What are you talking about. We knew the original time frame of April and then the release dates in the UK followed by North America. When other information is available we all know. Do you need a personal email sent to you to be updated on release dates?

Posted via CB10
    No, you didn't know the original time frame. If you did, then nobody would have been caught by surprise when John Chen let the cat out of the bag about the delay. Hours later TCL came up with a pile of steaming bs via Twitter.

When the information is available, you won't know. Why? Because all those people who registered for updates never heard a peep! Everyone found out via CrackBerry! So much for signing up for personalised notifications on updates, release dates, etc. They only started sending notifications last week. Prior to that they gave everyone the run around when people asked them on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere else.
    05-21-17 09:45 PM
    They inherited the brand in the mobile space.
    They inherited nothing. They are licensing it, and are doing so only because it suits THEM. They owe nothing to BlackBerry or to its legacy.
    05-21-17 09:47 PM
    Although, we may have been slightly drunk and that may have affected the results
    Ain't that the truth! Lol.
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-21-17 09:51 PM
    People aren't expecting a perfect device with no issues/hiccups. They're ticked at the poor communication from BlackBerry Mobile and the super slow release.

When Ford or any other car manufacturer releases a first vehicle, they tell you right off the bat that it's a limited production with x amount being produced in the first run. They also tell you when each market will expect the vehicle. They don't go saying "oh, we thought we'd be able to release the car, but due to overwhelming demand, we had to retool another plant to keep up with demand" and then they don't even ship the cars they supposedly had already made.
    I used to work for Ford, no they don't tell you how many vehicles they will run, unless it's a "special edition" type vehicle like the Boss 302, Ford GT, or GT350R... They release new tech all of the time without making any kind of statement like that to the public and they almost always have issues, never buy the first year of a new engine or transmission type, lol. Who remembers the 1996 Ford Mustang GT, the first year they put their modular 4.6L V8 in it? Lol, we try to forget that one...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-23-17 10:48 AM
    Anyways, if we step back and look - TCL is just as bad as BB itself at providing information. Has nothing to do about competence, just company culture.

We should be happy TCL took this on, or else the Dtek's would have been the last of Blackberry named devices.

And can we stop with the comparisons, AndroidCentral just released best devices under $700 and k1 was nowhere to be seen.

#1 : reason the K1 is fast as the s8 is because users haven't yet let Android settle in or loaded the OS with apps or other junk. I can run a brand new iPhone 6 along side the 7 and it will be very similar fresh out of the box.

#2 : battery life is superb because of specs/smaller screen size + MUCH bigger battery than any other phone ya'll comparing too.
    05-23-17 11:05 AM
    Oh you don't know?

Another user seems to have it running fast. That's what you meant right?

Unfortunately there are enough of other reviews stating the opposite so that a logical person can conclude that there is no consensus to state the keyone is "just as fast as the higher priced flagships"

Pretty much logical to me - unless you're a fanboy and just stick to the evidence that shows the keyone being quick and ignore all the other one that say the contrary...not saying that's you, but in general.

Look, I also use the s7. By consensus, it was one of the best and quickest phones last year.

But I don't buy this phone based on these asinine "speed tests" and those moronic "open up apps and see who is faster" demos. Why? Because I'm not stupid. I've used enough phones (moto x, moto g, one plus one, LG g3 and g4, s7) from android to understand for myself, the specs make a difference but not as much as people might think.

Virtually every single one of the phones I used developed lag, battery drain, etc

The smoothest android I used was the one plus one. The g3 was very laggy. The s7 has lag as well. I don't need to run around telling people how fast it is because it has so and so spec. It doesn't exist.

Going from that, I'm not delusional enough to believe the keyone is a smooth fast android expsrience. I've used the PRIV and the dtek50 and people said (on Cb) the dtek50 was smooth - no it was not.

So excuse me if I have a hard time believing all the bullcrap being dropped on Cb about the keyone but I'll buy it and see for myself.

All these people dropping links to videos or like uploading pictures to show how great the camera is, just stop, you're embarrassing the community. Stop trying so hard to legitimize your support for the brand.

I've heard ios is super fast, due to optimization. I've used bb10 and while it had "lag" or bugs here and there, it was smooth overall. Android on the other hand, the only phone that was smooth without hiccups and lag, was the one plus one.

Never used an android device that didn't lag other than oneplus. I heard the pixel line is super quick. Other than that, ummm I don't think so. BlackBerry android included.
    Yackity yackity yack, when did I make any claim it's as fast as any flagship? And when did I make a claim it doesn't lag? I was commenting on the comment that it's slower than the Priv. Is the Priv considered a flagship now? Lol.

Bbnivende likes this.
    05-23-17 03:48 PM
    Thank you so much for your valued contribution to this thread.

Take a look at how many people are affected by iPhones catching on fire and the damage that they've caused verses the Note 7. Yeah, exactly, the Note 7 situation was overblown. But since you can't seem to grasp that, it makes you even more ridiculous. Now hurry up and get back to pre registering!
    Looking at the number or the percentage? Maybe you need to email the FAA to tell them they banned the wrong device...

Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    05-23-17 03:54 PM
    #1 : reason the K1 is fast as the s8 is because users haven't yet let Android settle in or loaded the OS with apps or other junk. I can run a brand new iPhone 6 along side the 7 and it will be very similar fresh out of the box.

#2 : battery life is superb because of specs/smaller screen size + MUCH bigger battery than any other phone ya'll comparing too.
    Tests have been between a new K1 and a new S8. It's not like the S8 has been out for ages. Both test units came out at around the same time, end of April. Perhaps the S8 bloatware plays a role, but people have commented that the S8 has a lot less bloatware these days... The question is: Is the 625 "good enough", and the answer appears to be "yes" for the most part.

