My full wish list for Hub, some of which was mentioned in the forum in many different posts. I listed it in an order which I think is the easiest to achieve to the most complex. Would love to get your input!
    @LiamQ: I would greatly appreciate your review:

1. Customize the quick action bar at the bottom of an open email message:

At the moment, the only actions available are: Reply, Reply All & Forward. I would like to have the option to customize the bar; for example replace ‘reply all’ with ‘delete’ which will put ‘reply all’ at the top of the email message screen (where the ‘delete’ button is currently at).

Generally speaking, there are more ‘delete’ actions required by users than ‘reply’ and definitely ‘reply all’. This feature will promote one-handed operation as large screens require far thumb finger travel which in some cases is impossible without repositioning the device in the user’s hands.

2. Call & text by gesture directly from the Hub’s call log:

At the moment, the user can press the call log item and dial the number from there. My suggestion is to allow the following gestures:

Swipe Right: Call number
    Swipe Left: Text number

This setting needs to be independent of the custom ‘Swipe Gesture Action’ that is already built in to the app. In other words, this setting needs to only apply for call logs.

3. Improve App Navigation:

Allow the user to move the top app navigation bar to the bottom of the screen or allow moving the menu button to the right in order to promote one handed operation.

Many phones with cases do not respond very well to the edge swipe that reveal the menu of the app (any app for that matter) therefore the only way to reveal the menu is by pressing the menu button which if the users has a large screen is placed too far and unreachable when used with the right hand.

English apps & operating systems are designed with a Left to Right mindset out of the box but it doesn’t have to be that way and does not necessarily correspond to the language used from accessibility & productivity point of view.

Need to minimize thumb / finger travel. See post by @quizm Productivity Tab now separate app - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

4. Long press on a message allow filtering by the Sender / Subject etc:

At the moment, long press on an email message allow the user to delete it, file it or access a menu with array of actions. I would like to see the option to filter or search all messages received from the sender in one click, or all messages with the same subject line much like in BB10.

5. Customize in-message (email) left / right swipe:

Currently swiping left or right inside an email message brings the next or the previous message. Allow customizing the gestures. For example:

Swipe Right: Back to message list
    Swipe Left: Delete message

Credit to @seletok

6. Create Peek View or release Productivity Tab to all Android Phones:

Perhaps this is a launcher feature, not Hub per se. Would like to be able to access the Hub similarly to BB10; the gesture should reveal the Hub with a finger movement to an eventual full app opening and not just open the Hub which will not create the much-desired option to peek at the Hub and release it back to the background.

Preferably, peeking should work from any page (or any open app for that matter) not just from the home page. This most likely will require an edge swipe.

It is important to note that some launchers allow to open apps with gestures; this is hardly the same experience. It provides the ability to open an app with a gesture, not reveal it.

Alternatively, releasing the Productivity Tab to all Android phones will create a close enough UX.

Another option is to fully open Hub when the Productivity Tab is pulled all the way through. That too, will create an experience very close to BB10.

7. Dark Theme for Widget:

Credit to @kyleheney see post in this thread

8. Dark Theme for BBM:

9. Applying Gmail's Primary / Social / Updates filters:

Credit to @CrackBerry Kevin see post in this thread

10. Do Not Disturb button per email account:

Similar to Android OS Do Not Disturb that can automatically expire and resume standard Push or Sync Intervals based on user preset.

This can tremendously reduce battery consumption for email accounts that do not support push.

11. Improve WhatsApp integration:

The reason I bring WhatsApp and not many other apps is because this is one of the largest messaging platforms out there, used by many as their preferred method of communication.

While this will require collaborating with WhatsApp (hence it’s at the bottom of this wish list) the user experience needs to be similar to how Textra works with Hub. Instead of complete app redirection (from which the return to Hub require two presses on the back button) try to tap into WhatsApp’s already built in popup window that allow replying to messages as an overlay.

Alternatively, if the above is too difficult, how about creating a Reply button (or perhaps gesture) that will send the user to the message with the keyboard revealed and ready to type (in the event no physical keyboard exists)?

I would like to see Hub integrate WhatsApp calls as well & allow calling by gesture directly from Hub much like suggested above for the phone’s call log.

12. Allow PKB shortcuts to control Hub and Hub functions

Since the PKB is inevitably taking space it would be much more productive if Hub functions like Delete, Reply, Forward and Send email messages could be controlled with keyboard shortcuts otherwise the user's finger has to travel to the appropriate area of the touchscreen.

This is of course true only for KEYone and even more so for PRIV given the device become much taller when the keyboard is extended.

13. Pin call log entries to the top of the list! That way the user can have their favorite numbers easily accessible from the top from which they can call or text without needing to look for them in the log.

Sincerely and respectfully submitted,

A hopeful BB crackhead….
    Last edited by RK_BB; 10-03-17 at 08:24 PM.
    03-24-17 12:03 PM
    Good thread!!

I look forward to reading everyone's replies.

