I just don't see why people who don't like BlackBerry and aren't excited by the KEYone hang around and post. It really is like having a sad, obsessive ex show up at an office party wanting to talk!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    slagman5 and anon(3641385) like this.
    05-19-17 11:34 AM
    How'd that pre registering go for you? With your psychic powers, you'd have known it was a waste of time since they went silent and people only found out about things here.
    So, did you pre register again like they suggested? Because you know, when May 31 comes around they'll be sure to email you where you can actually purchase it because you know, you can't rely on Internet fan sites to communicate better than the actual company making, distributing and selling the device.
    Did I forget to advise you to hurry up and pre register? TCL's been ramping up production to meet that unprecedented demand so you may not be one of the lucky 500 or so that manages to snag a device from their first major production run. Pre registering will allow you to be one of the very first to know about things when June 10th rolls around.
    Um, I don't "pre-register" for anything. When it goes on sale, I'll buy it. Why do I need to give someone my email address for? How does that help me at all? I mean, other than to get more spam mail, lol.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-19-17 12:12 PM
    That's a bold statement.... with nothing to back it up.

Resale value?
    Benchmarks?
    Apps - while Android has most every app, they aren't equal, ask any SnapChat user?
    Camera? iPhone7 Plus just can't be beat?
    Visible Screen size?

KEYone is a niche device that will serve PKB lovers better than any other option on the market. And in some categories it will beat other devices - like battery life. Some here may place more value on the KEYones features than on those offered by an iPhone or iPhone Plus....
    Thanks. You made me feel better about purchasing iphone 7 plus! Crackberry convinced me that keyone is super fast device!
    05-19-17 12:54 PM
    Oh. You'll love the battery life. Should be better than the moto as the battery is bigger I think. Plus the smaller screen. Should last for 3 or 4 days.
    Drawback to having a long battery life... you don't develop a habit of charging every night. For example, my Garmin Vivoactive HR (fitness watch with 24/7 heart rate monitor, GPS, waterproof to 50m), without using the GPS, i.e. for steps and sleep tracking only, lasts 18 days. Eighteen days is just an odd number to remember, and even every two weeks, is hard to remember for charging cycles. The good thing, though, is it recharges < 10% to 100% in about two hours.

(18 days is what I tested it out to be. Garmin lists only 8 days, probably with notifications on, which I can't use with BB10 because only call notifications work, not email, txts, etc.)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-19-17 01:48 PM
    How'd that pre registering go for you? With your psychic powers, you'd have known it was a waste of time since they went silent and people only found out about things here.
    So, did you pre register again like they suggested? Because you know, when May 31 comes around they'll be sure to email you where you can actually purchase it because you know, you can't rely on Internet fan sites to communicate better than the actual company making, distributing and selling the device.
    Did I forget to advise you to hurry up and pre register? TCL's been ramping up production to meet that unprecedented demand so you may not be one of the lucky 500 or so that manages to snag a device from their first major production run. Pre registering will allow you to be one of the very first to know about things when June 10th rolls around.
    Good thing TCL/BlackBerry Mobile figured out that a lot of users come here for news, so became a major CrackBerry sponsor. Or maybe they figured that out a long time ago (prior to MWC) and made a deliberate plan to have news delivered here... hmm...
    05-19-17 01:55 PM
    Good thing TCL/BlackBerry Mobile figured out that a lot of users come here for news, so became a major CrackBerry sponsor. Or maybe they figured that out a long time ago (prior to MWC) and made a deliberate plan to have news delivered here... hmm...
    Good thing the humongous fan base here is what kept BlackBerry's hardware division afloat. I mean it was doing so well that BlackBerry couldn't keep up with the demand! It got so out of control that BlackBerry had to bring in outside help because they were drowning in hardware sales that were interfering with their software sales.

So BlackBerry found a partner who could help them out. Being one of the largest (top 10 world wide) in their field, their partner, TCL, was pretty confident it could handle the hardware. Especially with the booming sales that were to be had. BUT, TCL was smart though. You see, TCL went to these forums and were so nice. They even asked people here what they wanted. But that was a problem because due to overwhelming demand, they couldn't keep up with demand. Luckily Steve cleared the air and users here were so happy to hear that TCL was overwhelmed by the demand and that everything would be taken care of.

All's great now that and I'm sure we're all so happy to know that perhaps TCL figured things out and have such a deliberate way to deliver news to such a large world wide audience that is on CrackBerry. I hope you've pre registered too because you'll be one of the first to be alerted about the May 31 announcement on June 10th.
    05-19-17 03:43 PM
    Good thing the humongous fan base here is what kept BlackBerry's hardware division afloat. I mean it was doing so well that BlackBerry couldn't keep up with the demand! It got so out of control that BlackBerry had to bring in outside help because they were drowning in hardware sales that were interfering with their software sales.

