Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew of a dialer that did not revert to the stock dialer when dialing out. I have used Ex dialer and drupe, and they both revert to the stock app.

Anyone know of a method to disable this ?
    06-25-17 11:34 AM
    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew of a dialer that did not revert to the stock dialer when dialing out. I have used Ex dialer and drupe, and they both revert to the stock app.

I'm not sure if you can set Defaults. Main Settings, Apps, find the app and then Default settings.
    06-25-17 12:49 PM

I use exdialer for a few years now and never reverts to stock dialer when dialing out. Look in the settings of exdialer, maybe you missed something and update to the latest version.
    And btw what does "dialing out" actually mean?

LE: Just choose to always use exdiler not just once and you should always have exdialer as your main dialer app.
    06-25-17 12:52 PM
    Thanks for the info!

By dialing out I guess I meant the UI screen. I'll be able to use ex dialer to punch in the number etc. But once I hit send the call is moved over to the stock dialer's in call screen I guess you'd call it. Sorry not great with explaining it.
    06-25-17 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the info!

By dialing out I guess I meant the UI screen. I'll be able to use ex dialer to punch in the number etc. But once I hit send the call is moved over to the stock dialer's in call screen I guess you'd call it. Sorry not great with explaining it.
    For all the years I used exdialer, I never ever saw anything else aside from the stock in call screen because as far as I can tell, it doesn't have that so when you call and you see the screen it's from the default android dialer app.
    I'm not sure, but I can't remember other apps having the option to change this screen or having their own alternative, but I may be mistaken.
    Either way what bugs you so much about that screen? It's clean, fast and very responsive, I don't see why you need an alternative.
    06-26-17 12:29 PM
    From my experience I have found the stock dialer laggy. Photos that have been assigned to contacts do not show regularly and the default setting to go to favorite contacts as opposed to recent calls is a bit annoying, I also find the display pictures make it hard not to accidentally dial someone one, I think having the option to set whether it calls directly or opens the contact card would be awesome.
    06-26-17 03:30 PM
    Thanks for the info!

Settings --> Apps --> tap on Cog icon on upper right corner --> Phone App --> select dialer of your choice

My favorite is the Google Pixel/Nexus Dialer.. It's not on play store so I had to get it from APKMirror.. and it has to be the "non-nexus" modified version for it to work on your device.

I like it because it has "Swipe up" to answer
    06-26-17 06:46 PM
    I'm not a fan of the stock dialer..for a reason most of you will laugh. I constantly hit th mute button when I'm talking on the phone so I would also like to find a different dialer.

I'm unable to locate the Pixel dialer on API mirror.com unfortunately.
    06-26-17 07:09 PM
    Much appreciated! This UI is much cleaner! Now if I could only get the phone to open on the recent contacts vs Favs it would be perfect!! Lol 😁 Thank you @supertom #Thegreed
    06-26-17 07:33 PM
    I'm not a fan of the stock dialer..for a reason most of you will laugh. I constantly hit th mute button when I'm talking on the phone so I would also like to find a different dialer.

I'm unable to locate the Pixel dialer on API mirror.com unfortunately.
    The convenience button mutes the phone on the pixel dialer as well...
    06-26-17 07:44 PM
    I'm trying out exdialer now which seems pretty good. One thing is there a setting change so the incoming call fills the screen? At the moment, like the stock dialer I can only see the half screen notification in order to reply? I must be missing something....

I use exdialer for a few years now and never reverts to stock dialer when dialing out. Look in the settings of exdialer, maybe you missed something and update to the latest version.
    And btw what does "dialing out" actually mean?

LE: Just choose to always use exdiler not just once and you should always have exdialer as your main dialer app.
    06-27-17 10:51 AM
    I'm trying out exdialer now which seems pretty good. One thing is there a setting change so the incoming call fills the screen? At the moment, like the stock dialer I can only see the half screen notification in order to reply? I must be missing something....
    No, there is no setting like that. In the past other dialers had this king of setting but since I haven't tried any other dialer in a few good years I don't know if other apps have this option.
    exdialer doesn't replace entirely the stock dialer as you still get the stock android screens in some situations, like the one mentioned above. Overall exdialer is pretty fast and slick, I like it a lot and I wish that the stock dialer would have half the customization this app has.
    06-28-17 01:51 AM
    Coming from BB10 the Android Dialer is horrendous. I tried using TrueCaller and had to uninstall it. I just recently instead ExDialer so far so good. But with ExDialer is there away to keep the Dialpad screen on all the time? Right now it would go split screen but if scroll through the call list, it would remove the Dialpad screen.
    06-28-17 04:26 AM
    Coming from BB10 the Android Dialer is horrendous. I tried using TrueCaller and had to uninstall it. I just recently instead ExDialer so far so good. But with ExDialer is there away to keep the Dialpad screen on all the time? Right now it would go split screen but if scroll through the call list, it would remove the Dialpad screen.
    Are you serious? BB10 dialer is pure and utter vomit and crap, epic, epic fail dialer.
    Now coming back to exdialer, there is an option similar to what you want, go to preferences >> behavior >> and check pop-up dialpad, this will always bring up dialpad when you open the dialer. Related to having it always opened, try to scroll through calls using the keyboard
    06-29-17 09:07 AM
    I have to agree with him, coming from bb10, android dialer /contacts interface/theme, is a mess , made by amateurs.
    08-22-17 07:39 PM