM
    And all the others with the same specs have a pkb, right?
    03-08-17 03:25 AM
    That damn keyboard is the only reason why I am even contemplating this.

Loving my Passport SE and Classic.
    Am not a fan of Android
    03-08-17 10:43 AM
    I doubt this April 10th availability - unlockedmobiles has changed its version from "coming April 10th" to "coming soon". Any other hints?
    Yes, don't believe any dates unless they come directly from BlackBerry Mobile or TCL.
    03-08-17 12:35 PM
    He doesn't like paying attention, he likes to spew out how good bb10 is and undermining blackberry all day
    BB10 is still good (atleast for me) I am not app crazy guy who need thousands of apps to install on my phone everyday. If BB10 wasn't doing job for you why did you buy any bb10 devices why didn't you buy any android phone which already had tons of apps? Why waited for blackdroid?

I really don't understand when BlackBerry was just making BB10 devices why didn't all the users who now switch to Blackdroid and claims how good android is started to use android before, why they buy bb10 when they knew popular apps were missing??? Were they waiting for blackdroid or they predicted that BlackBerry would go Android in future?

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    03-08-17 03:31 PM
    I wish the Passport keys were assignable.
    03-08-17 05:07 PM
    BB10 is still good (atleast for me) I am not app crazy guy who need thousands of apps to install on my phone everyday. If BB10 wasn't doing job for you why did you buy any bb10 devices why didn't you buy any android phone which already had tons of apps? Why waited for blackdroid?

I really don't understand when BlackBerry was just making BB10 devices why didn't all the users who now switch to Blackdroid and claims how good android is started to use android before, why they buy bb10 when they knew popular apps were missing??? Were they waiting for blackdroid or they predicted that BlackBerry would go Android in future?

Posted via CB10
    Speaking for me, I stretched out the life of my BB10 devices as long as I could.

As the native app ecosystem deprecated, the OS stagnated, and the Android Runtime fell into antiquity, I couldn't push it any further - despite the many workarounds.

At the end of the day, I need one device in my hand that can do the job. BB10 outlived its usefulness.

So why BlackBerry Android? Coming from BB10 and BBOS, I still appreciate a focus on productivity with an eye on security. BlackBerry has injected its DNA into BlackBerry Android, and there is a feeling of familiarity and comfort that is not necessarily easy to define.

As a fellow Canadian, I will also admit that I feel good supporting BlackBerry.
    jakie55 and tonythecanuck like this.
    03-08-17 05:21 PM
    @conite Yes, that pretty much sums up the situation for many of us. I used to depend on my iPad for apps and portability, but now I hardly use it.
    03-08-17 05:59 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    And all the others with the same specs have a pkb, right?
    +1 bingo...

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 07:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    The answers that even though they all know that having android would be easier an more convenient, they are BlackBerry loyalists and they don't want to totally jump ship.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 09:03 PM
    On digitec.ch it shows start of sale from May 10, so not April...

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 12:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    How do you know that we didn't switch, only to come back to BlackBerry because we like physical keyboards, with the apps we require to do the job, without kludgy work arounds that only sometimes work. Hence the PRIV trade from my very functional Nexus 6P
    03-09-17 01:02 AM
    Just out curiosity, when BB released their other phones like the Classic or the Priv etc.. did it take a "long" time to get info on whether it would come to U.S. carriers or at least the official release date? I've honestly been checking everyday to see if any new news have been out lol. I just wanted to know if this was a trend or something new cause TCL built the phone?
    03-09-17 07:11 AM
    It obviously has value! But not 300 pounds.
    Because this is the only differentiator from other similar devices for half the price.

Now ask yourself: is that piece of keyboard worth 300 usd/eur/pounds?

Posted via CB10
    That's the point. Moreover some reviews complain about that keyboard being too small and not working very well as touchpad, so it looks like it is somewhat overpriced.
    03-09-17 08:41 AM
    That's the point. Moreover some reviews complain about that keyboard being too small and not working very well as touchpad, so it looks like it is somewhat overpriced.
    The keyboard is smaller than the Passport's, but comparable or bigger than the other BlackBerry's, so those reviews are misinformed. As for the touchpad functionality, the main complaint is accidentally hitting the Android screen keys, not that it doesn't function well.

Pricing-wise, it's a $150 USD premium. For the other currencies, maybe it's more overpriced, but for the U.S. dollar, it's fine. People are okay with $100 USD premium for /just/ a keyboard. (You're getting a touchpad too.) The $50 USD can be thought of as a monthly service for OS updates over at least two years.
    03-09-17 04:29 PM
    Yeah it will likely be a 750.00 phone here in Canada. You can attribute that to exchange of course . But 750 bucks is still 750 bucks lol
    03-09-17 05:03 PM
    It's way cheaper than iphone or samsung! Most consumers can't tell the difference between snapdragon 625 and 835. It's only $100 more than iphone SE 64gb.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 05:29 PM
    Yeah it will likely be a 750.00 phone here in Canada. You can attribute that to exchange of course . But 750 bucks is still 750 bucks lol
    Do people even buy flagships phones in Canada? They certainly would be priced higher. Is it all subsidized? If so, then the KEYone will be subsidized too, and it won't be $750 CAD in most people's minds.
    03-09-17 07:52 PM
    Do people even buy flagships phones in Canada? They certainly would be priced higher. Is it all subsidized? If so, then the KEYone will be subsidized too, and it won't be $750 CAD in most people's minds.
    True . Yes people buy flagship in Canada haha. For a 750.00 phone might be something like 200 bucks and 25 per month on top of your plan
    03-09-17 07:58 PM
    Just out curiosity, when BB released their other phones like the Classic or the Priv etc.. did it take a "long" time to get info on whether it would come to U.S. carriers or at least the official release date? I've honestly been checking everyday to see if any new news have been out lol. I just wanted to know if this was a trend or something new cause TCL built the phone?
    IMO: I think they just wanted to take advantage of MWC. If the volume of production models were available they would be out. If the release date was locked in, there would be no reason to not release dates. I think they are probably close but are negotiating with some carriers still and soon we will hear the release roadmap. I can't imagine pre-orders going beyond the end of March? Fingers crossed, that is...
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-09-17 10:51 PM
652 ... 2324252627