Silent launch, no hype, outdated hardware.

I still think price is ridiculous, 679$ CAD for a candybar Priv with relatively same specs and no wireless charging. On top of it, you can't buy it unlocked so all those "business men" will have to pay additional 50$ to unlock at launch.

Launch date has been a complete fail too.

First it was April, then it was May 5th, now push all the way down to May 31st which you know it means you getting one second week of June.

What's worse is that DTEK 60 with much better specs is priced lower around 590$ CAD during sales.

TCL seems to have caught the contagion of failure from Blackberry.

I will keep my Priv for now.
    All hardware is outdated.

Use the KeyONE and be sure to let us know what you think, then.
    05-18-17 12:06 PM
    Just to reassure everyone, I put the KEYᵒⁿᵉ right beside my dtek60, and did a whole bunch of speed tests. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ was just as fast if not slightly faster then the dtek60. I tried navigating the ux, moving in and out of apps, loading big games, etc.

There will be absolutely no issues with performance.

From my experience I don't think the KeyONE is quite a snappy as the DTEK60, but it's far from being significantly slower.
    05-18-17 12:08 PM
    Silent launch, no hype, outdated hardware.

I still think price is ridiculous, 679$ CAD for a candybar Priv with relatively same specs and no wireless charging. On top of it, you can't buy it unlocked so all those "business men" will have to pay additional 50$ to unlock at launch.

Launch date has been a complete fail too.

First it was April, then it was May 5th, now push all the way down to May 31st which you know it means you getting one second week of June.

What's worse is that DTEK 60 with much better specs is priced lower around 590$ CAD during sales.

TCL seems to have caught the contagion of failure from Blackberry.

I will keep my Priv for now.
    I guarantee if you hold the device in your hand, you will completely change your tune. It's that good.
    05-18-17 12:09 PM
    LOL at this post. "Business Men" don't need to unlock the phones because we don't care, work pays for my plan and I pay for the device so I don't really care if Bell could offer me $10 lower a month or Koodo or whatever other carrier deals are out there I'm sticking with Rogers because I don't care what the monthly price is, it's paid for

Why would you buy a device and spend $50 just to unlock it? Doesn't make sense as it's not going to be a true unlocked device.
    You got it. Enterprise customers just get handed a phone and away you go. They're probably the last people to want/need an unlocked device.
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-18-17 12:10 PM
    From my experience I don't think the KeyONE is quite a snappy as the DTEK60, but it's far from being significantly slower.
    I spent about 15 minutes with the two devices side by side. I cleared the caches, switched the animation speeds to 0.5x, and rebooted before I began.

The DTEK60 would probably pull ahead if you have a lot going on at the same time, but with navigating the UX, and going in and out of single apps, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ never fell behind.
    05-18-17 12:15 PM
    I see the title to this thread and can't help but think of this:

05-18-17 01:41 PM
    Uhhhh no, they don't have the same OS version. Second, 4GB ram does make a difference if you have lots of stuff open and 3 you didn't show us what "speed test" you talking about.

This is like saying my Toyota Corolla and my Ferrari doing fine at 60km/h
    cribble2k likes this.
    05-18-17 01:45 PM
    I guarantee if you hold the device in your hand, you will completely change your tune. It's that good.
    I guarantee you it won't be any different than Priv since both has relatively same weight and clunkiness.

Tiresome to hold with one hand and that weight can be felt in your pocket. If they wanted to make a candy bar keyboard phone why break the mold? Stick to the damn bold design.

Lightweight and small form factor is what made it appealing.
    05-18-17 01:51 PM
    You got it. Enterprise customers just get handed a phone and away you go. They're probably the last people to want/need an unlocked device.
    I think there's sometimes confusion here between enterprise and small businesses.

Where I work (a large enterprise), when we want a phone we go to a branded site maintained by Verizon that has our approved phones on it. You put one in the cart, you submit the order, and the next day the phone is at your desk (or your admin's). It's all set up. We don't get choices and we cannot use unlocked phones.

If you need to travel internationally you add that option at checkout and VZ adds our international roaming agreement to that phone.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-18-17 01:51 PM
    Uhhhh no, they don't have the same OS version. Second, 4GB ram does make a difference if you have lots of stuff open and 3 you didn't show us what "speed test" you talking about.

This is like saying my Toyota Corolla and my Ferrari doing fine at 60km/h
    I'm not sure you even read my posts. I was very clear on what real life speed comparisons I did, and was also very clear about what would likely happen if you try to do many things at once.

Don't forget that the 625/835 is a generation ahead of the 617/820, and there is a lot more to a SoC than just clock speed.

It's easy to slam a device that you haven't even used.
    05-18-17 01:55 PM
    I guarantee you it won't be any different than Priv since both has relatively same weight and clunkiness.

