Well...since no DTEK 60 's received the April patch... and supposedly the May patch is out...I have not received it either yet!
    05-06-17 09:09 AM
    Forgive me for this question but I'm new to Android and my Dtek60.

Is there something we need to do for the update or does it update automatically?
    05-06-17 09:18 AM
    Coming soon™
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    05-06-17 09:20 AM
    Forgive me for this question but I'm new to Android and my Dtek60.

Is there something we need to do for the update or does it update automatically?
    It should show up automatically eventually but you can also check by going into settings, scroll to the bottom and click on "about phone" then click on software updates and check for updates.
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    05-06-17 09:23 AM
    Awesome! Thanks
    05-06-17 09:26 AM
    Even my friend who has Verizon Samsung note 5 got April security patch and he's already on nougat he laughing at my dtek60 so hard and I can't even defend myself! Help!
    05-06-17 11:49 AM
    I have family and friends here in Canada (on Rogers and Bell) that have the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, the Samsung Galaxy S6, and the Samsung Galaxy S5. All of them are still on the February 1, 2017 security patch level and waiting for their carrier to release the latest security patch. Samsung has committed to releasing quarterly (every three months) security patches for their unlocked smartphones in North America.

My BlackBerry DTEK60 (purchased from ShopBlackBerry) is on the March 5, 2017 patch level. Do I wish I was on the April 5, 2017 patch level? Sure. Am I upset or worried? No. For one thing I have read some forum posts and news items that the April 2017 security patch is causing some problems with handset from other manufacturers.

If BlackBerry is delaying the April 2017 patch because their are issues with it then I am happy to wait. Would I be happier if they made some statement? Sure. What would make me unhappy is if they pushed out the April 2017 patch just to get it out and later find out there were issues that caused problems with the smartphone. If they do something they should do it properly the first time, which I am happy to wait for.

If, however, there is a long delay with the May 2017 patch (received after May 21st for example) then I would start to be concerned.

TL;DR
    Not worried at this point and 100% satisfied with my BlackBerry DTEK60 (purchased April 2017 from ShopBlackBerry). Never ever buying another smartphone that is carrier dependent for updates.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    05-06-17 03:21 PM
    I have family and friends here in Canada (on Rogers and Bell) that have the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, the Samsung Galaxy S6, and the Samsung Galaxy S5. All of them are still on the February 1, 2017 security patch level and waiting for their carrier to release the latest security patch. Samsung has committed to releasing quarterly (every three months) security patches for their unlocked smartphones in North America.

My BlackBerry DTEK60 (purchased from ShopBlackBerry) is on the March 5, 2017 patch level. Do I wish I was on the April 5, 2017 patch level? Sure. Am I upset or worried? No. For one thing I have read some forum posts and news items that the April 2017 security patch is causing some problems with handset from other manufacturers.

If BlackBerry is delaying the April 2017 patch because their are issues with it then I am happy to wait. Would I be happier if they made some statement? Sure. What would make me unhappy is if they pushed out the April 2017 patch just to get it out and later find out there were issues that caused problems with the smartphone. If they do something they should do it properly the first time, which I am happy to wait for.

If, however, there is a long delay with the May 2017 patch (received after May 21st for example) then I would start to be concerned.

