I have fingerprint enabled but it still takes me to either PIN or pattern or whatever I set it to.. how do I enable this device to be unlocked ONLY via fingerprint? I don't mind extra security features but most phones unlock right away with just fingerprint instead of being taken to another set of security..

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 04:02 PM
    I have fingerprint enabled but it still takes me to either PIN or pattern or whatever I set it to.. how do I enable this device to be unlocked ONLY via fingerprint? I don't mind extra security features but most phones unlock right away with just fingerprint instead of being taken to another set of security..

Posted via CB10
    How do you lock your phone exactly?
    12-06-16 04:17 PM
    How do you lock your phone exactly?
    Can't you read? He says fingerprint *rolling eyes*
    12-06-16 04:24 PM
    Can't you read? He says fingerprint *rolling eyes*
    I asked h�m how lock the phone, not how to unlock. Maybe you should read.
    Uzi and tfitzpat03 like this.
    12-06-16 04:34 PM
    My dtek doesn't do that. Only on boot does it require password/pin. Otherwise left or right index fingers unlocks. Do you have any other password administrator?
    12-06-16 05:13 PM
    delete and input your fingerprints again
    12-06-16 05:20 PM
    It's quite odd, but how do you lock the phone matters a lot.
    When you lock with the lock button, fingerprint unlock should work without any issue. If you lock the device with the lock screen shortcut (perhaps assigned to the convenience key), you have to input PIN/password, even after the fingerprint scan. This is a known bug, BlackBerry is working on it.
    12-07-16 02:09 AM
    I find that if I ignore the number password and use the fingerprint it opens the phone in any case.
    12-07-16 06:09 AM
    My dtek doesn't do that. Only on boot does it require password/pin. Otherwise left or right index fingers unlocks. Do you have any other password administrator?
    same
    12-07-16 07:41 AM
    When you lock with the lock button, fingerprint unlock should work without any issue. If you lock the device with the lock screen shortcut (perhaps assigned to the convenience key), you have to input PIN/password, even after the fingerprint scan. This is a known bug, BlackBerry is working on it.
    this doesnt happen for me.
    phone locking via timeout or power button...either can be unlocked via fingerprint alone.
    12-07-16 07:42 AM
    Mine unlocks with the fingerprint alone, no problem.

The only exception is on restart, where it requires password login.
    12-07-16 08:30 AM
    Mine unlocks with the fingerprint alone, no problem.

The only exception is on restart, where it requires password login.
    +1
    12-07-16 10:23 AM
    this doesnt happen for me.
    phone locking via timeout or power button...either can be unlocked via fingerprint alone.
    Lock button and timeout is ok, only the lock screen shortcut has this issue.
    12-07-16 02:53 PM
    Excellent post. I had been struggling with this issue also. I usually use the lock shortcut and was wondering why I had to input both methods to unlock my device. Thanks for the tip.
    12-07-16 09:21 PM