In 2017 mobile phones are largely just consumer electronics and as much a fashion choice as anything.
    100% true.
    05-20-17 03:56 PM
    I don't really get how people would expect TCL to have absolutely no hiccups with their first keyboard phone... To use car references again, it's like Ford being experienced for 100 years but when they make their first vehicle with an engine or transmission system they've never done before they have tons of issues at first... If TCL manages to release this phone without massive widespread issues I'd already be impressed, lol. We'll see.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-20-17 06:11 PM
    I don't really get how people would expect TCL to have absolutely no hiccups with their first keyboard phone... To use car references again, it's like Ford being experienced for 100 years but when they make their first vehicle with an engine or transmission system they've never done before they have tons of issues at first... If TCL manages to release this phone without massive widespread issues I'd already be impressed, lol. We'll see.

People aren't expecting a perfect device with no issues/hiccups. They're ticked at the poor communication from BlackBerry Mobile and the super slow release.

When Ford or any other car manufacturer releases a first vehicle, they tell you right off the bat that it's a limited production with x amount being produced in the first run. They also tell you when each market will expect the vehicle. They don't go saying "oh, we thought we'd be able to release the car, but due to overwhelming demand, we had to retool another plant to keep up with demand" and then they don't even ship the cars they supposedly had already made.
    Alain_A, mister2d and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-21-17 04:59 PM
    They don't go saying "oh, we thought we'd be able to release the car, but due to overwhelming demand, we had to retool another plant to keep up with demand" and then they don't even ship the cars they supposedly had already made.
    But Ford has complete and total control over its entire support, and distribution network.

BlackBerry Mobile has to forge relationships with carriers and create a distribution network. There are dozens of variables completely out of its control.

Even with product in hand, they have to make them accessible.
    05-21-17 05:06 PM
    People aren't expecting a perfect device with no issues/hiccups. They're ticked at the poor communication from BlackBerry Mobile and the super slow release.

When Ford or any other car manufacturer releases a first vehicle, they tell you right off the bat that it's a limited production with x amount being produced in the first run. They also tell you when each market will expect the vehicle. They don't go saying "oh, we thought we'd be able to release the car, but due to overwhelming demand, we had to retool another plant to keep up with demand" and then they don't even ship the cars they supposedly had already made.
    I doubt we could find 1000 live humans who actually alter their mobile phone purchase plans on account of a one month delay for a phone that, by most accounts is very well designed and built.

I'd rather have a good phone a few weeks late than a lousy one on time. (Samsung Galaxy Note 7, anyone?)

I think it's hilarious that people call BlackBerry Mobile incompetent for a minor delay when Samsung literally had to recall and cancel a major release due to their phones catching fire!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Adam Frix and bluetroll like this.
    05-21-17 05:09 PM
    But Ford has complete and total control over its entire support, and distribution network.

BlackBerry Mobile has to forge relationships with carriers and create a distribution network. There are dozens of variables completely out of its control.

Even with product in hand, they have to make them accessible.
    I wasn't the one that brought up the analogy of Ford.

Ford or any other car manufacturer does not have complete control over its entire support and distribution network. They manufacture the car. Do you realize how much more complex car manufacturing is than a mobile device? All the vendors they have to deal with, the government regulations, etc.. Dealer networks aren't owned by Ford. They're all independently owned.

"....with product in hand, they have to make them accessible." -- SO why haven't they sold them direct, unlocked online?? Again, you give them way too much credit and not enough criticism.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-21-17 06:06 PM
    I doubt we could find 1000 live humans who actually alter their mobile phone purchase plans on account of a one month delay for a phone that, by most accounts is very well designed and built.

I'd rather have a good phone a few weeks late than a lousy one on time. (Samsung Galaxy Note 7, anyone?)

I think it's hilarious that people call BlackBerry Mobile incompetent for a minor delay when Samsung literally had to recall and cancel a major release due to their phones catching fire!

