Reason i asked is because my boss plans to change most of the team members phones from an IPhone 6s to the BB Mercury IF a dual sim version comes out. We have about 100 staff where i live and another 1,700 worldwide with IPhone 6s's.. and most of them carry 2 phones (1 for work and 1 for business)... they do tons of emailing to clients and they travel frequently worldwide.

Typing on glass was one of the biggest qualms, as they do plenty of emailing and messaging on IM clients daily, followed by 'too big a screen' and lastly followed by 'carrying 2 phones at the same time'.

So does anyone know if there's a chance the Mercury will be launched with Dual Sim or maybe a Dual Sim version?
    01-10-17 02:59 AM
    Going by the fact that BlackBerry has never made a dual-sim phone before, there's no chance Mercury will have one.
    You have no choice but to carry 2 phones except you don't want BlackBerry.
    01-10-17 03:23 AM
    Nope.

Not only have they never made one, but they have patents for making a phone dual sim using only one sim. Won't make sense for them to make a dual sim phone when they are trying to push companies to go with their idea...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-10-17 09:50 AM
    No. There is just a combination SIM and Micro SD card tray.
    01-10-17 10:39 AM
    I was hoping for this too

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    01-10-17 10:44 AM
    (1 for work and 1 for business)
    Busy people you got there
    ominaxe likes this.
    01-10-17 01:09 PM
    I really, really want a dual sim. It would be an awesome feature. I don't understand why they don't do it; it would put BlackBerry practically alone in the no-so-niche market of people who want dual sim phones. Plus, it would strengthen their anchor in the corporate world.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 02:03 PM
    I really, really want a dual sim. It would be an awesome feature. I don't understand why they don't do it; it would put BlackBerry practically alone in the no-so-niche market of people who want dual sim phones. Plus, it would strengthen their anchor in the corporate world.

Posted via CB10
    Um, this has been brought up before and has been answered by crackberry staff, read my reply above...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-10-17 05:44 PM
    It probably won't be this model but the model by the Indonesian partner may have it. It's very popular over there and unless you're Iphone, you will be at a competitive disadvantage if you don't have that feature.
    01-10-17 06:01 PM
    Reason i asked is because my boss plans to change most of the team members phones from an IPhone 6s to the BB Mercury IF a dual sim version comes out. We have about 100 staff where i live and another 1,700 worldwide with IPhone 6s's.. and most of them carry 2 phones (1 for work and 1 for business)... they do tons of emailing to clients and they travel frequently worldwide.

Typing on glass was one of the biggest qualms, as they do plenty of emailing and messaging on IM clients daily, followed by 'too big a screen' and lastly followed by 'carrying 2 phones at the same time'.

So does anyone know if there's a chance the Mercury will be launched with Dual Sim or maybe a Dual Sim version?
    Doesn't blackberry own the company called Movirtu. They offer a virtual Sim so that corporations can keep a separate business profile and another phone number on the one phone. But I'm not sure how that works or how it can be set up. Maybe someone on here with more knowledge can clarify.
    01-10-17 06:27 PM
    I really, really want a dual sim. It would be an awesome feature. I don't understand why they don't do it;

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps something to do with carriers and manufacturers wanting to sell more devices.
    01-10-17 06:29 PM
    Doesn't blackberry own the company called Movirtu. They offer a virtual Sim so that corporations can keep a separate business profile and another phone number on the one phone. But I'm not sure how that works or how it can be set up. Maybe someone on here with more knowledge can clarify.
    Any virtual sim requires carrier support. Haven't heard any Movirtu related news for a long time on CB. Not sure what BB is doing with that acquisition.
    01-10-17 07:18 PM