On BB10 voicemail was shown in the HUB which made it very clear when a vm had been left.

Now that I'm using a DTEK60 I find I don't always notice when a vm has been left and I find that annoying.

Am I just missing that feature in Android or is it just not there.
    04-15-17 01:52 PM
    As a prospective KEYone buyer. this is question I'm very interested in. I assume it's a configuration issue, but would like someone to confirm that. It's just doesn't seem possible that Blackberry would have left VMs out of the Hub in Android!
    04-15-17 06:38 PM
    The issue is mainly that few carriers support the native Android VVM built into the standard google android dialer.
    Complain to your carrier about native android vvm support
    04-15-17 06:53 PM
    The issue is mainly that few carriers support the native Android VVM built into the standard google android dialer.
    Complain to your carrier about native android vvm support
    I don't think that's my issue because, according to the sources I've found, T-Mobile supports the native Android vvm.

I'm not using a separate app to listen to vvm I do that in the native Android phone app.

My impression is I'm missing a setting or the Android HUB doesn't support it yet.
    04-15-17 07:13 PM
    Hmm, could be right then and sadly can't test further as Rogers is one that doesn't support native android vvm, and not for technical reasons. It's either a political thing vs Google for some reason, or they are just too lazy.
    Sadly my rep is an iSheep so really isn't helpful.
    I'd open a bug with BlackBerry for you under our corporate account, but as I can't test or confirm anything, not really much I can do.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 08:36 PM
    I asked this not long ago. As far as I can tell BlackBerry just hasn't added it to the hub at all, and android doesn't have a built-in visual voicemail feature like BlackBerry 10 had.

When I called my carrier, Rogers, about it, they said they were working on a new app for it. It's possible you need to download an app from your carrier
    04-16-17 01:29 AM
    I asked this not long ago. As far as I can tell BlackBerry just hasn't added it to the hub at all, and android doesn't have a built-in visual voicemail feature like BlackBerry 10 had.

When I called my carrier, Rogers, about it, they said they were working on a new app for it. It's possible you need to download an app from your carrier
    You're misunderstanding my issue.

I have vvm in the native Android phone app and it works fine with T-Mobile. The problem is there isn't any visual notification that I've received a vvm so I miss the message from time to time.

I'd like the HUB to integrate into the native Android vvm features like it does on BB10 so I don't miss the message.

A splat on the phone icon would work too.
    04-16-17 06:38 AM

You are incorrect, android 6+ does in fact have native VVM, with more core features added in android 7 Nougat

https://source.android.com/devices/t...nfig/voicemail

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 09:17 AM
    You are incorrect, android 6+ does in fact have native VVM, with more core features added in android 7 Nougat

https://source.android.com/devices/t...nfig/voicemail

Posted via CB10
    Wow! I didn't see any mention of it anywhere in the app, what does it look like for you guys?

I can't believe that Rogers somehow decided that BlackBerry 10 was worth configuring vvm for but android was not. Typical moronic Canadian carrier...
    04-16-17 10:27 AM
    AT&T doesn't incorporate the stock vvm so I have to use the att vvm app. It doesn't integrate into hub but does show a red splat on the app and also puts a notification from the top drag down.
    04-16-17 11:28 AM
    Wow! I didn't see any mention of it anywhere in the app, what does it look like for you guys?

I can't believe that Rogers somehow decided that BlackBerry 10 was worth configuring vvm for but android was not. Typical moronic Canadian carrier...
    Well there's 2 sides to this. BlackBerry 10 built this in very early and made it simple for providers to not have to modify much in their existing systems

Google didn't provide any vvm built in until android 6, previous to this they left it up to each provider to develop and test a standalone android app specific to their own system, and test it across multiple android platforms. It would have been a serious headache.
    On the flip side, yes Rogers has been excruciatingly lazy with supporting the native vvm, as are the rest of the cdn carriers from what I can tell. I'm currently fighting with my Rogers corporate rep over this as they have no technical reason to not support it. I'm just unsure how they would deal with all the non standard dialers as I don't how many actually support this outside of the standard Android one
    There's an ongoing years long thread on Rogers forums complaining about it. Apparently part of this is a political fight between Rogers and something Google wants them to do though I didn't look deeply into it. Raise your voice, point your rep to that thread and the android native vvm info.
    http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5...hread-id/33742

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 12:49 PM
    T-Mobile incorporates VVM within the standard phone app. VVM does not show in the Hub, only phone calls. No splat on the phone app or Hub app when a VVM is available. The Android pull down shade does indicate when a new VVM is available (see top left image on screenshot).
    Attached Thumbnails Voicemail in the HUB-37469.jpg  
    04-18-17 01:25 AM

FWIW att had visual vm incorporated in the hub for bb10 too. At least on my Q10. Not on priv though. But I do have factory unlocked with att sim...maybe the att carrier locked version does have it integrated?
    04-19-17 09:08 AM