I'm on a Samsung Edge S7
    Android Nougat
    Blackberry Hub
    Whatsapp

Have updated Hub, Whatsapp.

When I get a single message from a user, the messages are broken up in to separate items

Username
    Username (2 messages)
    Username (3 messages)
    Username (4 messages)
    Username (5 messages)

as opposed to being combined in the hub like

Username

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
    02-14-17 02:10 PM
    I'm on a Samsung Edge S7
    Android Nougat
    Blackberry Hub
    Whatsapp

Have updated Hub, Whatsapp.

When I get a single message from a user, the messages are broken up in to separate items

Username
    Username (2 messages)
    Username (3 messages)
    Username (4 messages)
    Username (5 messages)

as opposed to being combined in the hub like

Username

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
    That's the issue of the Hub which hasn't been properly solved until now..
    02-15-17 12:23 AM
    I think the issue should be fixed soon, the BB KEYone launches with Nougat and until release the hub experience has to be flawless.
    02-27-17 06:53 AM
    I'm experiencing exactly the same and I hope you're right, @kingofdirt. I'm about to turn off receiving Whatsapp messages in the hub. It's messy and I don't like messy.
    04-03-17 09:27 AM
    @yvpan1, when you say "until now..." does that mean you know of a fix?
    04-03-17 09:29 AM
    I think the issue should be fixed soon, the BB KEYone launches with Nougat and until release the hub experience has to be flawless.
    I have Android N and the UX is the same as it was on M.

When it comes to WhatsApp, much like Instagram as well as other apps, Hub is nothing but a fancy and some say useful notification app. It lists and retain the messages but viewing and attending to the message require leaving Hub entirety, unlike emails which are baked into Hub.

Changing that highly dependent on WhatsApp more than it does on BlackBerry.

I have written about it in another thread and BlackBerry Hub team is aware. Not sure there is much they can do about it without WhatsApp's involvement but bottom line, leaving Hub in order to attend a message is not that much different than attending to it from the notification bar or perhaps even a step or two more therefore I see why users will exclude these apps from Hub, I have done it myself at some point.

Hopefully Hub on Android will evolve with the same BB10 mindset.
    04-03-17 09:56 AM
    I have Android N and the UX is the same as it was on M.
    Well if the issue was not present in Android M with the same versions of the Hub and Whatsapp, the theory is that the Hub and/or Whatsapp's integration with the most recent version of Android, version N, is the cause.
    @RK_BB, are you saying that you do or do not receive multiple Whatsapp messages from the same sender, as described by @imz, in the hub on Android N?
    04-03-17 10:32 AM
    I experienced this issue on Samsung S7 Edge, but not on Priv.
    04-03-17 10:34 AM
    @NG888, S7 Edge runs Android N, right, or is it still on M? Thanks. I'm just trying to understand what might be causing this.
    04-03-17 10:40 AM
    @NG888, S7 Edge runs Android N, right, or is it still on M? Thanks. I'm just trying to understand what might be causing this.
    Correct, S7 is on N.
    Thanks
    04-03-17 10:58 AM
    Well if the issue was not present in Android M with the same versions of the Hub and Whatsapp, the theory is that the Hub and/or Whatsapp's integration with the most recent version of Android, version N, is the cause.
    @RK_BB, are you saying that you do or do not receive multiple Whatsapp messages from the same sender, as described by @imz, in the hub on Android N?
    I may have not expressed myself correctly, my apology.

The point is that Android M or N has nothing to do with how messages appear in Hub. When WhatsApp chat screen is open, messages received will not appear in the notification status bar which directly affect Hub.

Many WhatsApp users assign their keyboard Enter button to Send a message; when doing so, one communication piece (paragraph) is then get set in multiple messages given that the user keep hitting the Enter button as they type.

Now, if the chat window is open these messages will not appear in Hub because they do not appear in the notification status bar but if the chat screen is closed, not only will they appear in Hub but they will appear individually if the sender has their Enter key assigned to Send and they keep hitting it as they communicate.

This setting is configurable in WhatsApp but require the user (sender) to disable it.

Bottom line, this is all WhatsApp behaviour. Not Hub.

