My new Dtek60 was delivered at home to my wife but I am at work. Took only one day from time of ordering to delivery.

Cant wait to get home. LOL
    Egod101 likes this.
    10-26-16 03:14 PM
    Hey, in general, how is the HUB now a days on Andoid? How does it compare to BB10 HUB, I have a Z30, I know on Android the hub isn't right there to the left, and is an app, but once it's open, does it function as well as the BB10 HUB did?
    I have a BB Passport and a Google Nexus 5 that runs the Android version of the BB10 Hub... I can tell you that there are slight differences. I am not sure if you can swipe left/right to delete items on the Z30 (can't do that on the Passport), but that's something you can do in the Android version. However, I find the Android version less intelligent. It has issues remembering the folders to place my emails when I click on the folder button. Furthermore, sometimes there are ghost emails that I have deleted but still shows up in the count. Lastly, you don't directly reply to messages as you can with the Hub. For text messages and BBM messages, for example, you are brought to the external app to reply, which is not a bother, but is different.

Overall, I would say they are similar but the Hub on BB10 is still superior and less buggy... reasonably so since it has been perfected over the past few years.
    Last edited by friendethan; 10-26-16 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Quote needed otherwise out of context
    10-26-16 03:19 PM
    I got mine within 24 hours after i ordered. Started this thread this morning. Enjoy your going to luv it.
    10-26-16 03:20 PM
    Jealous! I have to wait a few more hours.
    Jealous! I have to wait a few more days. Lol!
    10-26-16 03:30 PM
    Jealous! I have to wait a few more days. Lol!
    Jealous. I have to wait a few more months!
    10-26-16 04:34 PM
    Do you miss the keyboard? I have never had an all touch screen phone. I can't give up the qwerty keyboard and tactile feel of buttons. I really want this phone, but change is scary, and I don't know if I can get use to typing on a screen only. I suck at it on may PRIV still.
    Why not just wait and see if the Mercury comes out? I bought the DTEK50, and even though it is nice in many ways I can't type worth beans with the virtual keyboard so I do regret buying it. I love the Android features but hate typing as I cannot do it without multiple mistakes. I think we will see Mercury in the next few months.
    goonerkhan likes this.
    10-26-16 07:04 PM
    Thanks for the info. Bummer, I was hoping the HUB might work even better than it used to. Well, I guess Verizon will never get the phone so what am I worried about? haha

I have a BB Passport and a Google Nexus 5 that runs the Android version of the BB10 Hub... I can tell you that there are slight differences. I am not sure if you can swipe left/right to delete items on the Z30 (can't do that on the Passport), but that's something you can do in the Android version. However, I find the Android version less intelligent. It has issues remembering the folders to place my emails when I click on the folder button. Furthermore, sometimes there are ghost emails that I have deleted but still shows up in the count. Lastly, you don't directly reply to messages as you can with the Hub. For text messages and BBM messages, for example, you are brought to the external app to reply, which is not a bother, but is different.

Overall, I would say they are similar but the Hub on BB10 is still superior and less buggy... reasonably so since it has been perfected over the past few years.
    10-26-16 07:45 PM
    Please let us know about the battery life of the #DTEK60 can't wait to have your say.
    10-26-16 11:34 PM
    My phone charged from 9% - 100 in an hour. the battery was at 100 % at 12:00pm today. fell to 9% at 12:15am. but i was constantly on it all day. The new phone i cant put down spell. morning will be the real full test. I downloaded an app called always on amoled beta. time always shows while phones in sleep mode. Battery killer. just deleted off phone. phone battery went from 98% - 71% in 6 hours while app was running while i was sleeping.
    Last edited by mikedolo; 10-27-16 at 06:56 AM.
    10-27-16 12:36 AM
    Nice can't wait to get mine as well,

looks like a great BB
    10-27-16 02:51 AM
    I'm concerned about the slippery back. Being slippery is one of the reasons why I dislike the iphones. I don't like cases, and I have very little chances to touch a Dtek60 in person where I live.
    Maybe somebody can comment on this issue?
    10-27-16 04:17 AM
    Haven't held one yet But even if it is slippery just pop on a skin and it will add some grip.

There are a lot of cool skins available now days and I'm sure they will be available for the DTEK60 soon
    10-27-16 04:26 AM
    Haven't held one yet But even if it is slippery just pop on a skin and it will add some grip.

There are a lot of cool skins available now days and I'm sure they will be available for the DTEK60 soon
    Thanks. Like I said, I don't use cases.
    Would ask someone to comment who actually has it already and maybe can compare, e.g. To an iPhone 6 or 7?
    10-27-16 04:29 AM
    Yup, Waiting on someone to chime in as well. Otherwise when I receive mine if no one else has posted I will update as to the slipperiness on the back of the phone

By the way, skin is not a case it's a thin film that attaches to the phone to protect it without being noticeable, you can get clear ones or textured/coloured ones as well just search online and you will see what I mean.

I get where you are coming from, I don't like cases on phones either, totally ruin the look and make them too bulky

cheers
    10-27-16 04:36 AM
    Sure looks sweet, lucky bugger.
    10-27-16 05:33 AM
    love to have like yours but in red
    Official 'I got my DTEK60' thread-untitled-12.jpg
    markus2107, Egod101 and vagos2006 like this.
    10-27-16 05:54 AM
    Or navy blue
    10-27-16 07:23 AM
    Mine arrives yesterday, I'm going to test out the camera today
    KorChi_JapThai likes this.
    10-27-16 07:29 AM
    Congrats to all on their new purchase. I'll be watching this thread, curious to hear feedback on the device.

Man, I'm definitely waiting on the Mercury (will it, won't it) but the enthusiasm is contagious, lol. Anyone try the fingerprint unlock, curious how that works. I prefer picture password, but I might recommend this phone if all is well.
    10-27-16 08:20 AM
    That looks good (skin),i'll have one of those but in green ( well i am irish )
    10-27-16 10:23 AM
    It's a lot brighter than my Priv. Like laying in bed with the lights off and looking at your phone blindingly bright lol.
    What you doing in bed, get up and get to work.
    10-27-16 10:34 AM
    I got it, but can't use it till I get home. My condo emailed me saying they have received a package for me, but I'm stuck at work
    10-27-16 10:53 AM
    My phone charged from 9% - 100 in an hour. the battery was at 100 % at 12:00pm today. fell to 9% at 12:15am. but i was constantly on it all day. The new phone i cant put down spell. morning will be the real full test. I downloaded an app called always on amoled beta. time always shows while phones in sleep mode. Battery killer. just deleted off phone. phone battery went from 98% - 71% in 6 hours while app was running while i was sleeping.
    Supposedly that feature is inbuilt I had read in some thread

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-27-16 11:02 AM
    I ordered my DTEK 60 yesterday morning and it arrived while I was at home for lunch today. I'm anxious to get it set up tonight. I really like the color. It was described as a gray-brown and it looks brown in the light. I like the color; it's different than the typical black or gray phones. Does anyone know how to register this phone with AT&T and delete my Classic?
    10-27-16 11:45 AM
    Purolator guy just dropped it off,
    zocster, Vampiro, Carjackd and 1 others like this.
    10-27-16 11:57 AM
270 12345 ...