Anyone here that has inside info from Wind?? crossing my fingers on this one
    10-21-16 05:00 PM
    Don't count on carriers this time around. Remember, the DTEK50 wasn't even picked up by US carriers.
    10-21-16 06:02 PM
    Don't count on carriers this time around. Remember, the DTEK50 wasn't even picked up by US carriers.
    They carry the 50 maybe a slight chance? Otherwise buying it is not gonna happen
    10-21-16 06:42 PM
    They carry the 50 maybe a slight chance? Otherwise buying it is not gonna happen
    Slllight.. but like I said, don't count on it.
    10-21-16 07:08 PM
    Seriously, no canadian carriers ?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 09:35 PM
    Seriously, no canadian carriers ?

Posted via CB10
    Carriers rip you off with hardware anyway.
    10-21-16 10:26 PM
    Based on their Dtek50 sales, it's probably not coming to Wind. Plus, Wind likes cheaper phones.
    10-21-16 10:26 PM
    Carriers rip you off with hardware anyway.
    I have a saved tab which comes out of mknthly payments. So technically, I am losing if I dont change my phone. But I see what you are saying.
    10-21-16 10:29 PM
    Based on their Dtek50 sales, it's probably not coming to Wind. Plus, Wind likes cheaper phones.
    Have they been that bad?
    10-21-16 10:31 PM
    Just pick one up at Staples and change to a plan that doesn't require you to subsidize your phone company's loyalty program.
    10-22-16 12:08 AM
    Well think about it. Have you seen a dtek50 commercial. Or any promotion. I figure the only people that are going to buy a blackberry are the people that follow sites that cover Blackberry. This is the same company that gave out a free battery pack as a pre order gift. Why cause they had tons laying around. While other companies are giving away vr headsets and watches. Most People looking to get a smartphone upgrade don't even know Blackberry exist still. People look at my dtek50 and say what is that. I say a blackberry. They reply...oh that's the priv phone. Way to go Blackberry😕
    10-22-16 06:47 AM
    It's painfully obvious to me that Chen has wanted to pull BlackBerry out of the phone business all along. First, make the company obscure in that genre by funneling budget elsewhere (software intensive). Then, create great phones but no marketing campaigns. Follow that up with announcement that the company will continue making phones as long as they're profitable - a virtual impossibility without consumers knowing the phones even exist. Finally, announce that the company is no longer designing hardware which alienates faithful consumers. Now, you are sufficiently justified in your initial objective...no more BlackBerry phones! Congratulations, Mr Chen, on your accomplishment!

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 08:48 AM
    It's painfully obvious to me that Chen has wanted to pull BlackBerry out of the phone business all along. First, make the company obscure in that genre by funneling budget elsewhere (software intensive). Then, create great phones but no marketing campaigns. Follow that up with announcement that the company will continue making phones as long as they're profitable - a virtual impossibility without consumers knowing the phones even exist. Finally, announce that the company is no longer designing hardware which alienates faithful consumers. Now, you are sufficiently justified in your initial objective...no more BlackBerry phones! Congratulations, Mr Chen, on your accomplishment!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry made the decision to abandon hardware and pivot to software when BB10 flopped in 2013 and no one bought them when they put themselves up for sale.

Chen was hired specifically to execute the switch to software.
    JeepBB and StephanieMaks like this.
    10-22-16 09:02 AM
    Have they been that bad?
    Chen is exiting Hardware at the end of the fiscal year, is openly pondering on whether to release the Mercury, and the DTEK60 hasn't yet been released as expected.

I suspect there's an obvious conclusion to be drawn over how well the DTEK50 has been selling, how about you...?
    10-22-16 12:02 PM
    Chen is exiting Hardware at the end of the fiscal year, is openly pondering on whether to release the Mercury, and the DTEK60 hasn't yet been released as expected.

I suspect there's an obvious conclusion to be drawn over how well the DTEK50 has been selling, how about you...?
    I'll say it again, if nobody (meaning the majority of consumers) knows that your product exists, how can you expect your product to break any sales records? BlackBerry phones have been set up to fail not because they don't measure up but because management wants them to fail. That way they can justify shutting down the hardware side of the company. Imho. Ijs

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 12:31 PM
    I'll say it again, if nobody (meaning the majority of consumers) knows that your product exists, how can you expect your product to break any sales records? BlackBerry phones have been set up to fail not because they don't measure up but because management wants them to fail. That way they can justify shutting down the hardware side of the company. Imho. Ijs

Posted via CB10
    That's nonsense. No one wants to fail on purpose. That's fraud.

Look at it another way. BlackBerry is moving to software, so has severely limited the resources provided to the device business. Money is better spent where there is the best chance at generating income.
    10-22-16 12:38 PM
    That's nonsense. No one wants to fail on purpose. That's fraud.

Look at it another way. BlackBerry is moving to software, so has severely limited the resources provided to the device business. Money is better spent where there is the best chance at generating income.
    Let's not be naive, Conite. It's done a lot in order for someone not to look like the villain. You arrange a no-win situation such as stating that if a product does not sell x number of units, and you follow that up by not funding a marketing / advertising campaign to inform consumers the product is great and available for sale. Then, when the units don't move, management is justified in closing the department. You mean you have never seen or been privy to this? C'mon, man!
    10-22-16 12:46 PM
    Please don't take the remarks to heart. These are things I have seen in the business world. Have a great weekend!
    10-22-16 12:53 PM
    Let's not be naive, Conite. It's done a lot in order for someone not to look like the villain. You arrange a no-win situation such as stating that if a product does not sell x number of units, and you follow that up by not funding a marketing / advertising campaign to inform consumers the product is great and available for sale. Then, when the units don't move, management is justified in closing the department. You mean you have never seen or been privy to this? C'mon, man!
    I believe Chen was absolutely truthful.

Here is our limited budget for the device business, and here are the goals we need to achieve to bother staying with it. It's simple math. Maybe the constraints made success unlikely, but there it is.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-22-16 12:56 PM
    I believe Chen was absolutely truthful.

Here is our limited budget for the device business, and here are the goals we need to achieve to bother staying with it. It's simple math. Maybe the constraints made success unlikely, but there it is.
    True, Conite. Thanks for the clarification.
    10-22-16 12:58 PM
    BlackBerry is not trying to compete in the consumer device market. They've proven over and over that it is not profitable for them.
    As Chen has explained more than once recently, the reason they continue to sell hardware is to support sales of their mobile device management and security software to government and enterprise customers.
    10-23-16 12:28 PM