The ones of you who use Textra as their SMS application you know that when accessing a text message from Hub a window will pop allowing the user to read, reply and send. Short of fully integrating SMS into Hub, much like emails work this is a very productive solution, what BlackBerry is all about.

This window essentially works the same as WhatsApp pop up notification display, a feature that can be enabled / disabled from within WhatsApp settings.

How difficult would that be for BlackBerry programers to create the same experience with WhatsApp?
    03-04-17 01:26 AM
    I guess it would be up to WA devs, not BB devs
    delanyinspiron6400 likes this.
    03-04-17 04:49 PM
    Why would you think so? The function is accessed from Hub, not the other way around.

With all do respect (massive!) to BlackBerry programers we can't expect WhatsApp programers to put any energy in that direction...

Textra is a smaller business than WhatsApp therefore I can see them collaborating with BlackBerry but WhatsApp??

I still think that it is perhaps possible to tap into the Quick Reply window pop up to allow better integration.
    03-05-17 11:03 AM
    Why would you think so? The function is accessed from Hub, not the other way around.
    BlackBerry can only do this from the Hub of the application being accessed allows it.
    03-05-17 04:24 PM
    Well then BlackBerry please send in a request to WhatsApp!
    03-05-17 05:03 PM
    Well then BlackBerry please send in a request to WhatsApp!
    You could try contacting the developers of both applications from the Play Store. Might be more effective.
    03-06-17 03:43 PM
    Done! I sent it in only to BlackBerry.....I find it hard to believe that WhatsApp will even give a small user the time of day....
    03-06-17 08:37 PM
    I'd expect this to come with Nougat notifications which allows for native quick reply functions. Read the KEYOne full reviews next month to see whats to come.
    03-06-17 09:25 PM
    I am already on Nougat with my Samsung Galaxy S7.

I have had Hub when my phone was operating on Marshmallow and there is no change.
    03-07-17 02:16 AM
    Hub is not optimized for Nougat outside of the version for KEYOne. Once BB Android devices get Nougat the Hub will be updated as well.
    03-07-17 02:31 AM
    There is a WA rep here on the forum, just search for the whatsapp threads also in BB10. dkonigsberg_wa is the username.
    03-08-17 03:37 AM
    @gizmo21 done! Let's hope they give it the time of day.

Thank you!
    03-08-17 04:34 PM

With all do respect (massive!) to BlackBerry programers we can't expect WhatsApp programers to put any energy in that direction...

Textra is a smaller business than WhatsApp therefore I can see them collaborating with BlackBerry but WhatsApp??

I still think that it is perhaps possible to tap into the Quick Reply window pop up to allow better integration.
    Completely wrong. The reason that textra works that way is because it is designed to by the textra developer. Respond to a message from the notification tray and you will see it pops up the same way it doesn't when responding in the hub. In fact, it's actually in the textra settings as an option.
    Whatsapp is not set up the same way so it isnt something BlackBerry can do.
    03-08-17 04:41 PM
    Well then let's hope the WA rep will see my PM.
    03-08-17 04:56 PM
    Completely wrong. The reason that textra works that way is because it is designed to by the textra developer. Respond to a message from the notification tray and you will see it pops up the same way it doesn't when responding in the hub. In fact, it's actually in the textra settings as an option.
    Whatsapp is not set up the same way so it isnt something BlackBerry can do.
    After messing around with WA I can totally see what you are saying! It's definitely a WA thing, nothing to do with Hub...

Textra was designed a certain way and in fact works with the pop up screen even when it's accessed from the notification pull down menu.

Regardless of Hub, Textra's design flow is so much better than any other messaging app I have seen on Android. It allows the user to read, reply and dismiss the window in a very BB10-esque manner.

Until there is a better WA integration (which I am sure at some point BB people will get to), perhaps the best experience is to simply move most text communication to Textra...
    03-17-17 11:19 PM
    Hope whatsapp will integrate better with the hub too.
    03-18-17 01:23 PM