I ordered from Crackberry Canada a month ago for the fantastic Dtek60 deal, and at the time I knew it was back ordered, so it did take about a week before the package was confirmed as "shipped." It was worth the wait!
    I just received my shipping notice! Woohoo! Im in Toronto so fingers crossed that it arrives here tomorrow!
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    11-30-16 07:16 PM
    I put on first the BlackBerry soft shell case, and now the Incipio hard case since the glass back of the Dtek60 makes it slippery.
    Right now I'm using the flip case that came with the CrackBerry deal. Though I hate it for typing since the flip cover is just in the way.

Going to go with the pocket case for now since it will actually cover the camera when not in use.
    12-01-16 10:07 AM
    Right now I'm using the flip case that came with the CrackBerry deal. Though I hate it for typing since the flip cover is just in the way.

Going to go with the pocket case for now since it will actually cover the camera when not in use.
    I have the Incipio "Duo" case in black (it has a rubber cover and a hard outer case) which protects the DTEK60 very well; It protects the protruding rear camera.
    12-01-16 12:48 PM
    Purolator just delivered my dtek60!! Loooove how premium it feels! I'm slamming it hard now setting up all my accounts and installing all my apps but am looking forward to transferring my SIM over from my Priv and using it as my daily driver starting tomorrow!
    12-01-16 12:49 PM
    Purolator just delivered my dtek60!! Loooove how premium it feels! I'm slamming it hard now setting up all my accounts and installing all my apps but am looking forward to transferring my SIM over from my Priv and using it as my daily driver starting tomorrow!
    Great! Congratulations!

I switched from the PRIV to the Dtek60 too!

Note: Switching your SIM card from one device to another may require reformatting it, so make sure you download and back up whatever is on the card first!
    12-01-16 05:46 PM
    24 hours in and absolutely love, love, LOVE this phone!!!! BlackBerry has done a fabulous job one year in to the Android pivot. A shame that there isn't more coverage as I'm sure those who would normally never consider a BlackBerry would be very pleased with this device.

So smooth, great for factor, fantastic build, terrific battery life... I could go on.

My only gripe doesn't even have to do with the phone! I just wish that the free software shell case had some branding on the back. The BlackBerry word mark would look great at the bottom (similar to the dtek50 oem soft shell case).

Aside from that, great job, BlackBerry! The DTEK60 will keep me busy until the Mercury comes out!
    12-02-16 06:17 PM
    24 hours in and absolutely love, love, LOVE this phone!!!! BlackBerry has done a fabulous job one year in to the Android pivot. A shame that there isn't more coverage as I'm sure those who would normally never consider a BlackBerry would be very pleased with this device.

So smooth, great for factor, fantastic build, terrific battery life... I could go on.

My only gripe doesn't even have to do with the phone! I just wish that the free software shell case had some branding on the back. The BlackBerry word mark would look great at the bottom (similar to the dtek50 oem soft shell case).

Aside from that, great job, BlackBerry! The DTEK60 will keep me busy until the Mercury comes out!
    Yes, I agree; I wish the BlackBerry logo was on the front as well. The rear logo shows through clear cases!
    12-03-16 07:10 AM
    Hardest part for me is waiting. Placed an order on Saturday, still waiting for shipping notification. I am assuming they are a little back logged due to the Black Friday Sale.

Patiently (not so patiently) waiting!!!
    12-05-16 06:25 PM
    Ordered mine today, cautiously looking forward to it. This will be my first Android. Currently have a Z30. Got the swivel holster and smart pouch with it as well

12-05-16 06:31 PM
    Hardest part for me is waiting. Placed an order on Saturday, still waiting for shipping notification. I am assuming they are a little back logged due to the Black Friday Sale.

I ordered on Thursday night, my phone hasn`t shipped yet. I called their number and they said they had a huge backlog from black Friday and they are expecting my phone to ship by the end of day Wednesday. I`m guessing your order won`t be far behind mine.
    diego.roscetti likes this.
    12-05-16 07:35 PM

I ordered the DTEK60 bundle from Crackberry in Canada. It took a few days for them to get the items back in stock, and then a few more days for them to ship, but it was worth the wait!
    12-05-16 07:41 PM
    I ordered on Thursday night, my phone hasn`t shipped yet. I called their number and they said they had a huge backlog from black Friday and they are expecting my phone to ship by the end of day Wednesday. I`m guessing your order won`t be far behind mine.
    I ordered the DTEK60 bundle from Crackberry in Canada in October. It took a few days for them to get the items back in stock, and then a few more days for them to ship, but it was well worth the wait!
    diego.roscetti likes this.
    12-05-16 07:42 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate it.
    12-05-16 08:10 PM
    So I received my shipping confirmation from Digital River overnight. I checked the status of Purolator this morning and I am going to be receiving it today.