One lousy device. If you didn't want the huge Note, you got the S7. If you don't want the KEYone, what other keyboard device does BlackBerry Mobile offer? Even with the overblown Note incidents (iPhone 6 & 7s are catching fire, combusting, and burning people as well) the Samsung Galaxy S7 sold in record numbers. The Galaxy S8 is on sale world wide and yet where's this KEYone device??? Oh, a couple hundred were sold in the UK lol.

I find it more hilarious that people don't realize it's not about a minor delay. It's bigger than that. You're trying to rebuild the brand and attract customers. The brand is in the gutter circling the drain yet you don't hold them accountable for anything.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-21-17 06:11 PM
    One lousy device. If you didn't want the huge Note, you got the S7. If you don't want the KEYone, what other keyboard device does BlackBerry Mobile offer? Even with the overblown Note incidents (iPhone 6 & 7s are catching fire, combusting, and burning people as well) the Samsung Galaxy S7 sold in record numbers. The Galaxy S8 is on sale world wide and yet where's this KEYone device??? Oh, a couple hundred were sold in the UK lol.

I find it more hilarious that people don't realize it's not about a minor delay. It's bigger than that. You're trying to rebuild the brand and attract customers. The brand is in the gutter circling the drain yet you don't hold them accountable for anything.
    Phones catching on fire, destroying personal property and making it a risk for airplanes is "overblown".

Your arguments are ridiculous.
    bluetroll and Bbnivende like this.
    05-21-17 06:42 PM

What happened here??

Oh you don't know?

Another user seems to have it running fast. That's what you meant right?

Unfortunately there are enough of other reviews stating the opposite so that a logical person can conclude that there is no consensus to state the keyone is "just as fast as the higher priced flagships"

Pretty much logical to me - unless you're a fanboy and just stick to the evidence that shows the keyone being quick and ignore all the other one that say the contrary...not saying that's you, but in general.

Look, I also use the s7. By consensus, it was one of the best and quickest phones last year.

But I don't buy this phone based on these asinine "speed tests" and those moronic "open up apps and see who is faster" demos. Why? Because I'm not stupid. I've used enough phones (moto x, moto g, one plus one, LG g3 and g4, s7) from android to understand for myself, the specs make a difference but not as much as people might think.

Virtually every single one of the phones I used developed lag, battery drain, etc

The smoothest android I used was the one plus one. The g3 was very laggy. The s7 has lag as well. I don't need to run around telling people how fast it is because it has so and so spec. It doesn't exist.

Going from that, I'm not delusional enough to believe the keyone is a smooth fast android expsrience. I've used the PRIV and the dtek50 and people said (on Cb) the dtek50 was smooth - no it was not.

So excuse me if I have a hard time believing all the bullcrap being dropped on Cb about the keyone but I'll buy it and see for myself.

All these people dropping links to videos or like uploading pictures to show how great the camera is, just stop, you're embarrassing the community. Stop trying so hard to legitimize your support for the brand.

I've heard ios is super fast, due to optimization. I've used bb10 and while it had "lag" or bugs here and there, it was smooth overall. Android on the other hand, the only phone that was smooth without hiccups and lag, was the one plus one.

Never used an android device that didn't lag other than oneplus. I heard the pixel line is super quick. Other than that, ummm I don't think so. BlackBerry android included.
    Last edited by evodevo69; 05-21-17 at 07:33 PM.
    05-21-17 07:04 PM
    Phones catching on fire, destroying personal property and making it a risk for airplanes is "overblown".

Your arguments are ridiculous.
    Thank you so much for your valued contribution to this thread.

Take a look at how many people are affected by iPhones catching on fire and the damage that they've caused verses the Note 7. Yeah, exactly, the Note 7 situation was overblown. But since you can't seem to grasp that, it makes you even more ridiculous. Now hurry up and get back to pre registering!
    05-21-17 07:07 PM
    Thank you so much for your valued contribution to this thread.

