Anyone know if these apps sync across devices?

Also I'm having problems adding my Gmail account to tasks, is it possible? I only have local phone as an option.

I want to add tasks and then sync them to my calendar so I can get reminders across all my phones...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-05-16 10:13 AM
    Managing tasks through Gmail is quite limited. Google Keep is a good solution to sync tasks and notes for Gmail across devices, and it does include calendar reminders. It's free on Google Play at
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.keep&hl=en

The best Android app I've found for syncing tasks and notes with Exchange (if you need it) is called "Tasks & Notes for MS Exchange" from developer UniqTex.

Not only does it display multiple Task categories in two way synchronization with Exchange, but also displays Notes synced to Exchange from Outlook. Some other user friendly features I found with this app were the capacity of supporting multiple Exchange accounts, flexible settings for reminder notifications and alerts, and combined account or individual folder management, including sort options by group, due date, or creation date, among others.

Here is the link if you'd like to research it further. Download at your own risk, but so far so good on this one!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...os.inote&hl=en
    09-05-16 10:33 AM
    Just share each note to Keep... it's not as good a Reminder, but...

09-05-16 10:56 PM
    I wonder if the functionality of BB10 reminder will be brought to Notes & Tasks in the near future....

09-06-16 10:27 AM
    I just had the same question yesterday and found TickTick. It seems to cover all my requirements (syncing about different platforms, have multiple reminders per task, etc).
    Just take a look at it

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 02:18 PM
    I made a free outlook.com account just for task syncing and its been working like a charm*. It syncs from outlook.com, outlook desktop app, blackberry tasks app on android and blackberry 10.

*Lately (past week, have been doing this for months) I have been getting some timezone discrepancies (tasks showing up as 1-2 days early, I date all my tasks) on my priv, but otherwise smooth sailing.
    09-06-16 09:33 PM
    I made a free outlook.com account just for task syncing and its been working like a charm*. It syncs from outlook.com, outlook desktop app, blackberry tasks app on android and blackberry 10.

*Lately (past week, have been doing this for months) I have been getting some timezone discrepancies (tasks showing up as 1-2 days early, I date all my tasks) on my priv, but otherwise smooth sailing.
    Did you notice that outlook.com has tasks but no notes? Office365 with desktop outlook does have notes, however.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    09-09-16 12:14 AM
    On my Priv, using Outlook.com I can sync both tasks and notes but can only sync tasks on my non BB Androids (android) phone
    10-02-16 07:57 AM
    I'm confused. My primary email address is an outlook.com address. The Hub+ Tasks app recognizes the account, but when I create a task, it doesn't appear in the Calendar. I've used the "Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange" app in the past, and it works well, but since I now have a Hub+ subscription I thought I'd try to do it all with Hub+. So far, it's not working.

As an experiment, I re-installed "Tasks and Notes for MS Exchange". The task I created in Hub+ Tasks appears in "Tasks and Notes" and then in Hub+ Calendar. This makes no sense to me at all. Shouldn't any task created in Hub+ Tasks be visible in Hub+ Calendar, or am I misunderstanding something basic?
    10-04-16 08:12 AM
    Bump.
    I'm still not able to create tasks with Hub+ Tasks and have them appear in Hub+ Calendar--unless I also have Tasks & Notes for MS Exchange installed, in which case tasks created with Hub+ Tasks appear in Tasks & Notes and also in Hub+ Calendar. This makes no sense to me at all. Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work?
    10-07-16 10:11 AM
    Bump.
    I'm still not able to create tasks with Hub+ Tasks and have them appear in Hub+ Calendar--unless I also have Tasks & Notes for MS Exchange installed, in which case tasks created with Hub+ Tasks appear in Tasks & Notes and also in Hub+ Calendar. This makes no sense to me at all. Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work?
    BlackBerry and many non Microsoft email/calendaring systems treat tasks as non calendar items as they are not appointment items that span points of time and have ambiguous date information so don't really fit properly without making assumptions. Instead they are treated as dated list items with optional alarms to remind of completion.
    It would be nice if alarms for tasks were noted as blip on calendar though.

ubizmo likes this.
    10-12-16 01:13 AM
    BlackBerry and many non Microsoft email/calendaring systems treat tasks as non calendar items as they are not appointment items that span points of time and have ambiguous date information so don't really fit properly without making assumptions. Instead they are treated as dated list items with optional alarms to remind of completion.
    It would be nice if alarms for tasks were noted as blip on calendar though.

