Hello,
    I am not a developer neither a programmer.
    I am using the BB10 OS from the day when appear to november last year, when I switched to a DTEK60.
    One thing that I miss a lot is the Hub acces when swipe right from the homescreen. I set the Hub widget on the page that is on the left from the home page, but this is far away from the BB10 experience. Big difference: it is only a widget, not fullscreen. And it is too slow to enter in the hub app in this way...
    I found a launcher in the App Store with a feature that don't see in any other launchers. To fix an app page on the left side from the home page. And this page is full screen, not a widget. Also without the all apps button in the midle of all screens. Only the back, home, and running apps button remain. And this page is accesible with the right swipe from the home page.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=hu

I think will be fine if Blackberry make this possibility in Blackberry launcher too. What do you think? Is it possible?

And my other missed thing is to return in the Hub mail list from an individual mail. When I am in the mail and swipe right to return in the mail list (back button now). I think a customizable swipe right gestures: in mail list it is ok and when i am in the individual mail to set up what right swipe does. And possibility to set right swipe=back button. Only when I am in the mail page, not mail list page.

What do you think? It is technically possible? Android accept this? Customizable gestures for different pages in an app?

Thanks for your opinions.

Regards,
    02-13-17 10:25 AM
    It's completely possible. Android had swipe gestures baked in before BB10 introduced it. A lot of launchers have customizable gestures, I use Nova Launcher on my Oneplus One. Blackberry developers can certainly create a launcher that functions maybe 95% similar to BB10 launcher. Whether they'll do it, is yet to be seen.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-13-17 05:55 PM
    Yes at some point it should be possible. There's all sorts of gesture based launcher shortcuts available that I don't see why it's not possible. Maybe not the exact same as bb10 but should be somewhat possible.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 06:14 PM
    I use Nova launcher too, and love the gestures, but I don't have the hub as one of them. Since I'm constantly accessing it, I simply leave it open, and always have quick access hitting the app switcher. Usually it's the last used, so just a quick double tap away, for those running Nougat.
    02-13-17 10:42 PM
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    I hope BlackBerry will bring in BlackBerry apps more BB10 customization options. Only option, to make happy BB10 likers and others too.
    02-14-17 06:07 AM
    What do you think, how many employees are maintaining bb's Android Software?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 02:18 AM
    Would love to hear more feedback here on what people would like to see from the Launcher if we were to implement more gestures, and specifically, what would be useful on what I like to refer to as the -1 panel, i.e. swiping in from the left (or perhaps right as an option?).

Please let me know your thoughts!
    BigBadWulf and Event4izon like this.
    02-16-17 08:52 PM
    If I could access the hub exactly the same as in BB10 I think I would pay upwards of $20 for it. If it was somehow always on and you could just peek in... That would be amazing
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-16-17 09:12 PM
    Would love to hear more feedback here on what people would like to see from the Launcher if we were to implement more gestures, and specifically, what would be useful on what I like to refer to as the -1 panel, i.e. swiping in from the left (or perhaps right as an option?).

I think most who came from BB10 including myself would love to have swipe from the left to get to hub. Not sure if a peek type feature could be included but I suppose that could be added / expanded on in the productivity tab.
    02-16-17 09:24 PM

You asked, no reply needed (just some input for the devs):

==Launcher ⭕ ==

* Being able to swap the home/back/appswitcher Nav Bar buttons - perhaps included in future Nougat as enabled Nav Bar tuner:
    https://nexus5.gadgethacks.com/how-t...ttons-0174008/

* Gesture to full screen app switching - I miss this feature from webOS
    Or this android variant of it: /blackberry-priv-f440/priv-task-switcher-recently-used-apps-missing-features-1074418/#post12571433

==Task-Switcher ◻ ==

* As you are in task switcher view you can scroll up/down by capacitive gesture on PKB but can't select an app by e.g. double-tab on pkb. This could be done by highlighting the apps one after the other when scrolling up/down.

* Another feature would be ”left/right" gesture to switch to automatically to next/ previous in list without double tap to select. This would then be nearly a "full swipe for next app" feature like on webOS (with one tap more to open Task-switcher all the time).

