Dear Blackberry employees in Crackberry forum,

Can you please shed some light on the full integration of the likes whatsapp and viber to the hub?

You said one that it's depending on wa and viber on whether to give you some api or not. I just want to know if you actually contacted them about it, and what did they say... In general, I just want to know if a full integration is possible in the future or not and if yes, then is it a near future or far.

Still using the hub and loving it. Just need something to marketing this to my colleagues.

Regards

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-18-16 12:31 AM
    (moved to the BlackBerry-Android forum)
    09-18-16 12:55 AM
    It is doubtful that you'll get full integration of any apps that are not built by BlackBerry. This is Android, not a BlackBerry OS, so app developers are not by virtue going to build BlackBerry Hub integration code into their apps, as they are building them for Android, not BlackBerry.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    09-20-16 11:40 AM
    What do you mean by full integration. I have whatsapp in the hub and get my messages there.

09-20-16 12:01 PM
    It all depends on how popular the BlackBerry Hub on android gets to be

09-20-16 01:15 PM
    What do you mean by full integration. I have whatsapp in the hub and get my messages there.

What I mean by full integration is, when responding to, and opening a notification in the hub, you're only opening up an extension in the hub, and not the app itself, like is done in BlackBerry 🔟.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    09-21-16 11:28 AM

You only see the reply from the other party is it true?

09-21-16 11:30 AM
    Like Facebook messanger

HA! I got a Priv
    09-21-16 11:35 AM
    You only see the reply from the other party is it true?

I actually rarely use whatsapp except for the odd message here and there so haven't really noticed to be honest. I will watch for that and let you know.

09-21-16 11:40 AM
    Just recall that c_bryant34 mentioned that he had a nice talk with the gentle peoples at wa...

09-26-16 01:19 AM
    Agreed, but I think it is not enough to be popular. One of the issues with Hub / Hub+ is that we are trying to access core objects (messages, media snippets, etc.) in an application that is out of context and not controlled by the service providers.

Look at Facebook for example. They are trying to make you use the FB app and only the FB app. They are building in a full fledged browser, instant articles, etc. The last thing they'd like to see with Messenger is you leaving the blue thing when looking at messages and have no visibility on time spent on individual activities, collecting stats, opening links outside, etc. And now also think about ad / subscription revenue that is floating to BBRY instead of them.

This is the reason why I am bit a sceptical about the availability of (major) 3rd party messages and notifications via the Hub....
    Hub has to give these operators some incentives to open up their platforms for BlackBerry. (Access to a niche subscription base but with more purchasing power, etc. Don't know, just trying to guess how to make it an option for them.)
    09-27-16 03:03 AM