Thinking about getting the new KeyONE, but wondering how easy it will be to move all my data-contacts, calendar, etc. from my beloved 9790? Also-thanks to QuickLaunch, I can do most everything on my 9790 with at most two keypresses. Will the KeyONE have similar ease? I know there are keyboard shortcuts, but anything similar to QL?
    03-11-17 07:48 PM
    There is a content transfer app available for OS7 which will help you with this. I am not sure what it will transfer over to Androids though. You may like to go into BBW to check out what it does.
    I used it to transfer contacts to BB10. Did not try other stuff as I needed contacts only. And did not try OS7 to Androids.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-11-17 10:25 PM
    Their is also an Android version of Content Transfer app but it may not allow you to import data backups.
    03-11-17 11:10 PM
    You may need to buy an app that can export your current phone's data to .csv or an Excel friendly format. Then importing the data into Android would be simple.
    03-12-17 06:02 AM
    The android content transfer app can handle imports from os7. Only thing i don't like about it, is that there's no way to link it to a cloud account once it's imported.

My recommendation: sync the data (contacts, calendar) to a Google account on your 9790, then login to that Google account on your KeyONE, which will in turn load up that data.
    03-12-17 10:37 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like it could be a bit bumpy, but may be worth it in the end.
    03-12-17 02:03 PM
    Thinking about getting the new KeyONE, but wondering how easy it will be to move all my data-contacts, calendar, etc. from my beloved 9790? Also-thanks to QuickLaunch, I can do most everything on my 9790 with at most two keypresses. Will the KeyONE have similar ease? I know there are keyboard shortcuts, but anything similar to QL?
    You can kiss keyboard shortcuts goodbye. Modern OS don't have that at all. Luckily desktop Windows still has it.
    03-12-17 03:35 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like it could be a bit bumpy, but may be worth it in the end.
    It's not too bad at all actually. The only thing i would be concerned about is contacts and with that you have a couple options. You can use blue tooth to transfer them or better yet, Export them as a vcf file on your existing device or sd card. That file can be moved over to your existing new device by content transfer, sd card, or drag and drop from PC and simply imported into your contacts app on the KEYone. As for calendar, that should be tied to an email so as soon as you set that email up on new device, it should populate.
    03-12-17 03:41 PM
    I used Gmail for calendar, contacts, and email, and it was easy to transfer from BBOS 7. (I went from 7 to BB10, and from there to Android, a few years later. Once I signed onto the google account, it auto populated. I suspect the same could be done with Outlook.com.
    03-14-17 01:19 AM
    The BlackBerry content transfer app was recently updated with UI improvements, stability fixes.

And coming from 9790 can move OS7 content to android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.easymigrate

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 05:48 AM