Take a look at how many people are affected by iPhones catching on fire and the damage that they've caused verses the Note 7. Yeah, exactly, the Note 7 situation was overblown. But since you can't seem to grasp that, it makes you even more ridiculous. Now hurry up and get back to pre registering!
    What's your threshold for injury/damage before you'd issue a recall? Would you do a cost/benefit analysis to see how many acceptable deaths there can be, set aside a lawsuit fund and continue selling a product?

Whether the actual Note 7 catching on fire was overblown or not, it affected all Note 7 users. They couldn't take their phones on planes. They had to return their phones. All this is a huge inconvenience that you're saying is minor.
    05-21-17 07:35 PM
    What's your threshold for injury/damage before you'd issue a recall? Would you do a cost/benefit analysis to see how many acceptable deaths there can be, set aside a lawsuit fund and continue selling a product?

Whether the actual Note 7 catching on fire was overblown or not, it affected all Note 7 users. They couldn't take their phones on planes. They had to return their phones. All this is a huge inconvenience that you're saying is minor.
    Re read again what I wrote. Compared to the amount of damage (still on going) caused by the iPhone 6 and 7, the Note 7 is overblown. Why aren't those iPhones banned from flights? iPhones are still catching fire and causing damage, but do you see the press jumping on that story? Like I said, overblown.

Let's put things into perspective...liquids on an airplane. I can't bring a 1L bottle from outside onto the plane, but once I magically get through security, they'll gladly sell me as many bottles as I'd like from any of the retailers. Do you think every one of those bottles has been vetted?

Let's not get derailed about that and get back on track about what this thread was about.
    05-21-17 07:48 PM

What are you talking about. We knew the original time frame of April and then the release dates in the UK followed by North America. When other information is available we all know. Do you need a personal email sent to you to be updated on release dates?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 08:08 PM

Agree 100%. People on this board need something to whine and nitpick about to feel like they have something to say. It's a niche product aimed at a niche market. 99% of the market doesn't care about the KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 08:12 PM

Whiner and complainers would you be happy on the next phone if BlackBerry Mobile kept you completely in the dark until the day they are ready to release it?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 08:17 PM
    Oh you don't know?

Another user seems to have it running fast. That's what you meant right?

Unfortunately there are enough of other reviews stating the opposite so that a logical person can conclude that there is no consensus to state the keyone is "just as fast as the higher priced flagships"

Pretty much logical to me - unless you're a fanboy and just stick to the evidence that shows the keyone being quick and ignore all the other one that say the contrary...not saying that's you, but in general.

Look, I also use the s7. By consensus, it was one of the best and quickest phones last year.

But I don't buy this phone based on these asinine "speed tests" and those moronic "open up apps and see who is faster" demos. Why? Because I'm not stupid. I've used enough phones (moto x, moto g, one plus one, LG g3 and g4, s7) from android to understand for myself, the specs make a difference but not as much as people might think.

Virtually every single one of the phones I used developed lag, battery drain, etc

The smoothest android I used was the one plus one. The g3 was very laggy. The s7 has lag as well. I don't need to run around telling people how fast it is because it has so and so spec. It doesn't exist.

Going from that, I'm not delusional enough to believe the keyone is a smooth fast android expsrience. I've used the PRIV and the dtek50 and people said (on Cb) the dtek50 was smooth - no it was not.

So excuse me if I have a hard time believing all the bullcrap being dropped on Cb about the keyone but I'll buy it and see for myself.

All these people dropping links to videos or like uploading pictures to show how great the camera is, just stop, you're embarrassing the community. Stop trying so hard to legitimize your support for the brand.

I've heard ios is super fast, due to optimization. I've used bb10 and while it had "lag" or bugs here and there, it was smooth overall. Android on the other hand, the only phone that was smooth without hiccups and lag, was the one plus one.

