Got mine last Tuesday. This is my first Android device so I am just learning the nuances of Android.

There are many advantages over Z30, mainly widgets, screen and App selection. However, I miss the little things about BB10 that made it so convenient and functional, such as the ability to change music tracks with the screen off by holding the volume button, answering texts and BBM messages in the hub.

For some reason the headphone volume seems to be lower on DTEK60 than my Z30, which is frustrating because I use my phone to play music in my car.

Overall a great device so far. 😎
    11-15-16 10:43 AM
    For some reason the headphone volume seems to be lower on DTEK60 than my Z30, which is frustrating because I use my phone to play music in my car.
    Maybe because the Z30's Settings/Main Volume has "Headphone Audio Boost"?
    11-15-16 01:01 PM
    Does Dtek60 have a separate app related to audio quality?
    11-15-16 01:33 PM
    Maybe because the Z30's Settings/Main Volume has "Headphone Audio Boost"?
    this thing has audio boost within the phone menu - can boost treble, or boost bass. i havent tried either.
    11-15-16 01:38 PM
    this thing has audio boost within the phone menu - can boost treble, or boost bass. i havent tried either.
    I just wished it had the same Audio Capabilities that the HTC 10 has...

Cheers
    11-15-16 04:56 PM
    Got mine last Tuesday. This is my first Android device so I am just learning the nuances of Android.

There are many advantages over Z30, mainly widgets, screen and App selection. However, I miss the little things about BB10 that made it so convenient and functional, such as the ability to change music tracks with the screen off by holding the volume button, answering texts and BBM messages in the hub.

Did you get a going above a certain level can cause hearing loss message? Mine goes loud after acknowledging that.
    11-15-16 05:45 PM
    Did you get a going above a certain level can cause hearing loss message? Mine goes loud after acknowledging that.
    Yes I got that warning the first time I tried and I acknowledged. Problem still persisted. I will replace the cord and try again.

I rarely used the headphone boost feature of the Z30.

Normal headphones use seems okay, but I rarely blast the volume on headphones.
    11-16-16 09:54 AM

OK, have spent three days with my new DTEK60 that I purchased from Crackberry Canada. It came with free leather flip case, free large battery, and free rapid charger. I also bought the BlackBerry soft case at 10% off.

My feelings so far:

The first word that comes to mind with the new DTEK60 is that it is very "slick:" It feels solid, high-end, lighter than my PRIV, and solid. It is made of glass front and back, with a metal frame. It has four speakers, two in front and two in back.

I protect it with the BlackBerry soft shell case as protection is a must, however strangely the case covers the two rear speakers.

The DTEK60 display is bright and navigation is quick and easy given the better processor.

Although the DTEK60 screen is only slightly larger (5.5") than the PRIV (5.4"), it seems bigger and brighter given the better quality display.

The display is very sensitive and responsive to touch. Videos play smoothly and images are crisp, clear, and vibrant. Great for games, news, and TV.

The four speakers are very good, but are not as loud as the Z30 which I loved.

The BlackBerry Hub works well with the Android Dtek60 as it did with the PRIV.

Apps respond well, and accessing the Web is quick. Scrolling is faster on the DTEK60 than with my PRIV.

Charging the DTEK60 with either the stock charger or the rapid recharger is fast. Lack of a proper dock or support is a bit annoying, however. I liked using my BlackBerry charging pod / dock with my PRIV and my Passport SE.

There is a smallish red LED message light as is the case on all BlackBerry devices, but it cannot produce the variety of colours as on the PRIV for each different message account.

Alarms and message notifications are somewhat quieter than on traditional BlackBerry devices, but updates will likely allow for the user to adjust the sound.

So far, the 21MP camera on the DTEK60 is very good-to-excellent both indoors and outdoors. Images are bright, clear, and detail is crisp. I haven't yet noticed any halos, bleeding, or noise.

Note that I haven't had enough time to compare with my PRIV 18MP camera, however, nor have I tried the front camera. The rear 18MP camera on the PRIV was excellent.

The fingerprint sensor is a really nice feature; you can instantly unlock your phone without typing in your code.

The DTEK60 is lighter and thinner than the PRIV, which is nice, although there is no PKB. Yes, the 21MP camera lens protrudes from the DTEK60, but so did the camera on the PRIV.

Calls so far are clear. The stock BlackBerry headphones are very good as well.

The BlackBerry virtual keyboard is once again very good as it was on the PRIV, although not as excellent as the OS10 vkb on the Passport SE or Z30.

These are my initial observations. Overall, I would recommend the DTEK60 as it is great value for the money, and offers many BlackBerry features in an Android environment with lots of apps. It is light, rigid, and has a professional feel to it.

