From what I can tell most are happy with their dtek60? It shows BlackBerry can partner to make good phones. I understand that jbl makes the sound system but this is not acknowledged? This to me is a mistake. I think BlackBerry should gather key experts in each area to get the best phone. Next would be to partner with a camera company, be it Canon, Nikon, Fuiji or..? Yes, royalties will cut margins. But BlackBerry needs positive alliances in each area to assure consumers. BlackBerry's expertise is security and productivity. Put all together and I think profits will rise. BlackBerry is not large enough like Google, Apple or Samsung to do it all themselves.
    12-11-16 04:21 AM
    BB isnt in the hardware business anymore. Any of the next BB phones will be built on their own without BB input. BB is simply going to let them use the BB software.
    12-11-16 04:36 AM
    BB isnt in the hardware business anymore. Any of the next BB phones will be built on their own without BB input. BB is simply going to let them use the BB software.
    What about the Mercury? That is gonna be BlackBerry and I am looking forward to that one.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 01:04 PM
    What about the Mercury? That is gonna be BlackBerry and I am looking forward to that one.

Posted via CB10
    that is done by BB in house from what we know. Everything is already done with it though for the most part.
    12-11-16 01:26 PM
    I understand, but by virtue of collaboration they will be able to choose hardware options.
    12-14-16 06:59 PM
    From what I can tell most are happy with their dtek60? It shows BlackBerry can partner to make good phones. I understand that jbl makes the sound system but this is not acknowledged? This to me is a mistake. I think BlackBerry should gather key experts in each area to get the best phone. Next would be to partner with a camera company, be it Canon, Nikon, Fuiji or..? Yes, royalties will cut margins. But BlackBerry needs positive alliances in each area to assure consumers. BlackBerry's expertise is security and productivity. Put all together and I think profits will rise. BlackBerry is not large enough like Google, Apple or Samsung to do it all themselves.
    Blackberry's target audience isn't one that needs a canon or Nikon camera. It isn't feasible for them as a company to focus on that. Their market share is under 1% lol
    12-14-16 07:14 PM
    I understand, but by virtue of collaboration they will be able to choose hardware options.
    that was the model they did with the dteks. BUT they are not using that model going forward where there wont be any collaboration.
    12-14-16 07:36 PM
    Chen said one more keyboard device - and I'm assuming it's an Android. I'd be surprised if it was a Classic 2 or Passport Mini

I'm ready to get the DTEK60 but am holding out for a sale in the coming weeks.
    12-14-16 07:42 PM
    Partnership lessons? Get a better partner. Alcatel is crap.
    12-15-16 03:19 PM
    And you know this how exactly? According to Marty Beard last week, BlackBerry will be very much involved and quality will be very important.
    12-15-16 03:24 PM
    Partnership lessons? Get a better partner. Alcatel is crap.
    What exactly is the problem with Alca... Oh wait! - TCL?
    12-15-16 03:56 PM
    Actually the DTEK60 is the best quality "BlackBerry" I have ever had. Very happy with it.

Blackberry's build quality after the Bolds was average in my opinion.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    12-15-16 07:40 PM