Never used an android device that didn't lag other than oneplus. I heard the pixel line is super quick. Other than that, ummm I don't think so. BlackBerry android included.
    I don't know what your talking about when everything I have seen has the KEYone as fast or faster than the S8.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 08:20 PM

Gee i'll have to get the violin out to accompany all of the whining.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ will be available when it's available and accord to a timetable that is not within your control.
    05-21-17 08:33 PM
    Whiner and complainers would you be happy on the next phone if BlackBerry Mobile kept you completely in the dark until the day they are ready to release it?

Posted via CB10
    Really? So being critical of something equates to being a whiner or complainer?

BlackBerry Mobile already kept users completely in the dark about things. Case in point, it was John Chen who let people know the device was delayed, not BlackBerry Mobile. Were you too busy chugging the Kool Aid to hear that part? Or did you completely buy into Steve's steaming pile of "Due to overwhelming demand..." .
    05-21-17 09:02 PM
    I don't know what your talking about when everything I have seen has the KEYone as fast or faster than the S8.

Posted via CB10
    Not possible when the S8's got more ram, better gpu and better cpu. Fire up something graphically intensive like a game and show me the KEYone being as fast or faster than the S8. Watch the Jeff Springer review.
    05-21-17 09:08 PM
    Not possible when the S8's got more ram, better gpu and better cpu. Fire up something graphically intensive like a game and show me the KEYone being as fast or faster than the S8. Watch the Jeff Springer review.
    Gamers won't sacrifice the screen real estate for a keyboard anyway. The KEYone is for people who care more about reading and writing on their phones more than watching video or playing games.

The KEYone is plenty fast enough for the users who will want it, and it will trounce the S8 in battery life.

05-21-17 09:16 PM
    Really? So being critical of something equates to being a whiner or complainer?

BlackBerry Mobile already kept users completely in the dark about things. Case in point, it was John Chen who let people know the device was delayed, not BlackBerry Mobile. Were you too busy chugging the Kool Aid to hear that part? Or did you completely buy into Steve's steaming pile of "Due to overwhelming demand..." .
    Constantly talking about the release not meeting one's perceptions makes a whiner.
    05-21-17 09:18 PM
    You're trying to rebuild the brand and attract customers. The brand is in the gutter circling the drain yet you don't hold them accountable for anything.
    You're holding BlackBerry Mobile accountable for the state of BlackBerry's brand perception now?

BlackBerry Mobile has licenced the brand because they believe it has value, and are doing their best to bring out their very first device. They missed the initial mark by a month, but they aren't sitting around playing tiddlywinks.
    05-21-17 09:28 PM
    Gamers won't sacrifice the screen real estate for a keyboard anyway. The KEYone is for people who care more about reading and writing on their phones more than watching video or playing games.

The KEYone is plenty fast enough for the users who will want it, and it will trounce the S8 in battery life.

The original statement was the KEYone was as fast or faster than the S8. Nobody was talking about battery life.
    05-21-17 09:34 PM
    Just to reassure everyone, I put the KEYᵒⁿᵉ right beside my dtek60, and did a whole bunch of speed tests. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ was just as fast if not slightly faster then the dtek60. I tried navigating the ux, moving in and out of apps, loading big games, etc.

There will be absolutely no issues with performance.
    Although, we may have been slightly drunk and that may have affected the results
    05-21-17 09:36 PM
    You're holding BlackBerry Mobile accountable for the state of BlackBerry's brand perception now?

BlackBerry Mobile has licenced the brand because they believe it has value, and are doing their best to bring out their very first device. They missed the initial mark by a month, but they aren't sitting around playing tiddlywinks.
    They inherited the brand in the mobile space. Regardless of who ran it in the past, 99.9% of the market still doesn't distinguish whether it's BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile. It has the BlackBerry name, that's all that matters.

Did you see a change in perception or positive market increase when they switched to BlackBerry 10 and several different CEOs? It's the BlackBerry brand that's crap and what has TCL done to change it? They already missed a deadline so that just reinforced the notion that it's the same treadmill going round and round.
    05-21-17 09:38 PM
152 ... 34567