But tasks do appear on the BlackBerry (Hub+) Calendar, as long as they are put there by some app other than Hub+ Tasks. That's the strange thing. If I create a task with Hub+ Tasks it doesn't appear in the calendar. If I create the task using Tasks & Notes for MS Exchange, it does.

And here's the really strange thing: If I create a task with Hub+ Tasks and then open Tasks & Notes for MS Exchange and sync it, the task I created in Hub+ Tasks will appear in Tasks & Notes, and in Hub+ Calendar. It's as if Tasks & Notes somehow "sees" the task and passes it along to Hub+ Calendar. But if I don't do that, or if I uninstall Tasks & Notes, that task I created in Hub+ Tasks will never make it to Hub+ Calendar.

Tasks & Notes for MS Exchange is a nice app, and I don't mind using it. It makes Hub+ Tasks redundant. But since I'm paying for a Hub+ subscription, I'd prefer to have Hub+ handle everything.

Note: As I look at it, I see that Tasks & Notes is listed in Hub+ Calendar as a separate account. I didn't manually put it there. However it got there, that explains why Tasks & Notes entries appear in Hub+ Calendar. It doesn't explain why Hub+ Tasks don't appear, or why Hub+ Tasks somehow get synced to Tasks & Notes and then appear.
    10-12-16 07:52 AM
    Hub+ tasks and Hub+ notes sync both items as standard matching tasks and notes to account via activesync protocol.
    tasks&notes also syncs theses items via activesync, but integrates tasks into calendar view on android which is a feature specific to that app, not something done via standard activesync.

ubizmo likes this.
    10-12-16 08:47 AM
    Aha! Thank you for that explanation. For the time being, then, Tasks & Notes is the more useful app for my usage, at least until BlackBerry improves their app.

But I'll keep it around to watch for an update.
    10-12-16 05:06 PM
    Aha! Thank you for that explanation. For the time being, then, Tasks & Notes is the more useful app for my usage, at least until BlackBerry improves their app.

But I'll keep it around to watch for an update.
    NP, though it's unlikely they will ever add that feature. I assume Notes&Tasks creates its own local unsynchronized calendar for entering these items because adding them to a synced calendar would create a mess.

10-12-16 11:09 PM
    NP, though it's unlikely they will ever add that feature. I assume Notes&Tasks creates its own local unsynchronized calendar for entering these items because adding them to a synced calendar would create a mess.
    But it does add them to a synced calendar. Here are two screenshots:

Tasks and Notes app-screenshot_20161013-070638.jpgTasks and Notes app-screenshot_20161013-070717.jpg

As you can see, "Tasks & Notes" appears as an account in Hub+ Calendar, and a task appears in Agenda view. This particular task (the "JCS Review due" task) was created with the "Tasks & Notes" app. It also appears in the Outlook.com web app "Tasks". The same thing would happen if I created the task using Hub+ Tasks, but only if the "Tasks & Notes" app is also present; otherwise it just stays local in the app. So somehow the task is making it to a synced calendar, even when created in Hub+ Tasks, but "Tasks & Notes" is doing the heavy lifting.
    10-13-16 08:35 AM
    And you've answers your own point without realizing it.

tasks&notes is a local calendar, only on the device, and only managed by the app. It is not synced and attached to your email account itself
    What you are looking at is an all accounts overview of your calendars. If you choose that account, it will only display those items, and if you choose your outlook calendar, the tasks will disappear.

ubizmo likes this.
    10-13-16 04:32 PM
    What you are looking at is an all accounts overview of your calendars. If you choose that account, it will only display those items, and if you choose your outlook calendar, the tasks will disappear.
    That can't be right, because the tasks created in Tasks & Notes also appear in the Outlook.com web app. That web app is itself fairly new. Previously, you could only see tasks in the Outlook.com calendar web app by choosing "task view"; now they've split it off into a separate app, but it's still synced to the same calendar account. I didn't have to do anything.

Tasks & Notes is synced to my Outlook.com account, and the sync works pretty much instantly. If I delete a task in Tasks & Notes, it's gone from the web app (and from Hub+ calendar) within a minute or so.