What a nice surprise to wake up to.

So excited. Like a kid in a Toy Store
    12-06-16 07:47 AM
    So I received my shipping confirmation from Digital River overnight. I checked the status of Purolator this morning and I am going to be receiving it today.

What a nice surprise to wake up to.

So excited. Like a kid in a Toy Store
    Let us know how you like it once it arrives!
    12-06-16 11:30 AM
    Let us know how you like it once it arrives!
    Got it all set up and running the way I like it.

Love how it feels. So light weight but feels like a real Premium built device.

I have always installed Nova but I am going to keep the BlackBerry launcher for now. I am liking the swiping up from the home button shortcuts.

So far I love it. I feel like I am home with this instead of the 7 plus.
    12-06-16 03:18 PM
    Got it all set up and running the way I like it.

Love how it feels. So light weight but feels like a real Premium built device.

I have always installed Nova but I am going to keep the BlackBerry launcher for now. I am liking the swiping up from the home button shortcuts.

So far I love it. I feel like I am home with this instead of the 7 plus.
    The swipe up shortcuts will still work if you use the Nova Launcher.

I had forgotten how much I missed having themes from the BB OS days. Android is a really awesome OS when it comes to customizing the UX to your tastes. I loved bb10 but am thankful for how well BlackBerry has adopted Android. It's so nice to get whatever App I want whenever I need it without some workaround (although much respect to Cobalt for helping us get the most out of our bb10 devices).
    12-06-16 07:14 PM
    Got the 60, beautiful phone, OS is shyte. Gonna take awhile to vet used to this thing
    12-09-16 09:33 PM
    The swipe up shortcuts will still work if you use the Nova Launcher.

I had forgotten how much I missed having themes from the BB OS days. Android is a really awesome OS when it comes to customizing the UX to your tastes. I loved bb10 but am thankful for how well BlackBerry has adopted Android. It's so nice to get whatever App I want whenever I need it without some workaround (although much respect to Cobalt for helping us get the most out of our bb10 devices).
    Thanks for the heads up. Got Nova set up. The productivity tab and the swipe up shortcuts do work with Nova as well, like you said.

Just love the additional features and options of Nova. Being able to shrink the icons and custom the grid size are just a couple.

Also, the padding feature for the widgets just makes them look so much better going all the way to the edge of the screen.
    12-10-16 09:23 AM
    Got the 60, beautiful phone, OS is shyte. Gonna take awhile to vet used to this thing
    Yes, I agree.

I have had the BlackBerry Torch 2 9810, the Z30, Passport SE, Priv, and now the DTEK60.

I still miss BlackBerry 0S10. It was a solid, dependable, and stable OS. It never crashed, and I did like the "swipe" feature. I also loved the BlackBerry OS10 version of the virtual keyboard. It was awesome and dependable, and predicted text in multiple languages quickly and efficiently.

Although I loved the PRIV and really enjoy the DTEK60, I still find the Android OS environment inferior.

Of course, the huge advantage to Android is the huge range of apps that are available. Sadly, there were never enough apps for OS10.
    12-10-16 12:06 PM

I have the BlackBerry soft shell case which is good, although it doesn't completely protect the camera lens.

I now have the Incipio DualPro Dtek60 case in black which offers excellent protection.

I also have the Incipio Octane Pure case in clear for the Idol 4S. It is a one piece slightly soft shell case which also offers excellent protection for the Dtek60.
    12-10-16 12:09 PM

Going to go with the pocket case for now since it will actually cover the camera when not in use.[/QUOTE]

I have the BlackBerry soft shell case too which is good, although it doesn't completely protect the camera lens.

I now have the Incipio DualPro Dtek60 case in black which offers excellent protection. But it covers the BlackBerry logo.

