Wish I knew this was coming (for sure) I switched to an iPhone 7 Plus last week. I like it but honestly I would've probably just bought this instead if the details of this leak were out there last week. My Priv was getting painfully slow and I had wiped it only a month before.

Oh well I'm sure this iPhone should retain some value until the Mercury is released if that ever happens too!

Does it have an RGB LED?
    09-27-16 11:48 PM
    Wish I knew this was coming (for sure) I switched to an iPhone 7 Plus last week. I like it but honestly I would've probably just bought this instead if the details of this leak were out there last week. My Priv was getting painfully slow and I had wiped it only a month before.

Oh well I'm sure this iPhone should retain some value until the Mercury is released if that ever happens too!

Does it have an RGB LED?
    Just red LED like old day BlackBerries.. You will come back after pulling hair out using auto correct and inferior keyboard :-)

Posted via my DTEK50
    09-28-16 12:07 AM
    Just red LED like old day BlackBerries.. You will come back after pulling hair out using auto correct and inferior keyboard :-)

Posted via my DTEK50
    SwiftKey fortunately here so I'm good there for now. Few other reasons though! Lol
    09-28-16 12:13 AM

Does it have an RGB LED?
    You could still easily sell it and get the DTEK60.
    Will more than cover the costs I think

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-28-16 12:20 AM
    You could still easily sell it and get the DTEK60.
    Will more than cover the costs I think

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Going to try to wait for the Mercury - might as well at this point...
    09-28-16 12:27 AM
    Going to try to wait for the Mercury - might as well at this point...
    Do remember the mercury might not be as speced as this one
    But ofcourse it will have that amazing keyboard

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-28-16 12:34 AM
    If you like this, want to save some cash and support BB, just return the iphone... it's only been a week.
    09-28-16 05:32 AM
    I'll await the reviews and maybe do that!
    09-28-16 06:37 AM
    Sorry, but, I'm just not sold on the DTEK line, currently. And, after BlackBerry announced that 'partners' will create their mobile hardware, well, the new releases will be interesting, to say the least...
    09-28-16 06:51 AM
    switched to Moto Z Play

50h battery
    8-10 SOT
    blazing fast
    moto mods!

better than any iPhone sure.

and only 440 bucks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Andrew Finley likes this.
    09-28-16 07:34 AM
    blackberry just went out of hardware, it's running over newstickers here in germany today.

09-28-16 07:35 AM
    blackberry just went out of hardware, it's running over newstickers here in germany today.

I hope they still release phones like dtek with the hardware manufactured by someone else. Let me tell you I've tried pretty much all sorts of Android devices including Samsung, Sony and nexus. Nothing is better than the Dtek. Not from hardware pint of view - the BlackBerry android makes it the best.

So I hope we'll see BlackBerry android phones in the future. That's the only android phone I can stand right now.

Posted from my Dtek50
    09-28-16 10:07 AM
    I hope they still release phones like dtek with the hardware manufactured by someone else. Let me tell you I've tried pretty much all sorts of Android devices including Samsung, Sony and nexus. Nothing is better than the Dtek. Not from hardware pint of view - the BlackBerry android makes it the best.

So I hope we'll see BlackBerry android phones in the future. That's the only android phone I can stand right now.

Posted from my Dtek50
    I really want to jump on board with you, but it's not looking very good at this point. I think your hopes (and mine) are dead in the water.
    09-28-16 12:15 PM

Posted from my Dtek50
    Yeah I was quite enjoying the Priv, but somehow it just felt underpowered, I'm not sure if it was the encryption of everything or what, but I was watching my friends fly around the Android system without so much as a stutter, but the Priv was slow to launch the hub, slow to send texts and emails, and just felt sluggish all around. Post-wipe I would get a good 4-6 weeks out of it and then eventually again it would bog down. Battery life wasn't bad - actually pretty solid. So my only real complaint was about the lag.

I'll keep my eyes opened for the new handsets (if they make any) - particularly with keyboard, but the only thing that would hold me back there would be worry that the phone would lag similar to the Priv.
    09-28-16 12:20 PM
    You know what, it's been 7 to 8 years of BlackBerry. My previous stint of Sony Erics was only 4 to 5 years and I think PRIV will be my last BlackBerry.

yeh the specs on DTEK60 are good but I may as well go for waterproofing and better performance on apps such as snapchat with iPhone

Unless BlackBerry does a whopper release in the near future which I can't sed

09-28-16 06:52 PM

Posted from my Dtek50
    +100

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 07:18 PM
    You know what, it's been 7 to 8 years of BlackBerry. My previous stint of Sony Erics was only 4 to 5 years and I think PRIV will be my last BlackBerry.

yeh the specs on DTEK60 are good but I may as well go for waterproofing and better performance on apps such as snapchat with iPhone

Unless BlackBerry does a whopper release in the near future which I can't sed

The S7 and iPhone 7 are not water proof. Only water resistant. Big difference.

Snap chat, really? Not a difference between Android and iPhone.
    I choose productivity and security over fun.

Saying all that, BlackBerry will continue to do these Alcatel or similar phones for a long time. They just won't have control in design or manufacturing. The software runs the phone anyway which brings security to Android. They will stick with that strategy only going forward.

