Like many here, I have been a bb addict pretty much since inception. At some point, for obvious reasons I had no choice but to move over to the dark side and ended up compromising on Android....

I never stopped following bb hoping that things will one day come back to form. Well, I was thrilled when bb issued their Android apps and devices, things are looking up!

Looking up, but not fully baked folks. There is still a lot of work to be done here and I truly think that bb programers at this point should LISTEN to us, their loyal group of people that may very well be the key for a successful returns to form!

Things like gesture, Hub peeking, WhatsApp integration and many other items that people discuss here to what seems to be deaf ears....

I decided to contact Kevin and offer some of these suggestions, at least have them channeled through him but there was no response, over email or Instagram...

How do we all become more effective here? I am starting to feel that posts are repetitive and often times end nowhere...
    Last edited by RK_BB; 03-17-17 at 02:04 PM.
    03-17-17 01:15 PM
    Like many here, I have been a bb addict pretty much since inception. At sone point, for obvious reasons I had no choice but to move over to the dark side and ended up compromising on Android....

I never stopped following bb hoping that things will one day come back to form. Well, I was thrilled when bb issued their Android apps and devices, things are looking up!

Looking up, but not fully baked folks. There is still a lot of work to be done here and I truly think that bb programers at this point should LISTEN to us, their loyal group of people that may very well be the key for a successful returns to form!

Things like gesture, Hub peeking, WhatsApp integration and many other items that people discuss here to what seems to be death ears....

I decided to contact Kevin and offer some of these suggestions, at least have them channeled through him but there was no response, over email or Instagram...

How do we all become more effective here? I am starting to feel that posts are repetitive and often times end nowhere...
    Posting in the forums and engaging the community is the best way to get attention.

I'm sure Kevin gets a lot of messages throughout the day, I wouldn't take it personally.
    03-17-17 01:24 PM
    There are a number of BlackBerry Developers spending some time here. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...forum-1103064/

But most of the things you listed have been asked for and asked for..... And too there is only so much that can be done with the resources that BlackBerry has. And some applications can't be added to the HUB without the applications developers adding the ability for that to be done.
    03-17-17 01:27 PM
    There are a number of BlackBerry Developers spending some time here. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...forum-1103064/

But most of the things you listed have been asked for and asked for..... And too there is only so much that can be done with the resources that BlackBerry has. And some applications can't be added to the HUB without the applications developers adding the ability for that to be done.
    03-17-17 01:27 PM
    Posting in the forums and engaging the community is the best way to get attention.

I'm sure Kevin gets a lot of messages throughout the day, I wouldn't take it personally.
    Not taking it personally, for sure. I understand how busy Kevin is. I am just looking for a more effective way for all of us to get our point across.

I would accept NO as answer, or perhaps IN DEVELOPMENT but what I am having hard time with is complete ignore.
    03-17-17 02:06 PM
    You realize Kevin doesn't work for BlackBerry? He doesn't decide on anything that goes on there. He can surely talk to someone there but BlackBerry already has its own people on these forums anyway.

Not to mention what you're suggesting has already been mentioned time and time again all over the forums.
    03-17-17 02:29 PM
    You realize Kevin doesn't work for BlackBerry? He doesn't decide on anything that goes on there. He can surely talk to someone there but BlackBerry already has its own people on these forums anyway.

Not to mention what you're suggesting has already been mentioned time and time again all over the forums.
    It has, you are right! But are they reading it? Are they paying attention? I reckon they should!
    03-17-17 02:51 PM
    I definitely agree with you! I've mentioned it before that I would love to see a roadmap of what's being worked on and when to expect whatever new features are coming, but it seems BlackBerry is still unsure of it themselves...
    03-17-17 02:53 PM
    I definitely agree with you! I've mentioned it before that I would love to see a roadmap of what's being worked on and when to expect whatever new features are coming, but it seems BlackBerry is still unsure of it themselves...
    Thank you for getting my point. I may sound 'upset' in my post but I am not. All I am looking for is for bb to open their ears to their loyal following so that they can have a successful return.

At this point, bb needs raving customers, not just happy or satisfied customers. Raving! Customers that will be so happy they will do their part in helping bb make sales and stay in business in a sustainable way.