Now, the Hub+ Tasks app has a hamburger menu that opens a panel that shows Accounts. There I find "Local Tasks" and "Live", which is the name of my Outlook.com email account. If I create a new task and save it to "Live" it should be synced to the Outlook.com account, else what is the point?
    10-14-16 08:46 AM
    That can't be right, because the tasks created in Tasks & Notes also appear in the Outlook.com web app. That web app is itself fairly new. Previously, you could only see tasks in the Outlook.com calendar web app by choosing "task view"; now they've split it off into a separate app, but it's still synced to the same calendar account. I didn't have to do anything.

Tasks & Notes is synced to my Outlook.com account, and the sync works pretty much instantly. If I delete a task in Tasks & Notes, it's gone from the web app (and from Hub+ calendar) within a minute or so.

Now, the Hub+ Tasks app has a hamburger menu that opens a panel that shows Accounts. There I find "Local Tasks" and "Live", which is the name of my Outlook.com email account. If I create a new task and save it to "Live" it should be synced to the Outlook.com account, else what is the point?
    You are still missing the point, syncing tasks and notes are a feature of the activesync protocol. Both the BB hub+ apps and Tasks&Notes app support syncing these with outlook.com as their standard items.
    What Tasks&Notes also does is creates its own Local calendar on the device and displays these tasks into that calendar to provide you with task views within your calendar. Current versions of Activesync itself does not support tasks within the calendar, so if they actually copied those tasks into your synced calendar, it would create new appointments instead with the same names and information.
    Expand your Tasks&Notes calendar under accounts and uncheck it so that it doesn't display in main overlay calendar on device and those Tasks will disappear.
    That specific Tasks&Notes calendar itself has ZERO to do with syncing to your outlook.com itself, it is simply a bonus extra feature provided by Tasks&Notes app when it syncs the tasks and notes themselves using activesync.

Are we clear now?
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-14-16 10:34 AM
    You are still missing the point, syncing tasks and notes are a feature of the activesync protocol. Both the BB hub+ apps and Tasks&Notes app support syncing these with outlook.com as their standard items.
    What Tasks&Notes also does is creates its own Local calendar on the device and displays these tasks into that calendar to provide you with task views within your calendar. Current versions of Activesync itself does not support tasks within the calendar, so if they actually copied those tasks into your synced calendar, it would create new appointments instead with the same names and information.
    Expand your Tasks&Notes calendar under accounts and uncheck it so that it doesn't display in main overlay calendar on device and those Tasks will disappear.
    That specific Tasks&Notes calendar itself has ZERO to do with syncing to your outlook.com itself, it is simply a bonus extra feature provided by Tasks&Notes app when it syncs the tasks and notes themselves using activesync.

Are we clear now?
    Nope. The two statements in red seem to me to be contradictory.

The "activesync protocol", as I (mis?)understand it, is a process or mechanism that syncs content--email, calendar, contacts, tasks--on outlook.com with content on some other entity, such as a mobile device. So activesync is the "how", not the "what". So, when I edit a contact in Hub+ contacts, that change is eventually mirrored in the outlook.com web app for contacts. The same is true for regular calendar entries. This is all accomplished via activesync.

So far, so good?

My understanding is, or was, that tasks should be synced in the same way. Indeed, if I go to the outlook.com web app Tasks and create a new task, within seconds it appears in the Tasks & Notes app, and in fact also in Hub+ Tasks. If I delete that task using either app on my phone, it disappears from the outlook.com web app as well. Again, as I understand it, that's activesync working.

So I don't understand it can be true that either app (Tasks & Notes or Hub+ Tasks) use activesync to sync their content and also true that Tasks & Notes (and presumably Hub+ Tasks) has zero to do with syncing with outlook.com.

My presenting problem is that while the other Hub+ apps--Email, Contacts, Calendar--sync perfectly with the outlook.com web apps, Tasks does not, unless the Tasks & Notes app is also installed.

I realize you're probably exasperated at this point by my inability to grasp some obvious point. I appreciate the time you've take to explain this and don't expect you to keep at it. So let me just ask this question: If I uninstall Tasks & Notes from my phone, should I even expect Hub+ Tasks content to sync with the outlook.com web app for tasks?
    10-14-16 11:47 AM
    Nope. The two statements in red seem to me to be contradictory.
    So I don't understand it can be true that either app (Tasks & Notes or Hub+ Tasks) use activesync to sync their content and also true that Tasks & Notes (and presumably Hub+ Tasks) has zero to do with syncing with outlook.com.