I have one big one: Applying Gmail's Primary / Social / Updates filters. I use Google Apps for business, so live in Gmail. I get a TON of emails a day. Gmail is really smart at filtering out emails so only important things show up for me on my Primary Email tab. That means I can ignore the other tabs all day long and catch up on them a few times a week when I have time. When I use the hub, I still get every email in chronological order. If those Gmail filters could somehow magically work in the Hub it would be that much better for me.

(Love Dark Theme!)
    RK_BB, BigBadWulf, AmritD and 1 others like this.
    03-24-17 12:19 PM
    Good suggestions! Hope to see this in future updates!
    RK_BB likes this.
    03-24-17 12:28 PM
    Perhaps a good way to go would be to open such features to paying subscribers while leaving some behind for non-paying users.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-24-17 01:52 PM
    BUMP:

Hoping to get some input from the community. What do you all think? The more we populate this thread the better chance we have for @LiamQ & his BB team to perhaps give some of these suggestions a fair consideration!

We even have @CrackBerry Kevin here

Thanks guys!
    aha likes this.
    03-25-17 10:09 PM
    Textra is the best SMS app I've used on my Priv. It opens as a pop-up when you're in other apps and if you click the toast notification at the top of the screen, the conversation will open on top of the app you're in. You can set it to dismiss the pop up window/app after you've sent your message. In the Hub, you can click an SMS conversation, the Textra conversation opens, then you can swipe back to close the conversation and return to the Hub. All communications apps should work like this... BlackBerry should figure out how to do this for emails, BBM, etc on Android and implement it asap. Really improves the UI. Just sucks that it's only texts that it works for.
    RK_BB likes this.
    03-26-17 06:18 PM
    Textra is the best SMS app I've used on my Priv. It opens as a pop-up when you're in other apps and if you click the toast notification at the top of the screen, the conversation will open on top of the app you're in. You can set it to dismiss the pop up window/app after you've sent your message. In the Hub, you can click an SMS conversation, the Textra conversation opens, then you can swipe back to close the conversation and return to the Hub. All communications apps should work like this... BlackBerry should figure out how to do this for emails, BBM, etc on Android and implement it asap. Really improves the UI. Just sucks that it's only texts that it works for.
    I cannot agree with you more! That said, Textra was brilliantly designed to work as you described while any other communication app I know simply takes over the entire screen which makes it inefficient to go back to Hub after a reply is sent or a message was read...

Other than BBM and emails which is obviously designed by BB, this type of UX is completely dependant on the app developers all of which are unfortunately not necessarily designed with productivity in mind...
    03-26-17 07:13 PM
    Great list! I would also like to see options to turn off the Gmail App notifications/disable the Gmail app altogether during the Hub set up. I didn't find it very user friendly to have to look up how to do that through settings after the account was added to Hub.

As op stated, better WhatsApp integration - namely with Sent messages showing in the Hub - should definitely be a priority.

Also, the on screen keyboard on my Priv seems to get very sluggish when using the default Google sms app. I realise this is not Hub related, but just something else that came to mind while thinking about the overall messaging experience.

Posted via CB10 
    RK_BB likes this.
    03-26-17 08:44 PM
    Change email sync times based on office hours, etc. I have an email account that isn't push/automatic, so it needs to sync. I have it set to sync every 5 minutes, which can result in less battery life than if it didn't sync as often. During office hours, I don't need it to sync as often, since I'm at my desk, so it could be configured to allow it to be changed (programmatically) to sync less often, if not at all, during my office hours. It's not something everyone would make use of, but it's one of those features that businesses might appreciate and it significantly improves battery life throughout the day. Having a setting to turn off (or decrease) email sync during office hours would be sweet
    Last edited by kyleheney; 03-27-17 at 06:30 PM.
    RK_BB and KD07 like this.
    03-27-17 05:59 PM
    Dark theme Hub widget for consistency. And BBM dark theme. Very inconsistent moving between Hub Dark and BBM bright theme
    RK_BB likes this.
    03-27-17 06:05 PM
    Calendar appointments, when selected from the Hub widget, don't open as Calendar appointments and just appear as emails. This is more of a bug than a feature request
    RK_BB likes this.
    03-27-17 06:06 PM
    Change email sync times based on office hours, etc. I have an email account that isn't push/automatic, so it needs to sync. I have it set to sync every 5 minutes, which can result in less battery life than if it didn't sync as often. During office hours, I don't need it to sync as often, since I'm at my desk, so it could be configured to allow it to be changed (programmatically) to sync less often, if not at all, during my office hours. It's not something everyone would make use of, but it's one of those features that businesses might appreciate and it significantly improves battery life throughout the day. Having a setting to turn off (or decrease) email sync during office hours would be sweet
    So if I read you correctly, what you are looking for is basically a 'Do Not Disturb' toggle per email account. Correct?
    03-27-17 08:06 PM
    Dark theme Hub widget for consistency. And BBM dark theme. Very inconsistent moving between Hub Dark and BBM bright theme
    Absolutely! I added your suggestion to the main post so that BB programmers will see it. (Credit was given accordingly.)
    03-27-17 08:13 PM
    So if I read you correctly, what you are looking for is basically a 'Do Not Disturb' toggle per email account. Correct?
    I guess sort of. But if it can be a setting that can automatically reduce sync time based on time of day, it could allow emails to still sync, but less frequently ... thus saving battery
    03-27-17 08:16 PM
    Good thread!!