So BlackBerry found a partner who could help them out. Being one of the largest (top 10 world wide) in their field, their partner, TCL, was pretty confident it could handle the hardware. Especially with the booming sales that were to be had. BUT, TCL was smart though. You see, TCL went to these forums and were so nice. They even asked people here what they wanted. But that was a problem because due to overwhelming demand, they couldn't keep up with demand. Luckily Steve cleared the air and users here were so happy to hear that TCL was overwhelmed by the demand and that everything would be taken care of.

All's great now that and I'm sure we're all so happy to know that perhaps TCL figured things out and have such a deliberate way to deliver news to such a large world wide audience that is on CrackBerry. I hope you've pre registered too because you'll be one of the first to be alerted about the May 31 announcement on June 10th.
    I did register and got an email yesterday, May 18th, about May 31st sales for the U.S.
    05-19-17 04:07 PM
    If I was all about specs and hype, I would have stayed with my Nexus 6P, or for that matter, upgraded my Priv for an S8, with 0 down, and $100 buy back and a slim speaker, on a two year plan. But I wanted a keyboard, and liked my old Torch, so I traded the Nexus for a Priv. I now want the KEYone, unlocked, for Canadian carriers. I will get it. Oh ye of little faith. ( or am I just delusional.... could be. ) Lets wait and see.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-19-17 04:44 PM
    The life span for a smartphone today should be two years. This device will perform perfectly fine for two years and then some. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the hardware. This device runs incredibly fast.
    Are you coming from the future to post in this thread? How can anyone say that the device will perform OK in 2 years? I have very limited experience in Android but there is something I have noticed... both my PRIV and my DTEK60 were perfect when I used them for the first 3-4 months... after, you could see lag, I guess because the OS isn't good at getting rid of the baggage left behind by deleted apps, plus the processor, plus the RAM, plus the heavier demand of resources by updates and apps... in that department DTEK60 has done a lot better job at keeping up with my work flow, where the PRIV was simply not good enough, not even close... when I read people saying that they device is fast and snappy I always think: after how many months of use? That's the part where I think the device will fall behind, in keep it up after several months of use and / or multitasking... I would love to be wrong though, but time will tell...
    Last edited by gallopiton; 05-19-17 at 05:36 PM.
    05-19-17 04:53 PM
    I did register and got an email yesterday, May 18th, about May 31st sales for the U.S.
    And did they tell you where or who will be selling those devices? Good thing you pre registered because they'll tell you that information sometime in late June probably.
    05-19-17 04:59 PM
    Dual sim is still a thing huh? Traveling for a long period of time overseas allow for multiple carrier? I thought international calling and data was becoming affordable enough to not have to worry about this. I don't travel internationally so just wanting some insight.
    In the States, Verizon wants your home and first born when you travel internationally.
    05-19-17 05:06 PM
    In the States, Verizon wants your home and first born when you travel internationally.
    They offer more reasonable packages on enterprise accounts
    05-19-17 05:42 PM
    They offer more reasonable packages on enterprise accounts
    That's interesting.

A number of years ago, I was able to grab an international or Global plan as they call it for a 3 week trip to Europe. It cost my an extra $30/month which they prorated for the 3 weeks. My friends and I used about 4 gigs of data. That would have cost thousands on the plan I had last summer for 3 weeks.
    05-19-17 09:36 PM
    Repeat after me... "Specs are not everything."

Those modest specs are the reason people are getting 2 days battery life out of it. If you want a OLED screen with a 4K resolution and SD835, look elsewhere. Sure, 4GB RAM would have been nice but from all the videos I have seen of the K1, it seems to be doing just fine with those specs.
    Some will never get it.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 09:50 PM
    And did they tell you where or who will be selling those devices? Good thing you pre registered because they'll tell you that information sometime in late June probably.
    We'll know in 12 days.

I don't plan to be camping out for it and I don't need to have my browser pre-parked on a webpage right now.
    05-19-17 10:38 PM
    Factory unlocked will be available via Amazon in CA on May 31, per BlackBerry Mobile twitter

Can't find the twit , screen shot please
    05-19-17 11:17 PM
    Bell Canada now lists the KeyOne at:

1) $0.00 and $95/mo for 6 MB on 2 yr plan;
    2) $199.00 at $75/mo and 4 MB on 2 yr plan, or;
    3) $699.00 just for the device.

Bell also has a slick video to promote the KeyOne.
    05-19-17 11:33 PM

I see a lot of this stuff. Most of us choose phones based on what makes us most happy and productive individually. I don't give a rat's behind which company sells more phones than another so long as I can buy one that works for me. Blackberry's failures in the smartphone marketplace shows that they didn't have the solution most people wanted. It doesn't prove that they made a bad product.

