Have just changed from O2 to BT here in the UK. All is sweet, bill smaller and data etc better. One thing I have noticed is that my number is now shown as 'not known' in the phone app. I have done a search and tried entearing it via the message app and using an old dumb phone to try and put it on. But no luck. Any ideas?
    06-20-17 10:31 AM
    Have just changed from O2 to BT here in the UK. All is sweet, bill smaller and data etc better. One thing I have noticed is that my number is now shown as 'not known' in the phone app. I have done a search and tried entearing it via the message app and using an old dumb phone to try and put it on. But no luck. Any ideas?

Maybe try this:
    1) Open Phone app
    2) Tap three dots in the upper right-hand corner in the Search contacts box.
    3) Settings
    4) Calls
    5) Additional settings
    6) (this page may take a second to load) Tap Caller ID
    7) Choose either Network Default or Show number
    8) Test it out.

Hope this helps and I understood what you were asking for...
    06-20-17 12:07 PM
    Maybe try this:
    1) Open Phone app
    2) Tap three dots in the upper right-hand corner in the Search contacts box.
    3) Settings
    4) Calls
    5) Additional settings
    6) (this page may take a second to load) Tap Caller ID
    7) Choose either Network Default or Show number
    8) Test it out.

Hope this helps and I understood what you were asking for...
    Thanks for that. I've tried it and still nothing. I've called BT and they told me they don't support 'ported' numbers only their own issue on new SIM cards.

I kept my old O2 number and not the BT number. My daughter's Moto g5 with her new BT sim works ok as it's her first number.

But the wife who ported her old BT number over is the same as me on her old Moto g4.

Oh well no biggy, cheers.
    06-20-17 01:40 PM
    Thanks for that. I've tried it and still nothing. I've called BT and they told me they don't support 'ported' numbers only their own issue on new SIM cards.

I kept my old O2 number and not the BT number. My daughter's Moto g5 with her new BT sim works ok as it's her first number.

But the wife who ported her old BT number over is the same as me on her old Moto g4.

Oh well no biggy, cheers.
    Learn something new every day! Thanks for filling us in and sorry this didn't work out.
    06-20-17 03:12 PM
    Yipeeeeeeeee!

After reading about how to get my own number on to my SIM card, I was about to ask a mate to help with his iPhone. As this seems the only way to do it. Then it struck me, all I need is a non android phone. Into the cupboard where old tech goes to live. In amongst the old digital cameras, walkmans CD players, mini disc player and a couple of very very old Nokia phones I found a 2005 LG handset. It was off so onto its charger it went. Thirty mins later I checked it's settings and there it was ' my number on sim' it was blank. I put my tiny SIM card into an adaptor and typed in my old O2 number and hit save. SIM back into the 60 and there it was. No more number unknown.

So that's how to do it. Old non android phone with a ' my number's setting.
    kbz1960 and coffee-turtle like this.
    06-22-17 09:35 AM
    I have the same issue with my service provider in Canada. I just switched to a discount provider, and my number also shows as unknown. But it's not just with the DTEK60, others that have switched to this provider also have the number showing as unknown. So it may not be a phone issue, as much as it is a provider issue.
    06-22-17 06:02 PM