I hope to post Dtek60 photos soon!

TonyTheCanuck

Sent from my BlackBerry DTEK60
    Envoy� de mon BlackBerry DTEK60
    11-17-16 04:29 PM
    Thanks for the review!!
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    11-17-16 04:52 PM
    Thanks for the review!!
    No prob!

Will also have better review of Dtek60 camera soon!

TonyTheCanuck
    Egod101 likes this.
    11-17-16 05:12 PM
    No prob!

Will also have better review of Dtek60 camera soon!

TonyTheCanuck
    Photo of Montreal's Chinatown I took tonight with the 21MP camera on my new DTEK60 :
    Attached Thumbnails Official 'I got my DTEK60' thread-2064.jpg  
    11-17-16 06:54 PM
    Photo of Montreal's Chinatown I took tonight with the 21MP camera on my new DTEK60 :
    Nice! Can you do a similar shot with HDR mode? I saw a Pixel photo of a street in NYC and the striking thing about it was that HDR mode is on by default and it kept what would normally be blown-out within an acceptable dynamic range; that is, lamps, headlights and windows had detail, not just blown-out. Of course, with HDR mode one, is the DTEK60 fast enough to freeze action or will you get ghosting?
    11-17-16 07:18 PM
    Nice! Can you do a similar shot with HDR mode? I saw a Pixel photo of a street in NYC and the striking thing about it was that HDR mode is on by default and it kept what would normally be blown-out within an acceptable dynamic range; that is, lamps, headlights and windows had detail, not just blown-out. Of course, with HDR mode one, is the DTEK60 fast enough to freeze action or will you get ghosting?
    The shot of Chinatown was taken with HDR mode turned on by default through the BlackBerry camera settings.
    11-17-16 08:39 PM
    I'm surprised how much detail it got from the street light. Can you take a picture of the moon and see if it still retains as much detail? I think a lot of cell phone cameras have problems with luminescence.
    11-18-16 02:33 AM
    I'm surprised how much detail it got from the street light. Can you take a picture of the moon and see if it still retains as much detail? I think a lot of cell phone cameras have problems with luminescence.
    Neither my PRIV 18MP camera nor my Dtek60 21MP camera can capture detail of a full moon.

Very few cameras can capture the detail of a full moon, aside from a good DSLR with a good optical zoom lense.

I also have a Canon G15 and an an Olympus Pen-Lite camera, and neither produce good detailed photos of the moon.

The only camera I have owned that can take such photos is my Canon SX260 with 20X optical zoom.

The photo here was taken with my PRIV 18MP camera of the super full moon in November 13thbover Montreal's McGill Superhospital. The Moon is bright but not clear.
    Attached Thumbnails Official 'I got my DTEK60' thread-2091000911.jpg  
    11-18-16 06:27 AM
    Thanks for the response.
    11-18-16 09:48 AM
    OK, have spent three days with my new DTEK60 that I purchased from Crackberry Canada. It came with free leather flip case, free large battery, and free rapid charger. I also bought the BlackBerry soft case at 10% off.

My feelings so far:

The first word that comes to mind with the new DTEK60 is that it is very "slick:" It feels solid, high-end, lighter than my PRIV, and solid. It is made of glass front and back, with a metal frame. It has four speakers, two in front and two in back.

I protect it with the BlackBerry soft shell case as protection is a must, however strangely the case covers the two rear speakers.

The DTEK60 display is bright and navigation is quick and easy given the better processor.

Although the DTEK60 screen is only slightly larger (5.5") than the PRIV (5.4"), it seems bigger and brighter given the better quality display.

The display is very sensitive and responsive to touch. Videos play smoothly and images are crisp, clear, and vibrant. Great for games, news, and TV.

The four speakers are very good, but are not as loud as the Z30 which I loved.

The BlackBerry Hub works well with the Android Dtek60 as it did with the PRIV.

Apps respond well, and accessing the Web is quick. Scrolling is faster on the DTEK60 than with my PRIV.

Charging the DTEK60 with either the stock charger or the rapid recharger is fast. Lack of a proper dock or support is a bit annoying, however. I liked using my BlackBerry charging pod / dock with my PRIV and my Passport SE.

There is a smallish red LED message light as is the case on all BlackBerry devices, but it cannot produce the variety of colours as on the PRIV for each different message account.

Alarms and message notifications are somewhat quieter than on traditional BlackBerry devices, but updates will likely allow for the user to adjust the sound.

So far, the 21MP camera on the DTEK60 is very good-to-excellent both indoors and outdoors. Images are bright, clear, and detail is crisp. I haven't yet noticed any halos, bleeding, or noise.

