The phone looks and sounds fantastic but we haven't seen any 7.x updates to any of the blackberries out there currently. You can't root the phones so there isn't a backdoor option so we have to rely on blackberry to update us.

Anyone else have similar concerns?

Edit: sorry should say software update issues.
    02-25-17 03:22 PM
    The phone looks and sounds fantastic but we haven't seen any 7.x updates to any of the blackberries out there currently. You can't root the phones so there isn't a backdoor option so we have to rely on blackberry to update us.

Not really, because they are a software company, and while M took a while to get to us Priv owners, once it got here it's been fine.

I've got a security update every month like clockwork.
    02-25-17 03:24 PM
    Not really, because they are a software company, and while M took a while to get to us Priv owners, once it got here it's been fine.

I've got a security update every month like clockwork.
    But how long do you think blackberry will keep updating their phones? Do you expect the priv to ever see 7.x?
    02-25-17 03:27 PM
    But how long do you think blackberry will keep updating their phones? Do you expect the priv to ever see 7.x?
    BlackBerry has stated to the media that the PRIV, DTek 50&60 will receive nougat. There's absolutely no reason for them not to. So just like marshmallow, we'll have to wait a little longer. It'll come, my guess would be sometime in May.
    02-25-17 03:31 PM

I like the fact it can't be rooted. And I'm perfectly fine with MM. If Nougat comes it'll be a bonus but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't come.
    02-25-17 03:34 PM