I look forward to reading everyone's replies.

I have one big one: Applying Gmail's Primary / Social / Updates filters. I use Google Apps for business, so live in Gmail. I get a TON of emails a day. Gmail is really smart at filtering out emails so only important things show up for me on my Primary Email tab. That means I can ignore the other tabs all day long and catch up on them a few times a week when I have time. When I use the hub, I still get every email in chronological order. If those Gmail filters could somehow magically work in the Hub it would be that much better for me.

(Love Dark Theme!)
    Thank you @CrackBerry Kevin I added your suggestion to the main post
    03-27-17 08:17 PM
    I guess sort of. But if it can be a setting that can automatically reduce sync time based on time of day, it could allow emails to still sync, but less frequently ... thus saving battery
    Excellent idea! Added to the post.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-27-17 08:25 PM
    Seems to be a bug with BBM and the Mate 9, that causes the Hub to lose it's connection to BBM. This happens over and over, and seems limited to that phone, at least of the Android's I have tried and I HAVE tried a few. Lets get that fixed!
    RK_BB likes this.
    03-27-17 10:12 PM
    +1

Recently started using Textra. Boy have I been missing out. I finally get a bit of that BB10 feel back. It works even better than BBM. Wish BlackBerry can continue improving their fluidity of their apps.

It's tragic to see BB10 is dying. BB10 was ahead of its time.
    RK_BB likes this.
    03-27-17 10:20 PM
    Seems to be a bug with BBM and the Mate 9, that causes the Hub to lose it's connection to BBM. This happens over and over, and seems limited to that phone, at least of the Android's I have tried and I HAVE tried a few. Lets get that fixed!
    So if I understand correctly, Hub stops displaying BBM messages but if the user goes to the BBM app then new messages shows. Correct?

Also, are you receiving Android notifications for these messages that do not appear in Hub? These notifications are crucial for Android Hub functionality. Without these, no messages will ever show in Hub.
    03-27-17 10:28 PM
    So if I understand correctly, Hub stops displaying BBM messages but if the user goes to the BBM app then new messages shows. Correct?

Also, are you receiving Android notifications for these messages that do not appear in Hub? These notifications are crucial for Android Hub functionality. Without these, no messages will ever show in Hub.
    Strange bug, yes the hub stops displaying new BBM messages, they still come in but the hub doesn't get them. You need to open BBM to see them. Now if you go to the HUB and toggle BBM as a "connected" app off then back on then the BBM messages appear briefly but then after a few hours they are gone again.
    03-27-17 10:32 PM
    When I am in the message, mail in hub, will be fine the customizable left to right gesture. I prefer to set like back button instead of previous or next message.
    Like in BB10
    RK_BB likes this.
    03-28-17 02:55 AM
    When I am in the message, mail in hub, will be fine the customizable left to right gesture. I prefer to set like back button instead of previous or next message.
    Like in BB10
    Love it! Added to the list.
    03-28-17 11:39 AM
    Love it! Added to the list.

It would be good for Crackberry to maintain a clear list and we could somehow vote on priorities. These are good ideas that will help the hub to be the best yet.

I don't like the idea of changing the reply/reply all/ forward bar... I use these all the time.

I also don't think paying customers who don't buy the hub should get a different product. But I would pay for functional addins... like a filemanager or even a different tool bar etc.

I like Kevin's suggestion on priorities.. Bb10 hub had a priority function although I didn't use it.. I don't trust priority systems too much since my mail is scattered by source, and important mail can come through at any time.

The overall issue is to get knowledgeable input on how to improve the hub.
    RK_BB and KD07 like this.
    03-28-17 02:29 PM
    It would be good for Crackberry to maintain a clear list and we could somehow vote on priorities. These are good ideas that will help the hub to be the best yet.

I don't like the idea of changing the reply/reply all/ forward bar... I use these all the time.

I also don't think paying customers who don't buy the hub should get a different product. But I would pay for functional addins... like a filemanager or even a different tool bar etc.

I like Kevin's suggestion on priorities.. Bb10 hub had a priority function although I didn't use it.. I don't trust priority systems too much since my mail is scattered by source, and important mail can come through at any time.

The overall issue is to get knowledgeable input on how to improve the hub.
    I completely agree on maintaining an official list; that's why I keep adding items to the main post so that BB will have one place to see it all.

It would be excellent to have a voting poll, I am not sure how it can get done....perhaps the forum managers can assist if they think it's a good idea.

As for the 'reply/reply all/ forward bar', maybe the post is not clear enough; my intention to allow the user to customize the bar (for example replace 'reply all' with 'delete'), not redesign it with different action buttons.

Like you said, knowledgeable input on how to improve the hub is key. Hoping to get as much input as possible here and keep updating the main post so we can have a clear delivery to BB.
    03-28-17 03:40 PM
    Dark theme Hub widget should ship in May.

Keep the ideas coming! We do listen. The dark theme Hub widget is one that we heard loud and clear when dark theme was first released.
    RK_BB, kyleheney and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-28-17 05:19 PM
433 123 ...