OK, please tell me what the heck is going on here and what the secret is to make this work.

Some times I can drag an icon over to a folder and the folder slurps it right up as soon as it gets any kind of overlap.

Other times, the folder nopes itself all around the home screen, refusing to accept the icon.

What gives???
    07-20-17 03:14 PM
    How many apps are you trying to jam into folders? lol. I think the limit is 16 in any one folder but that also depends on the launcher you are using.
    anon(10252394) likes this.
    07-20-17 03:40 PM
    How many apps are you trying to jam into folders? lol. I think the limit is 16 in any one folder but that also depends on the launcher you are using.
    I'm using the stock Blackberry Launcher.

The problem is totally inconsistent, and happens regardless the quantity of icons already in the folder.

Last time it happened, I had 3 icons in the folder and was adding a 4th.

More annoying is that I can sometimes "solve" the problem by trying a different icon -- which gets accepted just fine -- and then I can add the previously-rejected icon.

The other day I had one rejecting several different icons -- and then I come back awhile later and it accepted them all just fine.

Other times if I chase it around the screen long enough, it stops arguing with me and finally accepts the icon.

I can find no rhyme or reason to the whole thing.
    07-20-17 08:13 PM
    I can find no rhyme or reason to the whole thing.
    So weird. Have never heard of that kind of issue before.
    07-20-17 08:17 PM
    It also happens when dragging one icon on top of another to initially create the folder.

Just now, I played with dragging an icon across a row of other icons, some of them folders and some of them apps. Just a slow horizontal sweep back and forth with very little "jiggle".

On some passes, each position acknowledged the folder-entry or folder-creation request. While for other passes, a folder or icon that literally a few seconds prior was accepting of the request instead suddenly rejected it. And literally all I was doing was dragging the app icon in a horizontal line back and forth, hitting each item in the roughly same position each time I passed over it.
    07-20-17 08:26 PM
    Yes I've had that issue as well at times. It's hit and miss but does happen.
    07-20-17 08:30 PM
    Yep. Same here. Hit or miss. Doesn't happen when I switch to nova launcher. I wish BlackBerry worked with Nova or someone like that
    07-20-17 09:17 PM
    Yes I have experienced it as well. After a little bit of Tom and Jerry chasing eventually the icon will drop into the folder. I'll try make a note of it the next time I experience it.
    07-20-17 09:29 PM
    Seems to me the responsiveness of the BlackBerry Launcher when it comes to icons & swiping in general is spotty at best. I was constantly tapping an icon 2-3 times before it would launch. I'd long press an icon multiple times to simply move it. When I had 2 pages of icons I also had to swipe 2-3 times to change between pages. Eventually I switched to Nova b/c it was driving me mad. There are trade-offs to using Nova but ultimately, for me, it's a better overall experience.
    07-20-17 10:16 PM
    This used to happen from time to time on my Priv, and still happens on my KeyONE. I've found if you reboot then it will usually work afterward.
    07-20-17 11:06 PM
    I've had this issue with both Priv and Keyone! It really sucks! Not sure why it happens but I just keep trying until it finally accepts the move.
    07-21-17 05:51 AM
    Confirming the same.
    07-21-17 06:01 AM
    That's not the limit, 16 are per page and you can have several pages of apps in one folder, don't know the exact limit but you can put a lot more than 16.
    07-21-17 06:21 AM
    OK, please tell me what the heck is going on here and what the secret is to make this work.

Some times I can drag an icon over to a folder and the folder slurps it right up as soon as it gets any kind of overlap.

Other times, the folder nopes itself all around the home screen, refusing to accept the icon.

What gives???
    Have you modified the smallest width setting found under drawing in developer options? If you didn't you can try and delete the BB launcher and download it again, see if that helps.
    Do you have a screen protector applied by any chance? I don't have one and I never had this issue when trying to create a folder or adding an icon into an existing one.
    07-21-17 06:27 AM
    Even happened on my non-Blackberry Android phones. I just consider it a game. In the end I always win.
    FF22 and Insync like this.
    07-21-17 06:39 AM
    Have you modified the smallest width setting found under drawing in developer options? If you didn't you can try and delete the BB launcher and download it again, see if that helps.
    Do you have a screen protector applied by any chance? I don't have one and I never had this issue when trying to create a folder or adding an icon into an existing one.
    I've done/got neither of those and it has occurred for me. I've never tried reinstalling BB launcher though, but it has happened right out of the box.
    07-21-17 06:40 AM
    Do you have a screen protector applied by any chance?
    Developer options are not enabled.
    I do have a screen protector though.

Glad to hear from everyone else that "it's not just me", and that the BBLauncher does indeed seem to be intermittently buggy.
    07-21-17 09:29 AM
    it happened to me when I was first setting up the phone, but after the launcher updated it hasn't happened
    07-21-17 08:26 PM
    Just some emotional support, Neef... I've also experienced this. I hardly use folders at all, anymore, as a result. I gave up.
    neefer likes this.
    07-21-17 11:03 PM
    It happened to me again today where I was trying to place an icon into a folder and could not do it. The folder only had two other apps in it. My solution was to kill all running apps using the Kill All shortcut in Taskmanger and then I was able to place the icon in the folder. I am using the BlackBerry Launcher and it must be an issue with the launcher I assume. Not a big issue, easy to fix but needs to be looked at by BlackBerry.
    BTW I'm on build AAL964.
    Last edited by yamahammer; 07-24-17 at 07:34 PM.
    07-24-17 07:22 PM
    It happened to me again today ... BTW I'm on build AAL964.
    I am also on AAL964. I check for updates practically daily --
    here it is almost August and apparently I don't yet have the "June" update?

Thanks for the suggestion to close/kill all open apps. I'll hopefully remember to try that the next time it happens.
    07-26-17 06:45 PM
    Same issue here. I remember just giving up and then at some point I restarted the phone, tried it again and it worked. This was when I first got the phone and doing a bunch of organizing. I've had some updates since then and have not had an issue so far. On AAL964
    07-27-17 05:07 PM
    just happened to me too. I thought maybe the app developer was able to code so the icon would never go into a folder.
    07-27-17 05:15 PM
    I'm having the same issue sometimes as well. But on a follow-up note to this issue, I really like the way "neefer " explains it in his post. It made me laugh.
    neefer likes this.
    07-27-17 07:53 PM