As for battery life, isn't that the whole point of the design decisions made? Compromise on the "specs/smaller screen" and a provide a bigger battery so that it will have excellent battery life? Were the design decisions correct for what they wanted to achieve? Answer seems to be "yes".
    05-23-17 04:15 PM
    Priv features not available on Keyone

Wireless charging
    Higher display resolution
    Better display color
    Curved glass
    Sliding keyboard

Keyone "upgrades":

Fingerprint security
    Bigger battery

Paying double for downgrading my display for an hour more of battery is not my cup of tea. Everyone should protest scamming us by selling a repackaged priv with better battery for ridiculous price.
    05-25-17 08:47 PM

Wireless charging
    Better display color
    Curved glass
    Sliding keyboard

Keyone "upgrades":

Fingerprint security
    Bigger battery

Paying double for downgrading my display for an hour more of battery is not my cup of tea. Everyone should protest scamming us by selling a repackaged priv with better battery for ridiculous price.
    What's to complain about? Enjoy your PRIV. Nobody is forcing you to buy a KEYone!

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    05-25-17 09:16 PM

Wireless charging
    Better display color
    Curved glass
    Sliding keyboard

Keyone "upgrades":

Fingerprint security
    Bigger battery

Serpentor is getting a KEYone.
    05-25-17 09:23 PM
    I have a Priv, and have used a KEYᵒⁿᵉ for an extended period of time. No comparison. KEYᵒⁿᵉ blows away the Priv in almost every way.

Much better optimised OS, including Nougat. Double to triple battery life. Better camera. Nicer keyboard.

$150 USD cheaper than Priv at launch.
    05-25-17 11:09 PM

Wireless charging
    Better display color
    Curved glass
    Sliding keyboard

Keyone "upgrades":

Fingerprint security
    Bigger battery

Stupid curved glass and sliding keyboard are cons for me, so...

And over-saturated colors being "better" is completely subjective...

05-26-17 03:29 AM
    It is the deep blacks that I will miss about the display in the Priv. Hoping there's a Priv 2. The KeyOne display looks like a step backward from what I've seen of it.

Other than the display I was stoked for the KeyOne but I've come to the conclusion that my Priv can last me another year.

Hopefully the KeyOne is a success and we will have a couple of choices in PKB devices from Blackberry mobile.
    05-26-17 04:18 AM
    History repeats itself.

No UNLOCKED version for Canada
    Limited or no stock at launch
    Confusion and no hype
    05-31-17 10:27 AM
    History repeats itself.

No UNLOCKED version for Canada
    Limited or no stock at launch
    Confusion and no hype
    Exactly! Complete FAILURE!
    05-31-17 10:29 AM
    Bell Canada now lists the KeyOne at:

1) $0.00 and $95/mo for 6 MB on 2 yr plan;
    2) $199.00 at $75/mo and 4 MB on 2 yr plan, or;
    3) $699.00 just for the device.

Bell also has a slick video to promote the KeyOne.
    Did you mean 6 and 4 GB?

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    05-31-17 11:08 AM
    Did you mean 6 and 4 GB?

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    6MB and 4MB, so after you download one app you have to pay overages, lol.
    05-31-17 11:28 AM
    Constantly talking about the release not meeting one's perceptions makes a whiner.
    I don't agree, this device was hyped up and there is no excuse for the way this launch was handled. I am in the auto industry where a product being launched on time is the difference between success and failure.

I was up at 4:30 AM and went to Amazon where I have been a prime member since the program started and the Keyone was not available for prime members like Blackberry devices have been in the past.

When I did try and buy one, there was no express shipping and the delivery dates where June 8-16 which is unacceptable. I then tried Best Buy who had none available in stock and to pour more salt into my wounds.

The Blackberry mobile website hasn't even been updated and still was showing available May 31st. I don't call that whining and being a business Pearson myself, I call that poor execution, plain and simple.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-31-17 11:42 AM
    This entire launch process has been a joke.
    TCl needs to do better. They had months to get this right. I'm not listening to any excuses. Same as they wouldn't if I didn't have the $$ to buy a K1, even after having many months to save up for it.
    When I first posted my doubts about the launch happening on time & the meetups being used to help maintain interest & good will, they got explained away as conspiracy theories...
    Now here we are...
    CrackBerry, I respect the site & the people who earn a living from it, but it's time to keep it real, no matter who's paying the bills.
    I want BlackBerry, CrackBerry, BB Mobile, & TCL all to be wildly successful. That's why I say the things that I do. I'm passionate and invested. Often times messing up allows us the opportunity to find our best selves as we learn from our mistakes.
    TCL, this launch sucked. Do better!!!!
    Last edited by p51; 05-31-17 at 03:19 PM.
    krazyatom, bakron1 and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-31-17 11:48 AM
    ^ you can tell by the silence of prominent members on this forum which is so unlike them for launches.

They were not ready for the launch even today.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-31-17 12:26 PM
    My phonEz0r is way more eLitE than yourZ bekoz its got MoAr SpeCs!!!!!!one!one!!
    05-31-17 12:48 PM
    My phonEz0r is way more eLitE than yourZ bekoz its got MoAr SpeCs!!!!!!one!one!!
    Definitely not a BB fan if you type like that on a PKB.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-31-17 01:54 PM
    Lol. I gave up on the spec wars a while back. I want a long lasting device that lets me communicate well and has a great camera. I don't care if my phone opens up slower by half a second.
    kodos78 and bakron1 like this.
    05-31-17 01:57 PM
    The signup for notifications has ended up as a joke..

Got the email which simply directs you to Amazon, who sold early and is out of stock, or Best Buy... LOL

Glad I snagged one from Selfridges.. Disastrous launch in the US? Ummm..... Yup!
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-31-17 02:37 PM
152 ... 4567