12-26-16 12:53 AM
    https://todayinspacehistory.wordpres...oject-mercury/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Mercury
    Project Mercury

Circle containing the astronomical symbol for planet Mercury, with the numeral 7 inside it
    Retroactive logo designed from 1964 Mercury Seven astronaut memorial
    Just a guess
    12-26-16 04:11 AM
    If the Mercury is called the Legacy 7, that would be nice.
    12-26-16 05:57 AM
    Or even just the Blackberry Legacy. Though the term legacy in tech usually refers to the old/outdated.
    12-26-16 06:36 AM
    Or even just the Blackberry Legacy. Though the term legacy in tech usually refers to the old/outdated.
    It is a PKB
    LoveMyLBZ and Carjackd like this.
    12-26-16 08:45 AM
    It is a PKB
    The BlackBerry Typewriter!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 09:41 AM
    This is all to generate conversion, excitement and to get us to imagine what they are doing. And I love it!

So eagerly looking forward to early JAN. Going to be awesome! I would be happy with 'Legacy 7". The name is just odd enough for BlackBerry to use it.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    neoberry99 likes this.
    12-26-16 02:14 PM
    I'm assuming that's the point.
    12-26-16 03:13 PM
    This is all to generate conversion, excitement and to get us to imagine what they are doing. And I love it!

So eagerly looking forward to early JAN. Going to be awesome! I would be happy with 'Legacy 7". The name is just odd enough for BlackBerry to use it.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    I'm loving it, too! It's been a while since I've been genuinely excited about some BlackBerry news. It's a little sad, albeit fitting, that it's not even BlackBerry generating the buzz, but i'll still take it haha.

If this is indicative of how TCL will be marketing/pushing their BlackBerry hardware, this is a really good sign. They're definitely hitting the ground running.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    12-26-16 03:19 PM
    It is a PKB
    Yah! Newer has to be bettar!!!!11

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-26-16 03:32 PM
    I'm assuming that's the point.
    Yah, so outdated, not talking about the pkb, but having a different preference. We should all use glass slabs, you know, because other people use them!! Having your own preference is so 90's...

FF22 and bigjman like this.
    12-26-16 03:34 PM
    Yah, so outdated, not talking about the pkb, but having a different preference. We should all use glass slabs, you know, because other people use them!! Having your own preference is so 90's...

99.9% of the planet seems fine with glass slabs...
    12-26-16 03:37 PM
    This guy is making tons of references to BB pkb phones: "We've reached a point in our industry when we must boldy go where no other handset manufacturer has gone before..."

And also:
    "We'll unveil more news at CES around our plans, showcasing the legacy of the BlackBerry smartphone brand, while also giving a glimpse into what new BlackBerry smartphones will offer as part of our bold new brand portfolio within TCT."

And no, I'm not reading too much into his use of the word "bold" because even he tweeted a link to that article and pointed out the line "to boldly go..."

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveCist...4171225088?p=p

12-26-16 03:47 PM
    99.9% of the planet seems fine with glass slabs...
    Exactly! We must all be like that 99.9%! We must be so proud to be part of the majority! Woot, thanks for pointing out that number, makes my self esteem better to know that I'm with the majority...

12-26-16 03:48 PM
    And another interesting thing is that he retweeted an article that claims they will be unveiling "multiple" BB branded phones at CES...

12-26-16 03:50 PM
    I am personally very attached to BB10 and absolutely adore my Passport, but for the first time in quite a while I am excited to hop on to crackberry and see if there are any leaks for their upcoming phones. It feels like exciting times ahead. Feels good to have a sense of anticipation for the Mercury.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 05:47 PM
    I am totally loving it - just like everyone else here.

I remember sending a lengthy email stating how they should go about Marketing their devices so as to achieve the maximum advertisement possible.

And generating a pre-release buzz with teasers was one of them.

I do not know if the email reached anybody - though I received an acknowledgment, but this is good.

This is good!
    12-26-16 05:56 PM
    The one thing this tweet confirms is that the pkb device they will be unveiling is this so-called Mercury we've been seeing and reading about. Some members of the CB community were still wondering if they would be unveiling the Mercury or some other pkb phone they developed themselves that isn't related to the Mercury...

pizzawheel and Nathan Conley like this.
    12-26-16 11:11 PM