My presenting problem is that while the other Hub+ apps--Email, Contacts, Calendar--sync perfectly with the outlook.com web apps, Tasks does not, unless the Tasks & Notes app is also installed.

I realize you're probably exasperated at this point by my inability to grasp some obvious point. I appreciate the time you've take to explain this and don't expect you to keep at it. So let me just ask this question: If I uninstall Tasks & Notes from my phone, should I even expect Hub+ Tasks content to sync with the outlook.com web app for tasks?
    I just tested with my old hotmail account using my PRIV. Outlook task does indeed sync with the BB Hub+ Tasks app.
    It does NOT, nor will it show up in my calendar. These only show up in the matching Tasks app.

Having activesync tasks show up in your calendar is a feature only provided by Tasks&Notes
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-14-16 03:07 PM
    Having activesync tasks show up in your calendar is a feature only provided by Tasks&Notes
    I tested again, with both Hub+ Tasks and Tasks & Notes installed. I created a task on Hub+ Tasks. It took a while, but that task eventually appeared on the outlook.com web app and in the Tasks & Notes Android app, and in Hub+ Calendar. So, putting the pieces together from this conversation, I gather what happened is: The task started in Hub+ Tasks, then was synced to outlook.com Tasks, then was synced back to Tasks & Notes on my phone, and from there was placed in the calendar. So if I take T&N out of the loop, the tasks I create in Hub+ tasks sync to outlook.com Tasks, but that's the end of it. That's why tasks only appear in the calendar if T&N is installed, even though they are created with Hub+ Tasks or outlook.com Tasks.

And if I've finally understood the process, this is why T&N is the superior app, since it has a very useful feature that Hub+ Tasks lacks. To me it's regrettable that the Hub+ Calendar widget will display tasks, but for them to appear in it another tasks app has to be present. And I'm also finding that I can't yet uninstall the aCalendar app, just because the widget is more useful (not to mention visually modifiable) than the Hub+ Calendar widget. But that's for another thread.
    10-15-16 02:28 PM
    I tested again, with both Hub+ Tasks and Tasks & Notes installed. I created a task on Hub+ Tasks. It took a while, but that task eventually appeared on the outlook.com web app and in the Tasks & Notes Android app, and in Hub+ Calendar. So, putting the pieces together from this conversation, I gather what happened is: The task started in Hub+ Tasks, then was synced to outlook.com Tasks, then was synced back to Tasks & Notes on my phone, and from there was placed in the calendar. So if I take T&N out of the loop, the tasks I create in Hub+ tasks sync to outlook.com Tasks, but that's the end of it. That's why tasks only appear in the calendar if T&N is installed, even though they are created with Hub+ Tasks or outlook.com Tasks.

And if I've finally understood the process, this is why T&N is the superior app, since it has a very useful feature that Hub+ Tasks lacks. To me it's regrettable that the Hub+ Calendar widget will display tasks, but for them to appear in it another tasks app has to be present. And I'm also finding that I can't yet uninstall the aCalendar app, just because the widget is more useful (not to mention visually modifiable) than the Hub+ Calendar widget. But that's for another thread.
    Now you got it

10-15-16 03:39 PM
    I've been following this thread with interest because I'm a little disappointed with BlackBerry calendar in the Priv too.

Not sure why they can't make the Hub+ calendar show tasks while the BB10 calendar does. See screen photo of my Passport, tasks in blue from Outlook.com.

Maybe it's a work in progress for the Hub� calendar. Or maybe there's a setting we haven't found yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Tasks and Notes app-4434.jpg  
    10-15-16 09:05 PM
    I've been following this thread with interest because I'm a little disappointed with BlackBerry calendar in the Priv too.

Not sure why they can't make the Hub+ calendar show tasks while the BB10 calendar does. See screen photo of my Passport, tasks in blue from Outlook.com.

Maybe it's a work in progress for the Hub� calendar. Or maybe there's a setting we haven't found yet.
    It does? I'll have to double check that. If so this definitely moves from feature request to bug

10-16-16 08:51 AM
37 12