Betamax was superior to VHS in almost every way, but it still lost convincingly in the marketplace. The same is true of OS/32 and Windows 3.1. Great products fail all the time.

For many of us in the CrackBerry forums, BlackBerry's approach to using a phone to get stuff done at work has been superior to Android and iOS, which is why we used BBOS and/or BB10. Now, some of us are happy that some of that DNA is being injected into the Android ecosystem.

It almost seems like you were trying to gloat that your favorite phone outsold someone else's, but I'm sure you weren't trying to make such a childish point.

I don't care if the products I value are valued by the vast majority of people, so long as there are enough satisfied customers to keep the product viable.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 05-20-17 at 12:17 PM.
    05-20-17 11:58 AM
    I see a lot of this stuff. Most of us choose phones based on what makes us most happy and productive individually. I don't give a rat's behind which company sells more phones than another so long as I can buy one that works for me. Blackberry's failures in the smartphone marketplace shows that they didn't have the solution most people wanted. It doesn't prove that they made a bad product.

Betamax was superior to VHS in almost every way, but it still lost convincingly in the marketplace. The same is true of OS/32 and Windows 3.1. Great products fail all the time.

For many of us in the CrackBerry forums, BlackBerry's approach to using a phone to get stuff done at work has been superior to Android and iOS, which is why we used BBOS and/or BB10. Now, some of us are happy that some of that DNA is being injected into the Android ecosystem.

It almost seems like you were trying to gloat that your favorite phone outsold someone else's, but I'm sure you weren't trying to make such a childish point.

I don't care if the products I value are valued by the vast majority of people, so long as there are enough satisfied customers to keep the product viable.

Ugh, no. My Passport didn't out sell anything.

BlackBerry had the solution people needed. But they squandered it because they couldn't get off their high horse that's why.

The products you value won't be around much if they don't sell enough to make it worth while. TCL isn't inspiring much confidence given they're one of the top 10 largest in the mobile space. Think about that for a while. A company that big yet can't figure out a simple think as communication. It's bad when an Internet forum tells you more about a product than the company that's building, distributing and selling it.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-20-17 01:10 PM
    Most of us choose phones based on what makes us most happy and productive individually.
    You'd think so, but then you find people who claim to be "blackberry forever" but who nonetheless pop right over to Samsung simply because TCL mentioned the phone in February then didn't deliver it right away <gasp!>.

Fickle, I think the term is.
    05-20-17 01:18 PM
    Most of us choose phones based on what makes us most happy and productive individually.
    You'd think so, but then you find people who claim to be "blackberry forever" but who nonetheless pop right over to Samsung simply because TCL mentioned the phone in February then didn't deliver it right away <gasp!>.

05-20-17 01:19 PM

Yeah. You're 100% right. I don't know why I keep trying to attribute rationality to people's choice of smart phone. I'm just projecting my own attitude, I guess.

In 2017 mobile phones are largely just consumer electronics and as much a fashion choice as anything. And for that purpose, almost all are equally useful, so it really doesn't matter which one a consumer buys in terms of "productivity" because that's not what they care about.

Obviously, as someone using a four-year-old BB10 phone, I don't care much about fashion or socializing on my device! I still use a mobile phone the way I did 10 years ago, as a tool to increase my professional effectiveness and, ultimately, my income.

That's why I still have an affinity for BlackBerry's approach to mobile. It matches my needs. Believe me I tried to use iOS back in 2010-11, and I also tried Android in 2015. Nothing would have made me happier than being able to switch, but it wasn't even a close call.

I'm optimistic that the Hub+ suite on Nougat will make it possible to switch. We'll see.

05-20-17 01:54 PM
    TCL isn't inspiring much confidence given they're one of the top 10 largest in the mobile space.
    BlackBerry Mobile is a brand new division of TCL, built from the ground up. Even TCL had little enterprise presence - the market they are now targeting.

It's a good team now, but it's only 5 months in.
    05-20-17 02:13 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile is a brand new division of TCL, built from the ground up. Even TCL had little enterprise presence - the market they are now targeting.

It's a good team now, but it's only 5 months in.
    The CEO made it clear that they are making a long term commitment. Obviously that could change, but I don't think they need or even expect the KEYone to be a huge hit. But they definitely want the KEYone to be a hit with BlackBerry loyalists, since that is the low hanging fruit and the first group they need on board.

05-20-17 02:50 PM
    The CEO made it clear that they are making a long term commitment. Obviously that could change, but I don't think they need or even expect the KEYone to be a huge hit. But they definitely want the KEYone to be a hit with BlackBerry loyalists, since that is the low hanging fruit and the first group they need on board.

Agreed. They are absolutely not hinging the company on this one device. After all of this new infrastructure, they are definitely committing to multiple devices over a period of time.

DTEK60 / Z30
    05-20-17 02:57 PM
152 ... 23456 ...