I'm not impressed with the Hub+
    This is on Samsung S7.
    First of all I can't swipe left to right to access the hub.( if you know how to enable that let me know)
    But the point of this thread is about SMS app.
    I downloaded the Google messenger app for sms.
    So I'm in the hub and I opened text message. I read the message but I now can't backspace to the hub like I can from email.
    Is there another app that works better?
    02-01-17 03:41 PM
    I have it on S7 too....good luck with the swipe left / right gesture to reveal the Hub; this feature is in BB10 but I have yet to see anyone with an Android replicating the same unless they are using the widget and expand it on the entire screen which is not as nearly as good as the real thing...

As for the SMS, the only application that allow backing right into Hub is the native SMS application of the S7; all the rest, including WhatsApp and many other Hub integrated applications that merely show incoming items on Hub will not back straight into it, rather back into their own main app page. In order for that to happen the app developers will have to create some code to enable backing into Hub whenever accessed from it, something we can only dream of at the moment...
    02-01-17 03:54 PM
    All of the things you posted about is currently available for it.

Long press on a blank space on your homescreen to edit it. Add the Hub widget to your left-most screen and make the second screen your "home" screen.

For me (I'm using Samsung S5) I will open a text message in hub and when I tap the "Back" button, i go back to hub, just like it does on email. I'm not sure why it doesn't for you. But i AM using the stock samsung texting app simply because it has a dark theme. If google messenger had dark theme i would use that as it is a little bit faster.
    02-01-17 03:55 PM
    All of the things you posted about is currently available for it.

Long press on a blank space on your homescreen to edit it. Add the Hub widget to your left-most screen and make the second screen your "home" screen.

For me (I'm using Samsung S5) I will open a text message in hub and when I tap the "Back" button, i go back to hub, just like it does on email. I'm not sure why it doesn't for you. But i AM using the stock samsung texting app simply because it has a dark theme. If google messenger had dark theme i would use that as it is a little bit faster.
    I like the stock app. I just tried it and yes it does go back into the hub, but one thing I'm suspicious about is in the "more settings". There a check box about deleting all the text messages past 1000. When I imported my texts from my z10 using sms backup I had 21k. They go all the way back to 2013. I don't want to lose all of that
    02-01-17 06:46 PM
    Google messenger App does go back to the hub in one press. Press the system nav button and not the in app back button in the top left.
    Wezard likes this.
    02-01-17 06:56 PM
    I dont follow, whats the system nav button?
    02-01-17 09:43 PM
    Google messenger App does go back to the hub in one press. Press the system nav button and not the in app back button in the top left.
    Where?
    The only thing I see in the upper left is an arrow, and when I press it I go to the messenger app, and not the hub.
    02-02-17 07:22 AM
    Where?
    The only thing I see in the upper left is an arrow, and when I press it I go to the messenger app, and not the hub.
    Yes that's the one not to press because it won't take you back to Hub (by design).

Press the back button that is on your Samsung device.
    zephyr613 and Wezard like this.
    02-02-17 09:12 AM
    Yes that's the one not to press because it won't take you back to Hub (by design).

Really nice to see you still helping out people.
    Thank you so much for all you have done

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    zephyr613 and 00stryder like this.
    02-02-17 09:34 AM
    Use Yaata instead of Google Messenger, it backs into the hub properly and seems more Hub friendly all around.
    Wezard likes this.
    02-02-17 01:02 PM

Ahh I see now. After 4 years on BB10 I'm not used to clicking on a button.
    02-02-17 02:16 PM
    Use Yaata instead of Google Messenger, it backs into the hub properly and seems more Hub friendly all around.
    Additionally Yaata is great. I'll pay for the pro version soon just to support the Dev.
    Rodney Wilder and Wezard like this.
    02-05-17 09:12 PM
    Or Textra. Working well in the Hub, too.
    00stryder likes this.
    02-11-17 06:11 AM
    Or Textra. Working well in the Hub, too.
    The notifications dont work in the hub but other than that I agree, textra works well.
    02-11-17 07:26 AM
    The notifications dont work in the hub but other than that I agree, textra works well.
    To an extent, you can still use the system notification system to get them to show up. New messages aren't highlighted in the Hub though, you are correct.
    02-11-17 07:49 AM
    FYI, new updates to BBM and Textra, notably improved support for message notifications and (for BBM) quick reply support in Nougat. Not able to attach screenshots for some reason (devs, if you're reading, I'm using the CB Forum app for Android) but links below:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbm

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=com.textra
    03-16-17 12:01 AM
    Update: here are the screenshots of the change logs (used the CB app instead)
    Attached Thumbnails SMS for Hub?-80345.jpg  
    03-16-17 12:04 AM
    Textra apparently now now has full Hub integration, Yaata has had it for quite a while now. Both are good apps.
    The Yaata dev is active over on XDA, and pretty responsive, (or at least he used to be, haven't needed any assistance in a long time now).

For what it's worth the Google Messenger app is stock on BlackBerry devices, and has had issues since day 1 on the Priv and subsequent BB Androids.
    03-16-17 07:39 AM