I also have the Incipio Octane Pure case in CLEAR for the Idol 4S. It is a one piece slightly soft shell case which also offers excellent protection for the Dtek60. And the BlackBerry logo shows through the clear back!
    12-10-16 12:12 PM
    I went with the leather pocket, it's all I ever used for my BlackBerry's. IMO the device was designed and intended to be enjoyed naked and the design of the 60 is no exception.

Now that I've had some time with this thing, some comments and wishes

Disclaimer: if some of my gripes are in fact not gripes, it's only because I haven't figured it out yet.... But that's one of my gripes LOL

-would like the widget tray as an option for swipe shortcuts. This would help transition from BB10
    -didn't realize how often I used peek, really miss that feature
    -not sure why, but I miss the space bar a lot when typing, get a lot of jumbled words, and without the edit bubble it makes the clean up harder
    -speaking of....miss the edit bubble from BB10 keyboard. Why is that not there?
    -Battery life is good, no complaints
    -can't lie, nice to to have so many apps that integrate into notifications
    -really miss bedside mode. I've cobbled up the DND + a night time clock.... But struggling to get it right
    -why does the phone app not have voicemail as a default favorites?
    -Android CB app not as good as BB10 version
    -don't like the three button approach, swipe gestures are simpler, especially cascades within the app
    -Hub: not a bad effort, would like to see "attach from hub return" , I used that a lot. I like the right left swipe action settings though better than the triage of BB10 hub
    -not being able set a home page for Chrome browser is silly

That's all for now, I'm sure some of these will go away, but I'll discover new "challenges" and cool surprises as well
    12-11-16 07:58 AM
    I went with the leather pocket, it's all I ever used for my BlackBerry's. IMO the device was designed and intended to be enjoyed naked and the design of the 60 is no exception.

Now that I've had some time with this thing, some comments and wishes

Disclaimer: if some of my gripes are in fact not gripes, it's only because I haven't figured it out yet.... But that's one of my gripes LOL

-would like the widget tray as an option for swipe shortcuts. This would help transition from BB10
    -didn't realize how often I used peek, really miss that feature
    -not sure why, but I miss the space bar a lot when typing, get a lot of jumbled words, and without the edit bubble it makes the clean up harder
    -speaking of....miss the edit bubble from BB10 keyboard. Why is that not there?
    -Battery life is good, no complaints
    -can't lie, nice to to have so many apps that integrate into notifications
    -really miss bedside mode. I've cobbled up the DND + a night time clock.... But struggling to get it right
    -why does the phone app not have voicemail as a default favorites?
    -Android CB app not as good as BB10 version
    -don't like the three button approach, swipe gestures are simpler, especially cascades within the app
    -Hub: not a bad effort, would like to see "attach from hub return" , I used that a lot. I like the right left swipe action settings though better than the triage of BB10 hub
    -not being able set a home page for Chrome browser is silly

That's all for now, I'm sure some of these will go away, but I'll discover new "challenges" and cool surprises as well
    I agree with many of your points :

1). I would always prefer to use by BlackBerry "naked" since they are all well designed and often have innovative cases. The Torch 2 9810 was a great slider. With my Z30, the glass weave back was innovative and felt great. The Passport SE had a solid metal frame and great rubber back. My PRIV also had an innovative slider design with glass weave back. And the DTEK60 also has a unique glass back.

The problem is that I have dropped them all, and really need to have some sort of case on each of them.

2). I also prefer the 0S10 BlackBerry multilingual keyboard. The Android version is good, but does not meet the accurate and rapid predictive quality of the BlackBerry OS10 keyboard. I type a lot in French, and the Android keyboard is inferior. The BlackBerry OS10 keyboard was awesome when typing in multiple languages.

3). I miss the OS10 BlackBerry bedside mode and clock. I miss the night settings and alarms. The Android version of the clock settings are inferior.
    12-11-16 10:24 AM
    I agree with many of your points :

3). I miss the OS10 BlackBerry bedside mode and clock. I miss the night settings and alarms. The Android version of the clock settings are inferior.
    try Night Dream clock (free app). What I did was set DND to turn on based on my normal to sleep / wake hours (based on weekday and weekend) and set Night Dream to automatically turn on within a certain time range when plugged in. It's a work around and not ideal, but not a bad setup. You loose the notification flexibility, but you made everything else automatic.
    12-11-16 10:49 AM
270 ... 7891011