Has anyone experienced an issue with snapchat where the camera is blacked out? Everything else withing the app is working fine, but in the last couple of days the camera itself will not display anything. The interface buttons appear, but no image.

It works sometimes after closing and reopening the app a few times or by switching between forwards and rear facing cameras but that's an annoying workaround that is unreliable.
    04-15-17 04:04 PM
    Yup. I've found it's always clunky. The back camera quality on snapchat is really bad too. Compared it to a friends Pixel XL. Hugeeeeeee difference.
    04-15-17 04:23 PM
    04-15-17 05:27 PM
    Ok so I'm not the only one.
    04-15-17 07:58 PM
    Yup started having this issue starting Friday I want to say.
    04-16-17 05:58 AM
    Happened all the time on both my privs, lagged to the core!
    04-17-17 11:18 AM
    Happened all the time on both my privs, lagged to the core!
    It typically runs better on DTEK60 then PRIV.
    04-17-17 03:58 PM
    It typically runs better on DTEK60 then PRIV.
    The camera on the priv has ois, and it actually requires a ton of power to just turn keep it on and therefore it's taxing on the processor, compared to the more simple camera on the DTEK60. My assumption anyway, is that that's why it is more leggy on priv than some other devices.

But recently camera quality has been better, still not as good as stock camera though
    04-17-17 04:31 PM
    The camera on the priv has ois, and it actually requires a ton of power to just turn keep it on and therefore it's taxing on the processor, compared to the more simple camera on the DTEK60. My assumption anyway, is that that's why it is more leggy on priv than some other devices.

But recently camera quality has been better, still not as good as stock camera though
    Well there are other Android devices that use OIS that don't run like the PRIV. The PRIV seems to be the worst I've ever seen to be honest haha.
    04-17-17 04:35 PM
    My wife was complaining about it and after I cleared the Cache it opened faster
    04-18-17 08:23 AM
    v10.6.5.0 beta seems to have fixed the problem.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/snap-in...-apk-download/
    04-18-17 08:42 AM
    Recent update ( I believe yesterday ) appears to have fixed my lag.
    04-20-17 02:08 PM

Interesting explanation. I wondered why Snapchat runs like pure crap on my Priv while it ran perfectly fine on a Galaxy S6 Edge.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-20-17 10:16 PM
    Recent update ( I believe yesterday ) appears to have fixed my lag.
    It did, if not, you can download I think the 10.5.0 apk that works really well until the next update.
    04-21-17 08:08 PM