You guys are crazy. This phone is insanely fast, keyboard is awesome and it's faster than my Priv or my friends Androids/iPhones. Better battery life and better camera.
    Yes keyone is fastest smartphone in the world. Beats iphone 7!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 04:27 PM
    Yes keyone is fastest smartphone in the world. Beats iphone 7!

Posted via CB10
    Haha!

Love your sense of humour. Would love it if it was true... But it's difficult to beat the A10 chip (which is artificially slowed down by Apple BTW).
    05-18-17 07:55 PM
    So did I. Unfortunate for non Rogers customers and those that want Factory Unlocked.
    I bet they wait and do USA and Canada at same time for factory unlocked otherwise the Americans would just order from Canadian site.
    Yeah. I don't want to be tied to the carrier. No info on factory unlocked. Frustrating.
    05-18-17 11:00 PM
    Unlocked phones are completely irrelevant to anyone's use of a phone travelling or not. That's just a preference for not being tied into a contract.
    For me the unlocked phone is important to increase the chances of quicker updates. I've seen posts by Rogers customers here indicating their security updates are behind those of my factory unlocked phone.
    jakie55 likes this.
    05-18-17 11:15 PM
    Another? This is their first launch. Well, attempt at a launch I should say since it's been pre register, silence, launch a couple hundred, some more silence, back to more pre register, then register, then back to pre register. You get the idea. Btw, hurry up and pre register if you haven't already! Lol
    05-18-17 11:38 PM
    Silent launch, no hype, outdated hardware.

I still think price is ridiculous, 679$ CAD for a candybar Priv with relatively same specs and no wireless charging. On top of it, you can't buy it unlocked so all those "business men" will have to pay additional 50$ to unlock at launch.

Launch date has been a complete fail too.

First it was April, then it was May 5th, now push all the way down to May 31st which you know it means you getting one second week of June.

What's worse is that DTEK 60 with much better specs is priced lower around 590$ CAD during sales.

TCL seems to have caught the contagion of failure from Blackberry.

I will keep my Priv for now.
    Yep, you're having a moan.

All's right in my world, and neither the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, nor its release is out of proportion with ordinary every day life.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    05-18-17 11:45 PM
    "Doing just fine" isn't exactly promising for longevity.

Legacy BlackBerry devices were great at "doing just fine" and couldn't compete on software because of hardware limitations.

App redraws, slow Device Search, and general lag can only get worse as the software demands better hardware as time goes on.
    Exactly!

I must say this website is one of the few where I have found people who are okay with the phone being "just fine" despite paying top dollar for it.

They think about NOW and not how the device will be in a year's time when it has to be updated to a new OS version.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    05-18-17 11:49 PM
    Just to reassure everyone, I put the KEYᵒⁿᵉ right beside my dtek60, and did a whole bunch of speed tests. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ was just as fast if not slightly faster then the dtek60. I tried navigating the ux, moving in and out of apps, loading big games, etc.

There will be absolutely no issues with performance.
    Are both the DTEK60 and KEYone running the same Android version?
    05-18-17 11:50 PM
    Are both the DTEK60 and KEYone running the same Android version?
    Dtek60 is on marshmallow
    05-18-17 11:53 PM
    Dtek60 is on marshmallow
    Oh my word! A speedtest comparison between DTEK60 and KEYone is useless then, as Nougat brought major performance gains over Marshmallow, lol.

A DTEK60 on Nougat would be truly amazing. BB and TCL are really not doing the DTEK60's hardware any justice, what a waste of a good device.
    05-19-17 12:01 AM
    Oh my word! A speedtest comparison between DTEK60 and KEYone is useless then.
    Not really. People who know how the DTEK60 currently performs now have a good idea how the KEYᵒⁿᵉ performs.
    05-19-17 12:12 AM
    So sad. I was impatient and already bought iPhone 7 plus.
    And you've posted in this thread to tell us, lol.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-19-17 12:38 AM
    And you've posted in this thread to tell us, lol.
    I am asking everyone to be patient and wait for Keyone. Don't make a mistake like I did! Keyone destroys iphone 7 plus in every single category!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-19-17 12:58 AM
    I am asking everyone to be patient and wait for Keyone. Don't make a mistake like I did! Keyone destroys iphone 7 plus in every single category!
    Good to hear ������
    05-19-17 01:03 AM
    Yeah. I don't want to be tied to the carrier. No info on factory unlocked. Frustrating.
    Factory unlocked will be available via Amazon in CA on May 31, per BlackBerry Mobile twitter

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-19-17 05:12 AM
    That's a bold statement.... with nothing to back it up.

