I'm a righty and I find that I always use my phone primarily with my left hand!

I'm amazed at how compact this phone is. I was expecting it to be a tank based on all the pictures. It's actually quite thin. Loving the KEYone!!!
    Ambidextrous?!...and they call us lefties witches 😀
    Seriously though I was comparing it with a friend's S8 and the Keyone is quite a lot bigger, but it doesn't feel it at all. It fits nicely in my normal sized mitts.
    05-14-17 06:40 AM
    You're comment seems to have gotten lost in the weeds here. I haven't heard anyone else complain of that issue. I wouldn't let that issue continue on. It could be an issue with the sim card or a hardware issue.
    Thank's donation, will try another sim card if this cures problem ok otherwise might have to return it, apart from this a great phone.
    05-14-17 07:07 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Nope...
    Any complaints about the KEYone?-img_20170514_081130.png

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 07:13 AM
    look like keyone push the TCL beyond their current capability... the complaint is worldwide launch... enable the black market... hopefully, the small qty means they are focus on quality. (any return will eat the margin greatly... look like risk to lost customer at this stage is small, KB phone at this range, Merc is the only game in town).
    05-14-17 07:36 AM
    It freezes sometimes, but I just press the power sleep button once and that fixes it. Don't know if anyone is experiencing this too.

Definitely not as fast as Google Pixel XL (I use one too) but pretty fast.

Very decent camera although not as great as the Pixel's.

Buy it for the pshysical keyboard. The rest of the specs are decent enough but not as good as the Pixel's.

Here is a photo taken in a low light setting.
    Attached Thumbnails Any complaints about the KEYone?-1170.jpg  
    05-14-17 08:54 AM
    No, the K1 appears to be the best Android phone to convert from a Passport. That said, if I could have stayed on the BBOS, then I would have stuck with the Passport, as the screen is a better size for my usage.
    I still wish someday there will be a Passport android!
    Alain_A and flyersfan76 like this.
    05-14-17 10:59 AM
    My "A" key has a really nasty squeaky sound. Starting to get a little annoying. Any solutions?
    05-14-17 11:50 AM
    Tired of waiting is my only complaint
    flyersfan76 and divernan like this.
    05-14-17 06:16 PM
    Well after today my main complaint is build quality as my camera has already failed (see my other thread, its definitely hardware not software)
    05-14-17 07:25 PM
    Well after today my main complaint is build quality as my camera has already failed (see my other thread, its definitely hardware not software)
    Oh man.. Sucks to hear. Hopefully you can get a quick replacement!
    05-14-17 09:12 PM
    Well just a few above yours is someone talking about a squeaky "a" key.

BlackBerry die hards (not fanboys) know too well the hard ware challenges with the pkb.
    05-14-17 09:48 PM
    Well just a few above yours is someone talking about a squeaky "a" key.

BlackBerry die hards (not fanboys) know too well the hard ware challenges with the pkb.
    It's getting better. I've been pushing it all day long in hopes of breaking it in, and it's working. Still creaks every once in awhile, but much more bearable.
    05-14-17 10:10 PM
    It's getting better. I've been pushing it all day long in hopes of breaking it in, and it's working. Still creaks every once in awhile, but much more bearable.
    For me it is my space bar, the middle and right hand side of the space bar is fine and very clicky (I like clicky) however towards the left hand side the space bar still works but it's very soft as If I haven't pushed the button in. Very annoying.

Anyone think this warrants a replacement while I'm still in my warranty

Thanks guys
    05-17-17 01:16 PM
    My "A" key has a really nasty squeaky sound. Starting to get a little annoying. Any solutions?
    20W50 Castrol GT
    gmoneyroxit likes this.
    05-17-17 01:24 PM
    For me it is my space bar, the middle and right hand side of the space bar is fine and very clicky (I like clicky) however towards the left hand side the space bar still works but it's very soft as If I haven't pushed the button in. Very annoying.

Anyone think this warrants a replacement while I'm still in my warranty

Thanks guys
    The PRIV had this issue.

Basically when you type a soft key will confuse you because you won't know whether you pressed it or not right?

If it impedes your typing I'd say yes return it. If it doesn't and it's only when you are looking for it, then it should be ok.
    05-17-17 01:32 PM
    The PRIV had this issue.

Basically when you type a soft key will confuse you because you won't know whether you pressed it or not right?

If it impedes your typing I'd say yes return it. If it doesn't and it's only when you are looking for it, then it should be ok.
    Exactly I can see the line where the letters come by fine but I just haven't got that responsive click from the key.

It isn't impending me using the device in anyway and I'm still happy with it. I may Ashwell leave it and just carry on as like you mentioned I can only tell it's there when I'm purposely trying to find it
    05-17-17 01:51 PM
    My complains are that the keyboard is very wobbly, very, I don't think it will last, every key looks like it will fall out any minute. Very disappointing.
    The other thing is that it takes ages to move pictures from camera folder to and existing sd card folder. It is OK when moving pictures from camera folder to a new created folder in sd card. Don't know if it is not just me, but is annoying.
    Rather than that it's a lovely piece of technology, but can't compare it to the passport, the passport is way too superior.
    05-17-17 02:11 PM
    I have a complaint. People are complaining that they don't have it yet, and complainers drive me crazy!
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    05-17-17 02:22 PM
    The Keyone is thick. It is a tall Z30.

I find the Z30 difficult to insert and remove from jacket.

The Keyone I imagine will require different holstering methods. The original BlackBerry with the keyboard, were small in frame. Now in order to accommodate the multimedia era, a large screen is needed. Hampers maneuverability.
    05-18-17 12:10 PM
    A squeaky creaky 'x' key. Goes right through me.
    05-19-17 01:43 PM
    I hope the screen brightness can have more range.. The dimmest setting should be more dim.. Its currently too bright when using in a total dark environment

- Charles
    05-21-17 09:58 AM
    I just returned my KeyOne. I tried oil and it did not work. The squeak got worse and worse so I decided to return and revisit the KeyOne once the initial batches have gone out.
    05-23-17 11:26 AM
    It doesn't fit in my hand like my Passport or Classic does.

Because I live in the US and am waiting patiently for it.

Did anyone say that yet?
    05-23-17 12:03 PM
    Main complaint is we're only few months away from Android 8/O with no word on KEYone OS update. What type of crap upgrade is BlackBerry Mobile doing? I mean, really..... Where are the autoloaders? I heard of a guy who knows a unidentified security guard at Google and they've already pushed out Android 9/P to One Plus 6 minus 5....
    05-23-17 03:43 PM
    When I look at apps that are sat in the background that I want shut down, the "clear all" button is at the top of the screen.

If it were at the bottom, I could operate the phone single handedly.
    05-23-17 06:15 PM
103 12345