* Being able to "force close" apps in taskswitcher view - e.g. long press the "X". So one can really stop a known battery hog easily and not having to go to prefs>apps

* Also PKB typing support would be great there for filtering for appnames before selecting:

Entering "f" would e.g. only present opened apps "Fotos" and "Firefox" .

or for me even better:

* Make "device-search by typing" also be available in Task-Switcher not only on home button.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 02-16-17 at 09:46 PM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-16-17 09:32 PM
    To OP:

You can just swipe up from the square on screen button area quickly from any app window and it opens the Hub.
    What's wrong with that?
    02-16-17 11:02 PM

Definitely mimic bb10 if possible

CB Mod
    02-16-17 11:15 PM
    Boy, if you could combine the depth of customization Nova offers, with the BB10 gestures, y'all would have a huge money maker on your hands!
    02-16-17 11:22 PM
    To OP:

You can just swipe up from the square on screen button area quickly from any app window and it opens the Hub.
    What's wrong with that?
    True, but it just opens the app. If it could always be on as it is in bb10 where you can peek in and close it without lifting your finger... that would be awesome. I'm liking the dtek60, but I can't say its unbelievably better than bb10. It's good. It's fast and runs lots of apps, but it's still the same android mess that it's always been. I definitely think that if all someone does on a phone is email, text and call, nothing touches bb10.
    baldy3577 and seletok like this.
    02-17-17 12:31 AM
    I think most who came from BB10 including myself would love to have swipe from the left to get to hub. Not sure if a peek type feature could be included but I suppose that could be added / expanded on in the productivity tab.
    I'll second the peek feature being the one "launcher" feature that I really miss from BB10 . It was extremely useful when typing an email, BBM, text. I could just peek into the other open app (usually either a PDF or document ) that I was referencing when communicating back and forth with a client, and could reference it quickly without having to go in and out of apps.

Another feature of the BB10 gestures I miss is being able to swipe left to right in an app to go back, instead of having to move my finger to the bottom of the screen, hit back, then carry on. Some apps on Android have the swipe left to right, to go back, feature enabled...others don't. I wish there was a way to make it Android wide.

On the BB10 keyboard, you could hold down the "shift" and hit "enter" to add a line in any app. On my DTEK60 that feature doesn't work in every app. For example in any SMS messaging app it doesn't work (I'm using YAATA at the moment, but tried textra, qksms, and signal). So my workaround in YAATA is to have the enter button add another line....so sometimes after using BBM Enterprise when I go to send a text I forget and don't end up sending a message.
    02-17-17 03:26 AM
    Peek was a great feature as well as swiping to get to hub

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 04:56 AM
    SHIFT+Enter works on PRIV both on VKB and PKB to add a new line, tested in CB-FORUM app and YAATA
    02-17-17 11:12 AM
    SHIFT+Enter works on PRIV both on VKB and PKB to add a new line, tested in CB-FORUM app and YAATA
    Doesn't work in YAATA on DTEK60. It does whatever the enter key is set to do. If I set to send message, and try shift-enter, it just sends the message. Same in textra, signal, and qksms.
    02-17-17 01:52 PM
    There'sa good way to mimic the swipe gesture that opened hub in BB10. Just establish a HUB shortcut as the one on the right hand-side in the swipe shortcuts menu.
    Also, if you decided, like I did, to ditch the BB Launcher for sth smoother (Nova Lnchr in my Priv works like a gem), you can add a bottom->up gesture.

Android, with all it's flaws, is very customizable guys, just be carefull not to overdose
    02-17-17 02:17 PM
    - swipe to right from home screen - > full hub view, show only three commands from the bottom on transparent background.
    - swipe to the right in every app-> back button. When right swipe not have other functions.
    - in hub app in message list view it is ok, but when I'm in individual message (mail or other message): right swipe->back button.
    - swipe down on a free space on screen->show notifications
    02-17-17 02:59 PM
    I did something similar using the free app All in On Gestures
    It's on the Playstore.
    02-17-17 06:19 PM
    I did something similar using the free app All in On Gestures
    It's on the Playstore.
    Sadly this one needs A LOT of permissions, so more standard gestures in launcher for the whole system would be very welcome.
    02-17-17 11:49 PM

Have you seen the implementation of flipboard on samsung launcher?

It is exactly how the hub was on bb10, and exactly how the hub should be on BlackBerry droids.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    02-18-17 01:45 AM
    Have you seen the implementation of flipboard on samsung launcher?

It is exactly how the hub was on bb10, and exactly how the hub should be on BlackBerry droids.
    If I recall correctly that is how the hub is implemented in android n. Seen a video on Twitter about it. So we'll have to wait then
    02-18-17 01:46 AM
    If I recall correctly that is how the hub is implemented in android n. Seen a video on Twitter about it. So we'll have to wait then
    That would be cool, searched all over couldn't find the video you are referring to.

Im posting a YouTube link to show what I mean on how the hub should be integrated in the BlackBerry launcher.

02-18-17 02:35 AM
40 12