Resale value?
    Benchmarks?
    Apps - while Android has most every app, they aren't equal, ask any SnapChat user?
    Camera? iPhone7 Plus just can't be beat?
    Visible Screen size?

KEYone is a niche device that will serve PKB lovers better than any other option on the market. And in some categories it will beat other devices - like battery life. Some here may place more value on the KEYones features than on those offered by an iPhone or iPhone Plus....
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-19-17 09:02 AM
    Basically same specs as my moto z play droid. I find it fine. Is the PKB worth $150 more? I imagine it is for some. As for a launch, does bb even have those anymore?
    05-19-17 09:20 AM
    Basically same specs as my moto z play droid. I find it fine. Is the PKB worth $150 more? I imagine it is for some. As for a launch, does bb even have those anymore?
    Keyboard, BlackBerry security, the Pixel camera, monthly updates, battery life, and a free subscription to the BlackBerry App suite. $150 seems fair.
    Last edited by conite; 05-19-17 at 10:00 AM.
    bluetroll likes this.
    05-19-17 09:25 AM
    Another? This is their first launch. Well, attempt at a launch I should say since it's been pre register, silence, launch a couple hundred, some more silence, back to more pre register, then register, then back to pre register. You get the idea. Btw, hurry up and pre register if you haven't already! Lol
    I'm not sure where the disconnect is, but it's been stated many times quite clearly that it'll be on sale May 31 in NA, long ago, many times... I don't know, maybe you're right and they have been silent and I just have psychic powers? I'm not sure...
    05-19-17 09:28 AM
    Keyboard, BlackBerry security, the Pixel camera, monthly updates, and a free subscription to the BlackBerry App suite. $150 seems fair.
    For sure. Esp the updates
    05-19-17 09:28 AM
    the PKB adds more value, the battery life and knowing the OS is secured by Blackberry are other reasons that it beats Moto z
    05-19-17 09:29 AM
    the PKB adds more value, the battery life and knowing the OS is secured by Blackberry are other reasons that it beats Moto z
    Oh. You'll love the battery life. Should be better than the moto as the battery is bigger I think. Plus the smaller screen. Should last for 3 or 4 days.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 05-19-17 at 09:54 AM.
    05-19-17 09:31 AM
    I don't know it seems like a good phone and I will go after it when it hits verizon but remember BlackBerry always have had bad launches even back in the old days when they were number one and if anything I will defiantly get it to replace my Classic because I can't work with it anymore since the OS is outdated and my Priv recently broke. BlackBerry is at least looking to the future while still preserving a very important feature from the past

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 09:33 AM
    I'm not sure where the disconnect is, but it's been stated many times quite clearly that it'll be on sale May 31 in NA, long ago, many times... I don't know, maybe you're right and they have been silent and I just have psychic powers? I'm not sure...
    How'd that pre registering go for you? With your psychic powers, you'd have known it was a waste of time since they went silent and people only found out about things here.
    So, did you pre register again like they suggested? Because you know, when May 31 comes around they'll be sure to email you where you can actually purchase it because you know, you can't rely on Internet fan sites to communicate better than the actual company making, distributing and selling the device.
    Did I forget to advise you to hurry up and pre register? TCL's been ramping up production to meet that unprecedented demand so you may not be one of the lucky 500 or so that manages to snag a device from their first major production run. Pre registering will allow you to be one of the very first to know about things when June 10th rolls around.
    Cobra-Commander and hjc73734 like this.
    05-19-17 10:04 AM
    With blackberry's poor device and launch history I will take the wait and see approach before I purchase. I want to physically try one first and see how others make out. I picked up the S8 plus last night and by far the fastest phone to date no lag and it's faster than my iPhone 7 plus.
    05-19-17 10:48 AM
152 12345 ...