TL;DR
    Not worried at this point and 100% satisfied with my BlackBerry DTEK60 (purchased April 2017 from ShopBlackBerry). Never ever buying another smartphone that is carrier dependent for updates.
    It's not a matter of saying, "well Samsung only commits to updates every 3 weeks so we're all still very lucky. No. I have a high standard for BlackBerry now that they've outsourced hardware and shifted their focus entirely on software. Especially considering how hard of an emphasis they're putting on security. They are currently not meeting my high expectations. Just me though.
    chi-town311 and nuff_said like this.
    05-07-17 12:46 AM
    It's not a matter of saying, "well Samsung only commits to updates every 3 weeks so we're all still very lucky. No. I have a high standard for BlackBerry now that they've outsourced hardware and shifted their focus entirely on software. Especially considering how hard of an emphasis they're putting on security. They are currently not meeting my high expectations. Just me though.
    It's not just you. They are starting to **** me off and I've pretty pretty loyal for a decade.
    05-07-17 12:48 AM
    It's not just you. They are starting to **** me off and I've pretty pretty loyal for a decade.
    I truly do love BlackBerry devices but this company and anyone involved could make their own sit com. It's getting to be quite comical with the amount of f ups they've had time and time again lol.
    crackberry_geek and elfabio80 like this.
    05-07-17 12:51 AM
    Understand people frustration, BlackBerry advertising security patch as their features ,that make it different from other android but BlackBerry failed few times now. First DTEK50 2 months behind in November December time, now DTEK60 month behind
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    05-07-17 12:53 AM
    I did not mean for the Samsung comment to be construed as suggesting we should be happy with what we get. What I meant by that is that Samsung has more than enough resources to properly support their unlocked smartphones (especially the S8/S8+) but for whatever reason that is not a priority for them. When Samsung made that announcement a few weeks ago I went from somewhat seriously considering (all my family and a lot of my friends have Samsung smartphones) an unlocked Samsung smartphone to not considering one at all. Security is the most important feature in a smartphone for me and everything else is secondary.

As for BlackBerry I do hold them to a higher standard which is why I bought an unlocked DTEK60 last month. If the May 2017 security patch does not come in a timely fashion I am will not be happy. Even Microsoft missed the monthly patch Tuesday for Windows for February 2017. A bump in the road is one thing, but if it becomes a consistent pattern that is another issue.

The bottom line is that BlackBerry needs to do a better job communicating why there is a delay, what is being done to address the underlying issue, and what the revised timeline is for a solution. In absence of that people speculate and, rightly so, get dissatisfied and angry.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-07-17 01:22 AM
    I think this is why BlackBerry decided to remove their official support forum. Now we don't have direct communication with BlackBerry.
    05-07-17 04:15 PM
    I think this is why BlackBerry decided to remove their official support forum. Now we don't have direct communication with BlackBerry.
    Not that many UK customers had good service or satisfaction from BB customer service / support. I always ended up with a headache.
    05-08-17 03:48 AM
    Still nothing for me and my DTEK60.

Wondering whether this is some kind of operational error on BlackBerry's part that they are not even aware of.

If this goes on much longer, the IT press will be all over it (deservedly).
    05-08-17 05:53 AM
    Still nothing for me and my DTEK60.

Wondering whether this is some kind of operational error on BlackBerry's part that they are not even aware of.

If this goes on much longer, the IT press will be all over it (deservedly).
    The IT press doesn't care.

And the worst part is... neither does johnny or for that matter, his wannabe super software heroes.
    05-08-17 07:47 AM
    Now i have the may update
    05-08-17 09:48 AM
    Just received update dtek60 from shop blackberry. 107MB size
    05-08-17 10:23 AM
    Happy days are here again... I got the May 5, 2017 Android security patch level update this morning. My BlackBerry DTEK60 was purchased from ShopBlackBerry.
    05-08-17 12:56 PM
    The IT press doesn't care.

And the worst part is... neither does johnny or for that matter, his wannabe super software heroes.
    A small hiccup last month (with this one device). Back on track now.
    05-08-17 01:23 PM
    Anyone with a Priv get this patch yet?
    05-08-17 01:25 PM
    First thing I noticed about May patch, after reboot my Bluetooth is still on.
    05-08-17 01:31 PM
    I got it on my DTEK60!!! Straight from the March patch to May. All is forgiven... kind of. June update to Nougat?
    asiayeah likes this.
    05-08-17 01:33 PM
    Just got May update

DTek 60, Thailand.
    05-08-17 01:49 PM
    I always know an update is coming when I see the BlackBerry apps with an update in the Play Store. What I do is make sure I'm on wifi, then reset phone and then check for an update, it works every time for me. It's worked every time on both privs and my Dtek50.
    05-08-17 02:36 PM
36 12