Posted via my DTEK50
    09-28-16 08:22 PM
    Sorry, but, I'm just not sold on the DTEK line, currently. And, after BlackBerry announced that 'partners' will create their mobile hardware, well, the new releases will be interesting, to say the least...
    Looks like a real boring piece of kit, I don't understand it either. Rebrand jobs tend to have no personality, this looks like no exception. If you have to use Android you may as well dive into the deep end and buy something nicer.
    deadcowboy likes this.
    10-02-16 11:41 PM
    I'd say hold on to the iPhone, the 7+ is a beast with battery life to boot. My next 12 months of purchases will be the pixel XL and the iPhone pro, can't see me getting the 7 while I have the 6S+..

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Q10
    10-03-16 01:36 AM
    My wife is opening her new iphone 7plus right now that she had to have after breaking another iphone within 6 months.
    Playing with the speakers, they're absolutely awful... crackling, hissing, etc. She's calling apple care now and the phone keeps dropping the call.
    I'm dying laughing over here... that's what $1300+ gets you.

I know it's not really applicable here but the timing is impeccable. lol
    tickerguy likes this.
    10-03-16 01:21 PM
    switched to Moto Z Play

50h battery
    8-10 SOT
    blazing fast
    moto mods!

better than any iPhone sure.

and only 440 bucks

And no headphone hack either

It's not any faster than the iphone and i doubt it has better battery life than the "plus" model too. but yeah 440 bucks and the mods, can't beat that bang for the buck
    10-03-16 09:16 PM
    My wife is opening her new iphone 7plus right now that she had to have after breaking another iphone within 6 months.
    Playing with the speakers, they're absolutely awful... crackling, hissing, etc. She's calling apple care now and the phone keeps dropping the call.
    I'm dying laughing over here... that's what $1300+ gets you.

I know it's not really applicable here but the timing is impeccable. lol
    maybe she should buy a phone with insurance if she breaks them.

J.D.Power (on of the most reputable in surveys) rated the iphone as the smartphone with the highest costomer satisfaction. The priv also had plenty of returns...

The "anti-apple" propaganda on this forum is getting out of hand, since Blackberry started shipping Android phones CB looks like anti-apple brigade.
    10-03-16 09:30 PM
    maybe she should buy a phone with insurance if she breaks them.

J.D.Power (on of the most reputable in surveys) rated the iphone as the smartphone with the highest costomer satisfaction. The priv also had plenty of returns...

The "anti-apple" propaganda on this forum is getting out of hand, since Blackberry started shipping Android phones CB looks like anti-apple brigade.

Priv did have issues I admit but not so bad for BlackBerry's first release of Android which is now resolved.
    I'm anti apple and will never go back to a closed outdated OS like ioS. Productivity sucks compared to BlackBerry software on Android..
    I used to be all-in Apple ecosystem now I have seen the light and use Chrome (google) Cast that is 1/4 the price and works way better than Apple TV or Apple Airport Express. So much simpler!
    After using ioS after many years of iPad , iPhone 6s.etc I will never go back to Apple's ecosystem. I do like my Mac pro though. Everything else in the house is now Android. Just need to get my wife off her BlackBerry Classic onto a DTEK.

Apple iPhone, iPad may look pretty on the outside but it is quickly becoming the "Beta" of the VHS world in my opinion.

The iSheep keep Apple going for now... There is a reason Android is dominating market share world wide. (80% plus)
    It's called Open Source software.

You do realize we are on a BlackBerry DTEK60 thread right? I'm sure the iPhone lovers in their whatever forum have many nice things to say about Android OS :-)

Posted via my DTEK50
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 10-03-16 at 10:35 PM.
    10-03-16 10:19 PM
    The S7 and iPhone 7 are not water proof. Only water resistant. Big difference.

Snap chat, really? Not a difference between Android and iPhone.
    I choose productivity and security over fun.

Saying all that, BlackBerry will continue to do these Alcatel or similar phones for a long time. They just won't have control in design or manufacturing. The software runs the phone anyway which brings security to Android. They will stick with that strategy only going forward.

Posted via my DTEK50
    What is this productivity you speak of? You make it sound like the BB can do things other phones cant. If the dam phone was so great the company would be in the black and not exiting the hardware business.
    buwee likes this.
    10-03-16 10:26 PM
    Priv did have issues I admit but not so bad for BlackBerry's first release of Android which is now resolved.
    I'm anti apple and will never go back to a closed outdated OS like ioS. Productivity sucks compared to BlackBerry software on Android..
    I used to be all-in Apple ecosystem now I have seen the light and use Chrome (google) Cast that is 1/4 the price and works way better than Apple TV or Apple Airport Express. So much simpler!
    After using ioS after many years of iPad , iPhone 6s.etc I will never go back to Apple's ecosystem. I do like my Mac pro though. Everything else in the house is now Android. Just need to get my wife off her BlackBerry Classic onto a DTEK.

Apple may look pretty on the outside but it is quickly becoming the "Beta" of the VHS world in my opinion.

The iSheep keep Apple going for now... There is a reason Android is dominating market share world wide. (80% plus)
    It's called Open Source software.

Posted via my DTEK50
    This is too funny. A few years ago the mere mention of the Android OS was enough to get you flammed, tared and feathered and now, Android is the answer and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Talk about sheep.LOL. If BB was so good, BB would make money!
    buwee likes this.
    10-03-16 10:29 PM
36 12