I hope that make sense!
    04-03-17 11:23 AM
    @RK_BB, it makes sense that the Hub is not a client for Whatsapp, that it's just a mirror of the notifications. However, if the OS is able to aggregate the messages in the notification bar by sender and the Hub is just a mirror of that, then unless there was an issue in the mirroring between the OS and Hub, there shouldn't be an issue. The issue wouldn't be that the sender has "Enter to send" enabled because, upon receipt, notifications are handled by the client (in this case, the mobile device running Android).

It'll be interesting to see if the KEYone has this same issue or not...
    04-03-17 01:08 PM
    @RK_BB, it makes sense that the Hub is not a client for Whatsapp, that it's just a mirror of the notifications. However, if the OS is able to aggregate the messages in the notification bar by sender and the Hub is just a mirror of that, then unless there was an issue in the mirroring between the OS and Hub, there shouldn't be an issue. The issue wouldn't be that the sender has "Enter to send" enabled because, upon receipt, notifications are handled by the client (in this case, the mobile device running Android).

It'll be interesting to see if the KEYone has this same issue or not...
    Respectfully (not arguing, just sharing my experience / opinion), if WhatsApp chat screen is open (and it can stay open in the background depending on the version of WhatsApp and the type of phone the user has, especially if they use WhatsApp for desktop) then the OS will not aggregate all the messages in the notification status bar. This will of course get reflected in Hub accordingly.

The 'Enter' issue can only 'amplify' the behaviour either way (appear or not appear in Hub) based on the chat screen condition (closed or open) and the sender keep hitting 'Enter' while they attempt to compose one paragraph.

This makes it seem very inconsistent but it actually is pretty consistent in the way Hub and the notification status bar respond to the different conditions of WhatsApp.

Consistent, yes (IMO), efficient, not at all.

I suspect KEYone will behave the same.
    04-03-17 01:20 PM
    Today's new version of BlackBerry Hub+ Services 1.5.1.44322 has a fix for WhatsApp messages appearing separately on Android N. Enjoy!
    Cong Tuan Nguyen likes this.
    04-07-17 03:17 PM
    Today's new version of BlackBerry Hub+ Services 1.5.1.44322 has a fix for WhatsApp messages appearing separately on Android N. Enjoy!
    How about android Marshmallows, good sir?
    04-07-17 07:03 PM
    How about android Marshmallows, good sir?
    It should be good on all versions of Android with Friday's update to BlackBerry Hub+ Services.
    04-09-17 12:50 PM
    It should be good on all versions of Android with Friday's update to BlackBerry Hub+ Services.
    Looking good!

Is displaying sent messages the next step for whatsapp?
    04-09-17 01:42 PM
    Is displaying sent messages the next step for whatsapp?
    I don't think there's a way to do that. We can only show in Hub what other apps expose, and most apps do not expose sent items.
    04-10-17 08:32 AM
    I don't think there's a way to do that. We can only show in Hub what other apps expose, and most apps do not expose sent items.
    Thanks Liam.

Maybe one day...
    04-10-17 07:51 PM
    Maybe we should raise this issue to Google, FB, WhatsApp, Telegram, Kik, LINE and Slack so that they will open the access for sent items to be exposed to the Hub. Anyone wanna raise a petition for that??
    04-25-17 04:49 AM
    Maybe we should raise this issue to Google, FB, WhatsApp, Telegram, Kik, LINE and Slack so that they will open the access for sent items to be exposed to the Hub. Anyone wanna raise a petition for that??
    I would ask them to do much more than just reading sent items.

How about allowing to reply messages from within Hub? Delete messages and have them reflected in the app rather than just deleted in Hub? Mark read / unread?

Basically open an API to allow Hub a much more robust integration.

I will sign that petition in a heart bit, albeit loooong shot....I believe that the likes of WhatsApp won't allow reading from their app for security reasons let alone BB own BBM, while not a threat its the competition....
    04-25-17 10:28 AM
    I would ask them to do much more than just reading sent items.

How about allowing to reply messages from within Hub? Delete messages and have them reflected in the app rather than just deleted in Hub? Mark read / unread?

Basically open an API to allow Hub a much more robust integration.

I will sign that petition in a heart bit, albeit loooong shot....I believe that the likes of WhatsApp won't allow reading from their app for security reasons let alone BB own BBM, while not a threat its the competition....
    Yeah i agree with you on that. Replying to chats straight from the Hub using the Hub's platform, just like BB10 does. It's more important.
    RK_BB likes this.
    04-25-17 06:04 PM