Keep posting requests? No problem at all. Glad to be doing it but how hard is it for bb marketing team to respond to these repetitive posts in an official manner? The most successful companies work very hard to understand the consumer of their product and bb should be doing the same because I sorry, but like everybody, they simply don't know it all however they have a chance to be better by LISTENING.
    03-17-17 03:15 PM
    how to get Kevin's attention... mmmmmm... dancing naked in front of his house will do the trick...
    03-17-17 03:24 PM
    how to get Kevin's attention... mmmmmm... dancing naked in front of his house will do the trick...
    Love bb. But not that much....
    03-17-17 03:45 PM
    Those of us working for BlackBerry are pretty swamped. There is so much that we'd like to do, but only so much time. We don't have as many people available to help as we once did.

I try hard each day to make the BlackBerry Hub+ Suite better. My day-to-day priorities will often change based on the feedback that we get from users. It can be difficult to choose which big feature to tackle next, and sometimes we get bogged down with the smaller improvements and bug fixes.

It's definitely a privilege to work on software that is used by so many people who feel so passionately about it. That's why I'm happy to keep doing this after 14 years at BlackBerry.

P.S. Dark Theme happened because it was requested so frequently on this forum.
    03-17-17 05:30 PM
    Who's Kevin??
    03-17-17 06:20 PM
    @LiamQ Thank you so much for the efforts you and your team have put into this.

Most of us are understanding and realize all of the hard work you guys put into this.
    gizmo21 and zephyr613 like this.
    03-17-17 06:23 PM
    @LiamQ Thank you so much for the efforts you and your team have put into this.

Most of us are understanding and realize all of the hard work you guys put into this.
    Tremendous appreciation!
    03-17-17 06:50 PM
    Yep, these guys are doing things that no other app on android has ever been able to do. That's how we know there's talent in BlackBerry left.
    03-17-17 08:52 PM
    Those of us working for BlackBerry are pretty swamped. There is so much that we'd like to do, but only so much time. We don't have as many people available to help as we once did.

I try hard each day to make the BlackBerry Hub+ Suite better. My day-to-day priorities will often change based on the feedback that we get from users. It can be difficult to choose which big feature to tackle next, and sometimes we get bogged down with the smaller improvements and bug fixes.

It's definitely a privilege to work on software that is used by so many people who feel so passionately about it. That's why I'm happy to keep doing this after 14 years at BlackBerry.

Thank you for your work on BlackBerry software services on Android (among the other work you've done for BlackBerry throughout the years). I appreciate the added features to the Android experience that remind me of BB10 😊
    03-17-17 09:33 PM

I love the level of involvement you and your peers have taken on. It's unique in my experience. I am grateful.

Would love to see you guys add dark calendar and contacts to the feature request list.

Thanks for everything.
    03-17-17 09:59 PM

Thanks a ton to you and your peer for putting up with us (in general) over the years. Would love to see what's next coming from BB dev team.

P/S: been a user of dark theme since day 1. Never going back
    03-18-17 12:50 AM
    So no need to get Kevin attention anymore, you got now from several levels up directly from the devs

Beside I guess all your requests were already made and got attention.

I hope LiamQ and his staff will get more dev-resources in the future, as "Software Is the new BlackBerry".
    03-18-17 01:29 AM
    So no need to get Kevin attention anymore, you got now from several levels up directly from the devs

Beside I guess all your requests were already made and got attention.

I hope LiamQ and his staff will get more dev-resources in the future, as "Software Is the new BlackBerry".
    You are right! The post got the attention it deserves (IMO) thanks to everyone that participated and shared their opinion.

It feels assuring to know that the requests, made by many users did not end up going unnoticed, whether they were before or not.

Let's hope BB Android development continues far beyond BB10.
    03-18-17 01:50 AM
    Why are there fewer if BlackBerry is a software company?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    03-21-17 11:44 PM
    Why are there fewer if BlackBerry is a software company?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    Because they've been downsizing pretty aggressively over the last 5 years or so. Plus, doesn't mean all BlackBerry employees are necessarily software developers.
    03-22-17 11:57 AM