Tiresome to hold with one hand and that weight can be felt in your pocket. If they wanted to make a candy bar keyboard phone why break the mold? Stick to the damn bold design.

Lightweight and small form factor is what made it appealing.

Speed test link:

What do you say about this?
    It's your so called Toyota against a Ferrari.
    Dual Sim is not needed if you have a good plan but I think battery would be important if you travel a lot. Apparently not to you .
    Unlocked phones are completely irrelevant to anyone's use of a phone travelling or not. That's just a preference for not being tied into a contract.
    05-18-17 02:12 PM
    So sad. I was impatient and already bought iPhone 7 plus.
    05-18-17 03:15 PM
    So sad. I was impatient and already bought iPhone 7 plus.
    Agreed. So sad you didn't wait the extra month.
    05-18-17 03:16 PM
    Agreed. So sad you didn't wait the extra month.
    I am not worried. Keyone will be available next two years at least. I just sell my iPhone 7 plus when I am bore again and buy keyone lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 03:32 PM
    Speed test link:

Dual Sim is not needed if you have a good plan but I think battery would be important if you travel a lot. Apparently not to you .
    Unlocked phones are completely irrelevant to anyone's use of a phone travelling or not. That's just a preference for not being tied into a contract.

This was more interesting comparison, pretty much Key One advantage is only the battery. Seems like the same performance as the Priv, maybe slightly faster because of newer OS version.

What is definitely apparent is the garbage screen quality of KeyOne vs Priv higher resolution and better color. Also notice the author of video states he can type faster on Priv keyboard, lol!
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    05-18-17 03:35 PM
    Speed test link:

How awesome are the sounds that emanate from the K1? Old school notification sounds, love it!
    05-18-17 03:42 PM
    This is the best Blackberry I have owned, so it's not a disaster.

The problem is WHY can't we order one direct from BlackBerry or even Crackberry unlocked from carrier?
    05-18-17 03:44 PM

What is definitely apparent is the garbage screen quality of KeyOne vs Priv higher resolution and better color. Also notice the author of video states he can type faster on Priv keyboard, lol!
    Again, you need to have one in your hand before you judge. The screen is very sharp and bright. Very similar to Passport.

This reviewer tried the keyboard once. As you well know, it takes time to learn a new one. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ has a much better quality keyboard than the Priv. There is no comparison.
    05-18-17 03:44 PM
    Because this website doesn't understand how specs matter long term.

They're of the same mindset that made Lazaridis laugh at the iPhone. There's no reason that toys and tools need to be mutually exclusive.
    The life span for a smartphone today should be two years. This device will perform perfectly fine for two years and then some. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the hardware. This device runs incredibly fast.
    05-18-17 03:48 PM

This was more interesting comparison, pretty much Key One advantage is only the battery. Seems like the same performance as the Priv, maybe slightly faster because of newer OS version.

Ah yes, denial that KEYone is as fast as a current S8. Have you even held a KEYone? It is really bright! It is obvious that you haven't.
    I had the Priv for 6 months and KEYone is above and beyond the Priv in every way. No dual SIM in PRIV either so you can't bash KEYone and defend Priv at same time.
    05-18-17 03:51 PM
    The life span for a smartphone today should be two years. This device will perform perfectly fine for two years and then some. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the hardware. This device runs incredibly fast.
    Save your thumbs. You'll never convince the people who want to believe they ha e the fastest phone with the most RAM because the specs of their devices are affect their perception of their own self-worth.

I know a lawyer who paid an extra thousand dollars for a Surface Pro because he had to have the top of the line device when all he ever uses is the Web browser and MS Word. When I asked him why he muttered something about it lasting longer, when he simply won't ever use the extra processing power or SSD.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-18-17 03:55 PM
    The iphone got along well and was snappier than any other android devices with 2x more the ram.

Agree with others, hardware and software optimization is ideal even with low specs. However this is android, thus k1 with future os upgrades can easily go the other way. And not towards speed.
    05-18-17 04:01 PM
    Ah yes, denial that KEYone is as fast as a current S8. Have you even held a KEYone? It is really bright! It is obvious that you haven't.
    I had the Priv for 6 months and KEYone is above and beyond the Priv in every way. No dual SIM in PRIV either so you can't bash KEYone and defend Priv at same time.
    Keyone is not about the fastest speed. If you want fastest, get oneplus 3t. Oneplus 3t even beat s8 in almost every test too. Keyone is all about keyboard and huge battery!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 04:03 PM

What happened here??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-18-17 04:16 PM
    You guys are crazy. This phone is insanely fast, keyboard is awesome and it's faster than my Priv or my friends Androids/iPhones. Better battery life and better camera.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-18-17 04:20 PM
152 1234 ...