Note that I haven't had enough time to compare with my PRIV 18MP camera, however, nor have I tried the front camera. The rear 18MP camera on the PRIV was excellent.

The fingerprint sensor is a really nice feature; you can instantly unlock your phone without typing in your code.

The DTEK60 is lighter and thinner than the PRIV, which is nice, although there is no PKB. Yes, the 21MP camera lens protrudes from the DTEK60, but so did the camera on the PRIV.

Calls so far are clear. The stock BlackBerry headphones are very good as well.

The BlackBerry virtual keyboard is once again very good as it was on the PRIV, although not as excellent as the OS10 vkb on the Passport SE or Z30.

These are my initial observations. Overall, I would recommend the DTEK60 as it is great value for the money, and offers many BlackBerry features in an Android environment with lots of apps. It is light, rigid, and has a professional feel to it.

I hope to post Dtek60 photos soon!

TonyTheCanuck

Sent from my BlackBerry DTEK60
    Envoy� de mon BlackBerry DTEK60
    Thanks for that insightful information!

Cheers
    11-20-16 04:46 PM
    It's a learning curve....makes me miss my passport and BB10. For me BB10 flows so much better than Android. I miss the pp keyboard. I hope I can fall in love with this as I did with all my other BB's.
    I've been on BB10 since 2013 and I've had a Galaxy Tab S since 2015 and that's a huge complaint from me about android. Say what you will about BB10 but it is seamless. I hate application switching on android and ios.
    Last edited by jermainewill; 11-25-16 at 09:37 PM.
    11-25-16 09:25 PM
    However, I miss the little things about BB10 that made it so convenient and functional, such as the ability to change music tracks with the screen off by holding the volume button...
    This will probably be incredibly frustrating for me as someone who uses my Z30 to listen to music EVERY day.
    bigjman likes this.
    11-25-16 09:37 PM
    Got mine on Friday. Nice feel to it. Bit slippery like everyone says but it's not flying out of my hands.

The battery standby life is amazing. I lose maybe 4% overnight with it in a BlackBerry case, WiFi and Bluetooth on.

Of course as soon as I use it the screen burns battery
    11-29-16 10:02 AM
    This will probably be incredibly frustrating for me as someone who uses my Z30 to listen to music EVERY day.
    Yes, the speakers on my Z30 were awesome. The Z30 was a great device for many reasons.
    11-29-16 12:45 PM
    Got mine on Friday. Nice feel to it. Bit slippery like everyone says but it's not flying out of my hands.

The battery standby life is amazing. I lose maybe 4% overnight with it in a BlackBerry case, WiFi and Bluetooth on.

Of course as soon as I use it the screen burns battery
    I put on first the BlackBerry soft shell case, and now the Incipio hard case since the glass back of the Dtek60 makes it slippery.
    11-29-16 12:46 PM
    So who here has ordered from Shop BlackBerry and is impatiently waiting for that shipping confirmation to come through? I ordered on November 26 and have been obsessively refreshing my inbox since that day! Digital River must be busy because it's never taken this long for me to get the actual shipment (averaging 48 hours from time of order to time of package delivery), let alone a shipping confirmation email!

There's another thread speculating that DR is behind because of the Black Friday BB sales but some are shooting that down saying that BB handsets is only a tiny percentage of the phones that they sell so the delays are more likely due to overall increased volumes due to the time of year.

I don't really care as long as I get my DTEK60 soon! Who else is waiting for their shipping confirmation out there?
    fanBBRY likes this.
    11-30-16 11:00 AM
    So who here has ordered from Shop BlackBerry and is impatiently waiting for that shipping confirmation to come through? I ordered on November 26 and have been obsessively refreshing my inbox since that day! Digital River must be busy because it's never taken this long for me to get the actual shipment (averaging 48 hours from time of order to time of package delivery), let alone a shipping confirmation email!

There's another thread speculating that DR is behind because of the Black Friday BB sales but some are shooting that down saying that BB handsets is only a tiny percentage of the phones that they sell so the delays are more likely due to overall increased volumes due to the time of year.

I don't really care as long as I get my DTEK60 soon! Who else is waiting for their shipping confirmation out there?
    I ordered from Crackberry Canada a month ago for the fantastic Dtek60 deal, and at the time I knew it was back ordered, so it did take about a week before the package was confirmed as "shipped." It was worth the wait!
    11-30-16 05:53 PM
    Yes I got that warning the first time I tried and I acknowledged. Problem still persisted. I will replace the cord and try again.

I rarely used the headphone boost feature of the Z30.

Normal headphones use seems okay, but I rarely blast the volume on headphones.
    Yes, the warning is normal and is designed to protect the user. Not many phones show concern for the user's hearing!
    11-30-16 05:54 PM
270 ... 678910 ...