Hi, my passport has started to play up after 18 months. Been eyeing dtek60. May I know, if you moved to this new phone, what do you miss most about Passport? Also what BlackBerry features are still found in Dtek60? Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 04:21 PM
    Well I do prefer the real keyboard of the PP better, I do have to admit I don't hate the lack of it on the Dtek60 as much as I thought I would.
    The oodles of apps available is great.
    General speed of things is better.
    The overall shape of the Dtek60 is also better than the PP.
    I haven't figured out all the google stuff yet.
    Generally really like the Dtek60 and I really liked my Passport
    11-25-16 04:28 PM
    Thanks tompkins. What about the Hub?Miss it or this one is close/good enough?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 04:35 PM
    Thanks tompkins. What about the Hub?Miss it or this one is close/good enough?

Posted via CB10
    The Hub is very, very close (I came from Passport to Priv hub, and now DTEK60). It is all about how you configure it. I'm completely pleased with the Hub.
    11-25-16 05:22 PM
    I bought a dtek60 and still keep my SE passport around for use on WiFi. I like virtual keyboards more than physical ones, but the passport is good too. What I miss the most is the wide screen. I do alot of work on my phone and so I read a lot. For that the passport is unbeatable. I can configure the dtek60 on android to be very similar to bb10, but I miss several things from bb10 such as individual notifications which I find easier to do. The passport is so a tank, whereas the dtek60 is a brittle device and I am less confident with it. The hub is getting close to bb10, but not there yet. I do wish that BlackBerry kept a work wide theme for Android.
    11-25-16 08:50 PM
    I bought a dtek60 and still keep my SE passport around for use on WiFi. I like virtual keyboards more than physical ones, but the passport is good too. What I miss the most is the wide screen. I do alot of work on my phone and so I read a lot. For that the passport is unbeatable. I can configure the dtek60 on android to be very similar to bb10, but I miss several things from bb10 such as individual notifications which I find easier to do. The passport is so a tank, whereas the dtek60 is a brittle device and I am less confident with it. The hub is getting close to bb10, but not there yet. I do wish that BlackBerry kept a work wide theme for Android.
    agreed with everything said above.
    1) build dtek60 im terrified of dropping... im sure it'll shatter on the first drop
    2) physical keyboard is the thing I miss the most, and by a long shot. nothing else is substantial enough to care about. Android does everything nearly as well, but does other things much, much better. So it's easily worth the trade-off.
    3) yeah, notifications take a long time to learn/customize to do what you want. I'm still not fully where I want to be. It's tricky to know where to look to get what you want for what app. i.e. enable sound, disable peeking, disable vibrate... but in different modes (volume on/off/do not disturb) it can all vary. I don;t think i'll ever get it to do exactly what I want.

Bottom line
    Some pro's and con's, but all in all, there are far more pros. i'm glad i switched from my passport to dtek60.
    11-28-16 07:35 AM
    Agree with previous posters. Android is not as efficient as BB10, but not as bad as I had imagined either. The ability to have every app and not having to do work-arounds to get everything to work, is well worth the trade-off. My only real beef is that there is no FM tuner on the 60...I used that feature a lot.
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    11-29-16 01:17 PM
    I much prefer the passport....and miss it so much. But I need to move on and figure this phone out.

Can you add a contract from a text message? That was simple on BB10 not on android
    11-29-16 01:27 PM
    I am holding my passport as my main work phone, and recently switched my second phone from Iphone 6s+ to Dtek60.
    BB Passport still gives me the oomph and power to do my work beautifully. And it was actually kind of a struggle for me to switch from my 6s+ to dtek60, as on one hand I fell into love with dtek60 with its looks, the fact that it is bb, and mainly its security, on the other hand, iPhone 6s+ still oozes that sleek, premium system and feel that others cannot deny. But still, being a security-conscious me, i switched to dtek60 nevertheless and it outweighs the pros of iphone.
    If you are using your phone for work, passport is still the king - indisputable. dtek60 tries to mimic the system by implementing the hub, but still i feel bb10 on passport is a more complete package. dtek60 would be the next closest.
    11-29-16 08:48 PM
    I much prefer the passport....and miss it so much. But I need to move on and figure this phone out.

Can you add a contract from a text message? That was simple on BB10 not on android
    Yes, top right menu, add to contact. it then shows you your contacts.... first of which is Create New (or scroll down to choose which contact to add it to).
    11-30-16 08:04 AM
    Thank you all for so much relevant info. Am now almost convinced in favour of Dtek60 but heart is still on Passport. With Blend not working on Passport with Mac OS anymore that major advantage is gone too.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 05:12 PM
    Hi, my passport has started to play up after 18 months. Been eyeing dtek60. May I know, if you moved to this new phone, what do you miss most about Passport? Also what BlackBerry features are still found in Dtek60? Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Hello,

I have had the Torch 2 9810, the Z30, the Passport SE, the PRIV, and now the DTEK60.

I liked the Passport SE because of the pkb and vkb, and particularly because the BlackBerry OS10 keyboard is better than the BlackBerry Android version, particularly when typing in multiple languages.

I miss the large wide format of the bright LCD screen of the Passport SE.

I also miss the solid metal build of the Passport SE, the textured back, and the camera (although the PRIV and Dtek60 have better cameras).
    12-15-16 01:58 PM
    Three weeks ago, I moved from Passport SE to DTEK60. #1 reason: my Passport became increasingly temperamental, slugging on me daily, on occasion freezing altogether, losing juice fast, getting hot, etc. Most likely, I was the culprit, and got what I deserved for 'tricking' too many Android apps into working with Google Play Services on my 'unsupported' device

What I miss:
    1. The unparalleled user-experience-driven design of BB10 OS;
    2. The wide screen;
    3. The physical keyboard;
    4. The firm grip;
    5. The unique and elegant look&feel.

What I have:
    1. A reliable, never-gonna-let-you-down device that offers a few BB goodies otherwise unavailable on Android phones (a matter of individual functional needs and usage pattern);
    2. That good feeling of staying with BB brand through good and bad times (a matter of individual emotional needs and self-perception);
    3. Not a bad looking device (a matter of individual taste, entirely).

Oh, yes! And I'm getting a UKarbon sticker to get the grip on my DTEK60.
    12-19-16 05:01 AM
    Three weeks ago, I moved from Passport SE to DTEK60. #1 reason: my Passport became increasingly temperamental, slugging on me daily, on occasion freezing altogether, losing juice fast, getting hot, etc. Most likely, I was the culprit, and got what I deserved for 'tricking' too many Android apps into working with Google Play Services on my 'unsupported' device

What I miss:
    1. The unparalleled user-experience-driven design of BB10 OS;
    2. The wide screen;
    3. The physical keyboard;
    4. The firm grip;
    5. The unique and elegant look&feel.

What I have:
    1. A reliable, never-gonna-let-you-down device that offers a few BB goodies otherwise unavailable on Android phones (a matter of individual functional needs and usage pattern);
    2. That good feeling of staying with BB brand through good and bad times (a matter of individual emotional needs and self-perception);
    3. Not a bad looking device (a matter of individual taste, entirely).

Oh, yes! And I'm getting a UKarbon sticker to get the grip on my DTEK60.
    Well said. I did the exact same coming from an SE and I share the same view about the attributes of the DTEK. By the way the skin makes a big difference for grip especially the new carbon skin.
    12-19-16 08:00 AM