I recall a one-liner in another thread about this, and it sounded like it may have been too new to test. The user suggested using Chromecast instead of a wired dongle from the DTEK to an HDMI device. My Z30 has direct micro-HDMI output, so it's never been an issue.

I'd like to use the DTEK60 to output to the Kenwood deck in my truck. The Kenwood can take an HDMI input, but if the DTEK can't support a dongle, I'm likely SOL. The Kenwood doesn't appear to support Chromecast.

Can anyone confirm if the DTEK60 supports HDMI output via USB-C dongle?
    11-06-16 10:49 AM
    I recall a one-liner in another thread about this, and it sounded like it may have been too new to test. The user suggested using Chromecast instead of a wired dongle from the DTEK to an HDMI device. My Z30 has direct micro-HDMI output, so it's never been an issue.

I'd like to use the DTEK60 to output to the Kenwood deck in my truck. The Kenwood can take an HDMI input, but if the DTEK can't support a dongle, I'm likely SOL. The Kenwood doesn't appear to support Chromecast.

Can anyone confirm if the DTEK60 supports HDMI output via USB-C dongle?
    Excellent question! Someone else asked this question in another thread. I too had the fantastic Z30 with HDMI port and USB ports.

The Priv and DTEK60 do not have HDMI ports.

From what I recall from the other thread, it is not possible for the DTEK60 to support HDMI, regardless of connector. My understanding is that you have to move to Chromecast.
    11-06-16 10:53 AM
    Excellent question! Someone else asked this question in another thread. I too had the fantastic Z30 with HDMI port and USB ports.

The Priv and DTEK60 do not have HDMI ports.

From what I recall from the other thread, it is not possible for the DTEK60 to support HDMI, regardless of connector. My understanding is that you have to move to Chromecast.
    So, the PRIV supports Slimport connections.

I'm not sure about the Dtek60, you'll have to check the specifications.

Chromecast is a good idea.

All that being said:

USB-C supports direct to hdmi, HOWEVER, most current phones, with the exception of the google pixel, gave USB-C ports, but are controlled by a micro USB connection.

Meaning that it is the exact same connection as micro USB, just with a different plug.

As such, none of them would support direct to hdmi.

So check the specifics to see if the dtek60 supports Slimport, and if not, then your solution is chromecast.
    11-06-16 11:37 AM